Topic Wiki

To find items (like this one) that are eligible for Easy Rebates that may end up being worth buying just for the points use this link.

If the status for the Easy Rebate says "Your reward has been sent" but you've never received the card or lost it before ever using it, then call 1-877-266-6483 to have Staples send out a replacement.

There are often coupons that lower the up front cost of paper that's on sale with a rebate. And other coupons, too.
Staples.com > on top menu bar - shop deals > coupons
BUT:

The coupon is now only able to work once per order! The $5 off is now being pro-rated between all the cases in the order, rather than the 4x it's put in!
To use the coupon 4x, you need to have each case checked out separately.  Which means that besides the bother at the register, you submit 4 different rebates - and you get 4 different rebate cards of $41 - instead of 1 rebate card worth $164.

« Last edited by ckmk47 on May 11, 2017, 10:11:46 PM »

Author Topic: Staples Master Thread (Visa Rebates And Other Major Deals Need Their Own Thread)  (Read 504362 times)

Offline Yehuda25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Thule EnRoute Strut Daypack for 15" MBP / 10" Tablet - Staples - $27 (Online Only - FS to Store)

http://www.staples.com/Thule-En-Route-Strut-Daypack-for-15-MacBook-Pro-and-10-Tablet/product_1622545

$5 off $25 Purchase texting 555-444 w/ SAVE

HT SD
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline clear thinker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Limited time offer. Valid online at staples.com® when you pay with Visa Checkout only. Not valid in store. Limit one coupon per customer, nontransferable. Minimum purchase requirement of $150 must be met with purchases of full-priced items to which no other coupon or instant savings offer applies. Tax and shipping not included in calculating the minimum purchase. May not be combined with any other coupon. No cash/credit back. Not valid on any SKU 513096, Beats™, Bose®, Canon® ink, Epson® ink and toner, HP ink and toner, JBL®, Roku®, SquareTrade® warranties, Staples Industrial(sm) purchases, Steelcase®, custom printing orders placed online, services, promotional products, gift cards, prior purchases or any purchases on other provider Web sites. Expires 4/25/15 or while supplies last.

I'm not seeing the discount applied, regardless what I put in the cart. What gives?
I had the same experience.
I wonder.
Maybe regular priced items, you tried?

Offline raphy781

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
I had the same experience.
I wonder.
Maybe regular priced items, you tried?
Had the same issue. It worked on regular priced items.

Offline RefuaFan

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Didn't find it in my searching. What's the deal with turning in ink cartridges monthly? Someone was telling me about is as a way to make a hefty amount of money monthly, but the way it's described on Staples.com seems like it's limited to $20-40/month, and ONLY if you've spent $30 on toner/ink in the past 3 months. Is there a better way to bypass the $30 spend that I'm missing?

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
Didn't find it in my searching. What's the deal with turning in ink cartridges monthly? Someone was telling me about is as a way to make a hefty amount of money monthly, but the way it's described on Staples.com seems like it's limited to $20-40/month, and ONLY if you've spent $30 on toner/ink in the past 3 months. Is there a better way to bypass the $30 spend that I'm missing?
No. And its $30 in ink per 180 days.

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
A Staples Reward Premier member can 'recycle' unlimited ink cartridges for credit. After hitting the minimum ink spending.
To become Premier, you need a certain level of Staples spending per year.  I don't remember how much. (Maybe $2000)
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline incendia

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile

https://saverocity.com/bighabitat/points-earning-basics/ebay-ink-recycling/

Offline bubbles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
A Staples Reward Premier member can 'recycle' unlimited ink cartridges for credit. After hitting the minimum ink spending.
To become Premier, you need a certain level of Staples spending per year.  I don't remember how much. (Maybe $2000)
Unlimited?? You can recycle 20 per month as premier

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
Its $1k. And as bubbles already said, it ain't unlimited.

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
Unlimited?? You can recycle 20 per month as premier
yup.  I've since checked. (staples.com was uncooperative yesterday.)
(When I brought it more than 10 it seemed unlimited.)

Offline RefuaFan

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Thanks guys.
Looks like I misheard him, and he said "an extra few hundred bucks a year.

Offline princea143

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Has anybody been able to load the Staples Rebate Visa Cards on Redbird or Bluebird?  I have yet to try, and I maxed out my RBs for this month, while I don't think it would work on BB since you need a pin code.  I have over $650 in rebate cards that I need to unload.  What's everyone's strategy to liquidate these?  With the regular Staples GCs, I just buy the penny reams of paper and max out the rebates for 8 households.  I then sell each ream for $3.50 to local businesses.  Rinse and repeat.

Offline lunatic

• View Profile
Has anybody been able to load the Staples Rebate Visa Cards on Redbird or Bluebird?  I have yet to try, and I maxed out my RBs for this month, while I don't think it would work on BB since you need a pin code.  I have over $650 in rebate cards that I need to unload.  What's everyone's strategy to liquidate these?  With the regular Staples GCs, I just buy the penny reams of paper and max out the rebates for 8 households.  I then sell each ream for $3.50 to local businesses.  Rinse and repeat.

Close a bb,  and open another redcard

Offline princea143

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Close a bb,  and open another redcard
Or just get another redcard!  I could find another SS# out there.   :P  So, I guess you're implying that they do liquidate in RC.  I'll be back in town on the 3rd, so I'll do it then.  Thanks.

Offline lunatic

• View Profile
Or just get another redcard!  I could find another SS# out there.   :P  So, I guess you're implying that they do liquidate in RC.  I'll be back in town on the 3rd, so I'll do it then.  Thanks.

Yes they do.  Just select credit instead of debit

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
Brooklyn captive here, so RC options are limited.
I've begun using my rebate cards at stores where I would get 1 ppd anyway. On purchases that I don't need any cc protections.
Reasoning: I got the rebate card as a result of using a cc with 5ppd. So, lets say, on a $50 Ink cc purchase, I got 250 pts and a $30 rebate card. Now I use the $30 and get no additional points.

Offline David R

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Brooklyn captive here, so RC options are limited.
I've begun using my rebate cards at stores where I would get 1 ppd anyway. On purchases that I don't need any cc protections.
Reasoning: I got the rebate card as a result of using a cc with 5ppd. So, lets say, on a $50 Ink cc purchase, I got 250 pts and a $30 rebate card. Now I use the $30 and get no additional points.
Is "Brooklyn captive" preventing you from loading a RC you have already and paying with your no-PIN rebate cards? Or do you not have a RC because you're a "Brooklyn captive"? If the latter, you can probably buy one from someone who bought it in another area.

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
Is "Brooklyn captive" preventing you from loading a RC you have already and paying with your no-PIN rebate cards? Or do you not have a RC because you're a "Brooklyn captive"? If the latter, you can probably buy one from someone who bought it in another area.
At Barcaly's Target you can only load with a debit card, up to 1K.  In one shot - when I once asked to load a 2nd $500 GC, they were suspicious as to why I didn't load all 1K at once.  So although I said 'different account' I won't do it constantly.
So the rebate cards, that have to go in as a credit, not debit card, is out.  Also, using even 5 cards of varying amounts wouldn't work.
At Gateway's Target, they wanted the RC to match my ID, so it was a non-starter.

Offline Aerial Dag

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
I have several Easy Rebates that Staples says were mailed but have not been received. Anyone know what the next steps are to claim missing rewards?