24 (30%)
Galileo
2 (2.5%)
WorldSpan
1 (1.3%)
Internet Based System
9 (11.3%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: GDS Users AMADEUS, SABRE, GALILEO, WORLDSPAN  (Read 185665 times)

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
Re: GDS Users AMADEUS, SABRE, GALILEO, WORLDSPAN
« Reply #1275 on: August 06, 2019, 05:46:10 PM »
FLASH USA - August 6, 2019
Letter from John MacLeod: Our upcoming migration to the Altéa Passenger Services System (PSS)
redline
Dear Travel Agency Partner,

It is with a great sense of pleasure and anticipation that I send you this letter regarding our upcoming migration to the Altéa Passenger Services System (PSS). This letter marks the beginning of our comprehensive communication plan that will provide you with all of the information you need in this important project that will help you become more efficient, help you serve your customers and make it easier for you to do business with Air Canada.

After 25 years, our current Reservation System, RESIII, will take its final bow later this year. Taking its place is Altéa, an industry-leading PSS by Amadeus which runs an airline’s reservations and airport systems. This important undertaking will benefit you, our travel agent partners, as well as our joint customers, and will make it easier for the Air Canada customer service team to provide industry leading service.

Our PSS transition will take place in three phases.  The first phase is the transition to the reservation module of Altéa.  In this phase over 3 million PNRs and over 7 million ETs will migrate from RESIII to Altéa in a very short period of time, culminating in a large overnight activity when the new Altéa reservations module will come online. Following this, all new bookings will be made, stored and managed in the Altéa reservations system.  Phase two will follow shortly thereafter and will involve a move to Altéa Customer Management (CM), the Amadeus airport control system. We will transition our airports in groups and we expect this to take about 12 weeks in total to complete.  The third phase includes “fine tuning” our GDS functionality and refining our direct booking channel products.

What does this mean for you?

Transitioning to Altéa will enable us to offer an improved and consistent customer experience across all channels, including:

A seamless customer journey: Agents at our Contact Centres and Airports, 130+ Altéa-hosted airlines (including 19 of 27 Star Alliance carriers), as well as Amadeus-equipped travel agencies, will have a single view of the customer journey in real-time.
Automated re-accommodation tools: a single transaction during IROPs will allow Air Canada to re-book passengers, reissue their tickets and transfer their bag details.
Automated schedule change processing: real-time synchronization of Air Canada schedule updates to all GDS, minimizing the chance of e-ticketing failures.
A new group management system with a new, web-based tool and automated capabilities for group quotes and managing block space.
Substantially improved response times, greater stability and access to new unique Altéa features for agents using our direct channels
Access to Altea hosted carrier seat maps
New ReShop / Exchange tools, allowing Air Canada agents and Amadeus equipped travel agencies to make changes simply and efficiently
New technology for Air Canada Contact Centres, making them more efficient and better equipped to serve you
When will this transition happen?

The target date for the Phase 1 cutover from RESIII to the reservations module of Altéa is overnight on November 4, 2019. Following a short monitoring period, we will begin Phase 2 where we will move our airport control system to Altéa CM. Airports will be migrated in groups over a period of weeks, with a pause for the holiday travel period. All airports will be transitioned by the end of January 2020.

This is a massive project for Air Canada, both in size and in complexity. Our CEO Calin Rovinescu describes this transformation as equivalent to a “heart and lung transplant” for our airline. As we approach the transition in November, your Air Canada Team are going to be “all hands on deck” to ensure a smooth transition for you and our joint customers. We expect to be able to confirm our start date by mid-October.

In the meantime, you will receive regular progress updates from Keith Wallis our Senior Director of Distribution, including specific details and information you need in order to ensure a seamless transition.

Please reach out to your Air Canada Sales manager if you have any questions or observations.  We are excited to be working with you on this technology implementation that will benefit you and your customers.

Regards,

John MacLeod
Vice President, Global Sales & Alliances

Offline chff

• View Profile

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Aegean Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
« Reply #1277 on: August 12, 2019, 12:32:42 PM »
Does anyone know the format/rate codes for Best Western member-only rates in Galileo?

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 12, 2019, 12:56:52 PM »
Does anyone know the format/rate codes for Best Western member-only rates in Galileo?

First person I know that uses Galileo...

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 12, 2019, 01:27:15 PM »
First person I know that uses Galileo...

Mazel tov  ::)
Do you know the rate code by chance? (even if you don't use Galileo I'd appreciate it as sometimes they're the same across systems)

Galileo is what TravelPort markets in Israel.

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 15, 2019, 11:50:49 AM »
Mazel tov  ::)
Do you know the rate code by chance? (even if you don't use Galileo I'd appreciate it as sometimes they're the same across systems)

Galileo is what TravelPort markets in Israel.

per BW
Since this is a member rate plan it does need to be booked via Bestwestern.com or via our call center. We don’t offer these plans to the GDS’s.

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 16, 2019, 05:33:23 AM »
per BW

Thank you very much! Can you link to the source?  I did scan their TA resources and did not notice that.

BTW, YR1 and YR9 is IHG Your Rate (one is flex, one is non-refundable, I forgot which is which).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:40:42 AM by moe8555 »

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 16, 2019, 10:15:43 AM »
Thank you very much! Can you link to the source?  I did scan their TA resources and did not notice that.

I emailed them

Hyatt > H4Y
Hilton > H81

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 16, 2019, 11:23:27 AM »
I emailed them

Hyatt > H4Y
Hilton > H81

Thank you, and interesting what they said, since I did manage to bring up their flexible member rate in the GDS, but my client wanted the non-refundable member rate, which I could not find

Offline jose34

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: September 09, 2019, 05:47:59 PM »
Random: If a lot of flights hold till end of the next biz day, how come Monday night we do not see an influx of tickets, should 'nt that be the time when all the prices go down since when availability goes up prices come down?

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: September 10, 2019, 03:32:27 AM »
I have a customer flying TLV-MUC-JFK on LH and returning EWR-IAD-TLV on UA on UA stock that changed their last name and the US visa is under the new name. I spoke to LH and they agreed to change but UA refuses to touch the ticket due to the fact that it has OAL, instead UA wants to put an SSR to the checkin agents about the name change. Will LH let that or will they make issues that the name on the visa doesn't match the name on the ticket?

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: September 10, 2019, 07:29:30 AM »
I have a customer flying TLV-MUC-JFK on LH and returning EWR-IAD-TLV on UA on UA stock that changed their last name and the US visa is under the new name. I spoke to LH and they agreed to change but UA refuses to touch the ticket due to the fact that it has OAL, instead UA wants to put an SSR to the checkin agents about the name change. Will LH let that or will they make issues that the name on the visa doesn't match the name on the ticket?
Airlines don't change names if the PNR/Ticket involves a different carrier.

I would assume Passenger has both a new and old passport and if they can travel with both they should be good

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: September 10, 2019, 08:03:36 AM »
Airlines don't change names if the PNR/Ticket involves a different carrier.

I would assume Passenger has both a new and old passport and if they can travel with both they should be good
i was worried that Lufthansa would make issues that the visa name and ticket name don’t match( I have a client who ua made them issues in a similar situation)  so what I ended doing is that I opened up a new PNR and put in T class for LH segments and LH changed it to K and had United allow me a no penalty refund and issued a new ticket for $40 cheaper so I ended up making money off the debacle  :)

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 31, 2019, 05:00:40 PM »
FLASH USA - October 28, 2019
Planning Ahead for Air Canada’s System Upgrade to Amadeus Altéa

Since our last update, we have slightly adjusted our schedule to make November 19, 2019, the revised date for when we will turn on the new Reservations, Inventory and Ticketing (RIT) component in the Amadeus Altéa Suite.

Having two extra weeks to prepare has allowed us to extend our testing schedule while completing our technical and deployment readiness activities. Our new system will therefore be available to you (and us) on the morning of November 19, 2019 (Eastern Time). Our upgrade to Altéa will result in faster and more convenient transactions at all points of contact.

During the actual cutover from RESIII to Altéa overnight from November 18-19, there will be a period when all of Air Canada’s reservation services will be offline. This includes Air Canada Contact Centres, aircanada.com, aircanada.com/agents and GDS links. This period is expected to last approximately 12 hours beginning sometime between 1800ET and 2000ET (2300-0100Z). Air Canada flights will continue to operate as scheduled and airport services, including online and kiosk check-in for our customers will remain available, however, the ability to create and ticket new reservations and service existing reservations and tickets will be suspended.

The following functions will also be inhibited during this period:
Interactive sell with the GDS. You may continue to request flights in your GDS based on AVS availability, however an Air Canada record locator will not be returned until after the links are reactivated with Altéa during the morning of November 19th. Flight requests made during the offline period will not be guaranteed until you receive a new Air Canada record locator.
Seat maps and advance seat selection will not be available.
E-ticketing functions will be offline. It will not be possible to display, issue, exchange, or refund an e-ticket or EMD-A during this time.
Flight Information will not be available through the GDS but will remain available on aircanada.com and aircanada.com/agents.
Preparing for Cutover Night

There are several things you can do to help us ensure a smooth cutover to Altéa.
Please action any PNRs with a schedule change that requires ticket reissuance to ensure that e-tickets remain associated to migrated PNRs in Altéa.
Ensure that all infants are e-ticketed, even for domestic travel.
Issue e-tickets and make upgrade requests as early as possible to avoid any inconvenience during the cutover period.
Complete group deposits or final payments as early as possible.
Issue EMD-A’s to complete seat fee payment as early as possible.
Make special requests for meals, bassinets, or queue PNRs for rate quotes no later than November 16th.
After Cutover

Once all PNRs have been migrated from RESIII to Altéa and the cutover is complete, we will be operating our Reservations, Inventory and Ticketing live in Altéa. The following activities will then take place:
A new record locator message for each of your PNRs will be generated to your GDS from Altéa.
If your GDS is Amadeus or if the PNR already contained a flight segment on another Altéa-hosted carrier, the existing Altéa locator will be used.
If your GDS is not Amadeus and the PNR contained only Air Canada flight segments, then a new Altéa locator will be generated.
Depending on your GDS, PNRs with the updated locator may appear in your confirmation queue, however, no action will be required and it will not be necessary for you to inform travellers of the new Altéa locator.
For direct bookings made with Air Canada including aircanada.com/agents and AC2U-powered providers, the new Altéa record locator will not be sent. Once you have displayed a booking using the original Air Canada locator, please take note of the new record locator.
Customers may check-in using either the GDS locator or the new Altéa locator. For direct bookings made with Air Canada including aircanada.com/agents and AC2U powered providers, customers may check-in using either the original Air Canada locator or the new Altéa locator.
Should you have any questions, please contact your Air Canada account manager. We thank you for your support during this transformation.
/quote]

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: November 03, 2019, 02:58:00 PM »