27 (30.3%)
Galileo
2 (2.2%)
WorldSpan
1 (1.1%)
Internet Based System
11 (12.4%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Author Topic: GDS Users AMADEUS, SABRE, GALILEO, WORLDSPAN  (Read 331414 times)

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
Re: GDS Users AMADEUS, SABRE, GALILEO, WORLDSPAN
« Reply #1120 on: January 09, 2018, 06:02:15 PM »
Anyone tried out the new Sabre?

No one?

Offline rcarentals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz 1# Plat, Sabre, Travel Agent
« Reply #1121 on: January 09, 2018, 10:09:23 PM »
No one?
New sabre... i've lost belief in the big dogs. They don't learn new tricks.
Sabre spammed me with emails about the new Sabre Training - you know what it was - a couple changes to their graphics and fonts.
The new sabre is sure to be the crapiest of systems you will ever try.

I want to build a full travel system from scratch. fully integrated smart system. Not 100% sure how to either get around the main GDS or through them smartly - but it can and needs to be done.
Do not boast for tomorrow, Because you do not know what the day will bear.(Mishlei C27.V1)

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 09, 2018, 10:28:04 PM »
I want to build a full travel system from scratch. fully integrated smart system. Not 100% sure how to either get around the main GDS or through them smartly - but it can and needs to be done.

yup, next in line please

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 09, 2018, 10:30:31 PM »
The new sabre is sure to be the crapiest of systems you will ever try.

The new Sabre is not that bad - from my point of view. The new Amadeus is much worse
You do lose the legacy view of Sabre but its still works fast and the graphics shows good. You taka can not scroll up and down and C/P lets say into a notepad so easily - and like legacy 1A moving between tabs displays all on one scroll 

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 24, 2018, 09:52:05 AM »
Anyone here ever deal with and INFT not confirming on AZ (or any other airline)? AZ has a max of how many INFT's they allow on board each flight. It only really turns out to be an issue during very high season. I had a family booked on AZ for Pesach TLV - JFK, and they just gave birth to another child BH. I Added the baby and got UC for the last segment FCO - TLV. I called and they aren't ready to do ANYTHING for me. NO approving the INFT. NO free change. NO free refund. When I asked what they expect me to do (I spoke as passenger), he said "you can leave the baby behind"...
Any here have experience? Any suggestions? Any chance a DOT complaint can help? Can they force AZ to re-book on a different flight?

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: January 24, 2018, 10:01:23 AM »
Anyone here ever deal with and INFT not confirming on AZ (or any other airline)? AZ has a max of how many INFT's they allow on board each flight. It only really turns out to be an issue during very high season. I had a family booked on AZ for Pesach TLV - JFK, and they just gave birth to another child BH. I Added the baby and got UC for the last segment FCO - TLV. I called and they aren't ready to do ANYTHING for me. NO approving the INFT. NO free change. NO free refund. When I asked what they expect me to do (I spoke as passenger), he said "you can leave the baby behind"...
Any here have experience? Any suggestions? Any chance a DOT complaint can help? Can they force AZ to re-book on a different flight?
It was mentioned in a different thread that you have to call the Italian call center.

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 24, 2018, 10:01:39 AM »
try this maybe
Anytime anyone needs to deal with AZ do not call the US call center. Go straight to the Italian reservation center.
They opened up 2 seats in J (when it was very tightly sealed for miles bookings) in order to allow my infant to fly with us.

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 24, 2018, 10:07:37 AM »
It was mentioned in a different thread that you have to call the Italian call center.
try this maybe
It was the Italian CS

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 24, 2018, 10:07:52 AM »

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 24, 2018, 10:12:02 AM »
Google, please stop reading everything on my screen  >:(

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 24, 2018, 10:15:29 AM »
HUCA?
My first fight was 20 minutes. I need to get some energy before calling back. Does it need to be during business hours?
Also, what number do I press? (last time I did 1, but it's in Italian so I have no clue what department I was talking to)

Offline YED

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 25, 2018, 11:08:17 AM »
Did the whole segment get a UC status or only the ssr for the inft?

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 25, 2018, 11:10:18 AM »
Only SSR. There is no special segment for INFs

Offline yids

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 25, 2018, 11:13:32 AM »
@chaikel advised not to put a client who was going through a similar situation on a high season flight with an unborn inft, said there isn’t much to do about getting it confirmed
Registered Travel Agent - SK Assist

Offline YED

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 25, 2018, 10:43:09 PM »
Thank's to your post I realized I had a similar issue with 2 separate booking on AZ, at first I thought I might have lucked out because I had all tickets issued on DL stock (it was a mixed itinerary of AF & AZ) So I thought I would be able to get this solved quicker, But after being over an hour on the line with several rep's seems like they have no clue what I am talking about, all they know is that the Inft's are ticketed and good to go, they know nothing about caps for the amount of infants on a single flight.. although I already confirmed with AZ that the inf will not be allowed on the flight (even though the inf tkt was already issued) DL just doesn't know about any ssr requirement etc.
Any advise, any contact info for DL department with agents that have some (basic) knowledge..?

Offline rcarentals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz 1# Plat, Sabre, Travel Agent
« Reply #1135 on: January 26, 2018, 01:47:18 AM »
Thank's to your post I realized I had a similar issue with 2 separate booking on AZ, at first I thought I might have lucked out because I had all tickets issued on DL stock (it was a mixed itinerary of AF & AZ) So I thought I would be able to get this solved quicker, But after being over an hour on the line with several rep's seems like they have no clue what I am talking about, all they know is that the Inft's are ticketed and good to go, they know nothing about caps for the amount of infants on a single flight.. although I already confirmed with AZ that the inf will not be allowed on the flight (even though the inf tkt was already issued) DL just doesn't know about any ssr requirement etc.
Any advise, any contact info for DL department with agents that have some (basic) knowledge..?

Do you guys not have reps you can speak to who will just sort this stuff out?
Do not boast for tomorrow, Because you do not know what the day will bear.(Mishlei C27.V1)

Offline yandmk

• View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 27, 2018, 05:26:59 PM »
I had a while back a cleint in this situation and was traveling from the US via Canada to TLV, and they call me from the airport that they are not a US citizen and therefore require a ETA for Transit and till they got it done it was too late and the airline doesn't want to wait. I had to plead with check in agent over the phone (a miracle the agent even wanted to talk with someone) and he said it's my issue etc - I begged him and explained and as they had no luggage he agreed and they got a supervisor to speed them thru security. The flight left pretty much on time nonetheless.
Once this topic was brought up (in another thread)...
I recently had an Israeli passenger who was denied boarding because she didn't have a Canadian visa. She would've made one on the spot if not that the website (of the CA government) was down for maintenance just then. She needed to refund her ticket and purchase an alternate ticket with another airline. Contacted AC 3 times to try to get a waiver, but they denied. Passenger claims she had no idea about the visa requirement, because the last time she flew (2 years ago), visas were not required to enter (or fly through) Canada.
Question: Is it (officially) the TAs responsibility to notify clients every time they book a ticket of any visa requirements, or is it the passengers responsibility and if a passenger calls to book a ticket the TA can assume that the passenger has everything necessary to fly to the destination?

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 28, 2018, 01:22:33 AM »
Do you guys not have reps you can speak to who will just sort this stuff out?
Was thinking the same. @yandmk where do you issue your tkts?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 28, 2018, 01:23:50 AM »
I issued lately such a ticket, you think they will be denied boarding?

Offline yids

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 28, 2018, 01:25:03 AM »
Just have in your terms and conditions that you aren’t responsible for visa & passport issues, that would relieve your responsibility that may have been assumed
Registered Travel Agent - SK Assist