Author Topic: N95 Masks for Hospitals  (Read 1539 times)

Offline yaakov35

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: N95 Masks for Hospitals
« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 01:29:15 PM »
Just wondering, do you have any knowledge in this specific situation or are you just talking based on whatever?
I do purchasing for few nursing homes and hospitals. And let me reiterate. There is no shortage. Its all about the $$. The hospitals that want supplies have.

Offline Sammy82

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 01:37:18 PM »
I do purchasing for few nursing homes and hospitals. And let me reiterate. There is no shortage. Its all about the $$. The hospitals that want supplies have.
Assuming ur telling the truth, are you based in the midwest or west coast? Maybe things are different there.
From speaking to my purchaser (granted we're a small group, only 3 homes) as well as a few suppliers (again, I don't involve myself much with purchasing), up until this week, there most definitely was a shortage. ONobody medical professional would put themselves (not to mention their residents) at risk by using the same mask for a full week, as at least 2 very prestigious hospitals here have been making their staff do, unless it was not possible to get the necessary PPE.
And the next thing coming are gowns shortages.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 01:41:52 PM »
Every state has different laws. From reading on a different thread, it seems like in NJ, if a final vendor got ripped off and therefore is ripping you off, he isn't liable. Other states maybe yes. In short, it is probably very complicated and could be a lot of time and effort, which I don't have these days. 

You don't need to be the one investigating that.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline yaakov35

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 02:22:31 PM »
Assuming ur telling the truth, are you based in the midwest or west coast? Maybe things are different there.
From speaking to my purchaser (granted we're a small group, only 3 homes) as well as a few suppliers (again, I don't involve myself much with purchasing), up until this week, there most definitely was a shortage. ONobody medical professional would put themselves (not to mention their residents) at risk by using the same mask for a full week, as at least 2 very prestigious hospitals here have been making their staff do, unless it was not possible to get the necessary PPE.
And the next thing coming are gowns shortages.
Most of the facilities i work with are on the east coast, few scattered throughout rest of country. All are regular suppliers are well stocked, but their prices went up because their distributors went up because demand went up. There is 100% price gauging going on to a really terrible level. But my point is that there BILLIONS and BILLIONS of masks and ppe equipment in the tri state area right now.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:33:00 PM by yaakov35 »

Offline how

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Yesterday at 03:01:10 PM »
Most of the facilities i work with are on the east cost, few scattered throughout rest of country. All are regular suppliers are well stocked, but their prices went up because their distributors went up because demand went up. There is 100% price gauging going on to a really terrible level. But my point is that there BILLIONS and BILLIONS of masks and ppe equipment in the tri state area right now.
So can you get us some gowns?

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Yesterday at 03:03:11 PM »
Sure he could. For the right price  ;)

Offline how

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Yesterday at 03:23:19 PM »
Sure he could. For the right price  ;)
waiting for his response...

Offline yaakov35

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Yesterday at 04:33:49 PM »
Im not in the resale business, but people that are would be more than happy to help you out

Offline how

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Yesterday at 04:56:41 PM »
Im not in the resale business, but people that are would be more than happy to help you out
Still looking for those people

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Yesterday at 05:00:24 PM »
If there wasnt a shortage the state wouldnt be getting them for nursing homes. I picked up an order for one home and the state sent 60 gowns for the week.  :o

Also, when you say there is N-95 availability it doesnt mean KN-95 and it doesnt mean at $10 a piece. Thats not availability.

Hatzolah is running low on everything and they are scrambling. Using a box of gloves a day for active members. No N-95s available.

Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline how

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Yesterday at 05:03:17 PM »
If there wasnt a shortage the state wouldnt be getting them for nursing homes. I picked up an order for one home and the state sent 60 gowns for the week.  :o

Also, when you say there is N-95 availability it doesnt mean KN-95 and it doesnt mean at $10 a piece. Thats not availability.

Hatzolah is running low on everything and they are scrambling. Using a box of gloves a day for active members. No N-95s available.
I donít know what state this guy is in But I canít get gowns

Offline how

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Yesterday at 05:04:11 PM »

The state at this point said theyíre only giving the nursing homes three ply masks no more gowns.

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Yesterday at 05:07:02 PM »
I donít know what state this guy is in But I canít get gowns
But it's all hospital and SNF operators and owners fault. They should be prosecuted. Snobby, self centered executives.  :-X