27 (30.3%)
Galileo
2 (2.2%)
WorldSpan
1 (1.1%)
Internet Based System
11 (12.4%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Author Topic: GDS Users AMADEUS, SABRE, GALILEO, WORLDSPAN  (Read 331478 times)

Offline chff

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 25
    • View Profile
  • Programs: All of them...
Re: GDS Users AMADEUS, SABRE, GALILEO, WORLDSPAN
« Reply #1280 on: August 15, 2019, 11:50:49 AM »
Mazel tov  ::)
Do you know the rate code by chance? (even if you don't use Galileo I'd appreciate it as sometimes they're the same across systems)

Galileo is what TravelPort markets in Israel.

per BW
Since this is a member rate plan it does need to be booked via Bestwestern.com or via our call center. We don’t offer these plans to the GDS’s.

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #1281 on: August 16, 2019, 05:33:23 AM »
per BW

Thank you very much! Can you link to the source?  I did scan their TA resources and did not notice that.

BTW, YR1 and YR9 is IHG Your Rate (one is flex, one is non-refundable, I forgot which is which).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:40:42 AM by moe8555 »

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 16, 2019, 10:15:43 AM »
Thank you very much! Can you link to the source?  I did scan their TA resources and did not notice that.

I emailed them

Hyatt > H4Y
Hilton > H81

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #1283 on: August 16, 2019, 11:23:27 AM »
I emailed them

Hyatt > H4Y
Hilton > H81

Thank you, and interesting what they said, since I did manage to bring up their flexible member rate in the GDS, but my client wanted the non-refundable member rate, which I could not find

Offline jose34

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: September 09, 2019, 05:47:59 PM »
Random: If a lot of flights hold till end of the next biz day, how come Monday night we do not see an influx of tickets, should 'nt that be the time when all the prices go down since when availability goes up prices come down?

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: September 10, 2019, 03:32:27 AM »
I have a customer flying TLV-MUC-JFK on LH and returning EWR-IAD-TLV on UA on UA stock that changed their last name and the US visa is under the new name. I spoke to LH and they agreed to change but UA refuses to touch the ticket due to the fact that it has OAL, instead UA wants to put an SSR to the checkin agents about the name change. Will LH let that or will they make issues that the name on the visa doesn't match the name on the ticket?

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: September 10, 2019, 07:29:30 AM »
I have a customer flying TLV-MUC-JFK on LH and returning EWR-IAD-TLV on UA on UA stock that changed their last name and the US visa is under the new name. I spoke to LH and they agreed to change but UA refuses to touch the ticket due to the fact that it has OAL, instead UA wants to put an SSR to the checkin agents about the name change. Will LH let that or will they make issues that the name on the visa doesn't match the name on the ticket?
Airlines don't change names if the PNR/Ticket involves a different carrier.

I would assume Passenger has both a new and old passport and if they can travel with both they should be good

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: September 10, 2019, 08:03:36 AM »
Airlines don't change names if the PNR/Ticket involves a different carrier.

I would assume Passenger has both a new and old passport and if they can travel with both they should be good
i was worried that Lufthansa would make issues that the visa name and ticket name don’t match( I have a client who ua made them issues in a similar situation)  so what I ended doing is that I opened up a new PNR and put in T class for LH segments and LH changed it to K and had United allow me a no penalty refund and issued a new ticket for $40 cheaper so I ended up making money off the debacle  :)

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: October 31, 2019, 05:00:40 PM »
FLASH USA - October 28, 2019
Planning Ahead for Air Canada’s System Upgrade to Amadeus Altéa

Since our last update, we have slightly adjusted our schedule to make November 19, 2019, the revised date for when we will turn on the new Reservations, Inventory and Ticketing (RIT) component in the Amadeus Altéa Suite.

Having two extra weeks to prepare has allowed us to extend our testing schedule while completing our technical and deployment readiness activities. Our new system will therefore be available to you (and us) on the morning of November 19, 2019 (Eastern Time). Our upgrade to Altéa will result in faster and more convenient transactions at all points of contact.

During the actual cutover from RESIII to Altéa overnight from November 18-19, there will be a period when all of Air Canada’s reservation services will be offline. This includes Air Canada Contact Centres, aircanada.com, aircanada.com/agents and GDS links. This period is expected to last approximately 12 hours beginning sometime between 1800ET and 2000ET (2300-0100Z). Air Canada flights will continue to operate as scheduled and airport services, including online and kiosk check-in for our customers will remain available, however, the ability to create and ticket new reservations and service existing reservations and tickets will be suspended.

The following functions will also be inhibited during this period:
Interactive sell with the GDS. You may continue to request flights in your GDS based on AVS availability, however an Air Canada record locator will not be returned until after the links are reactivated with Altéa during the morning of November 19th. Flight requests made during the offline period will not be guaranteed until you receive a new Air Canada record locator.
Seat maps and advance seat selection will not be available.
E-ticketing functions will be offline. It will not be possible to display, issue, exchange, or refund an e-ticket or EMD-A during this time.
Flight Information will not be available through the GDS but will remain available on aircanada.com and aircanada.com/agents.
Preparing for Cutover Night

There are several things you can do to help us ensure a smooth cutover to Altéa.
Please action any PNRs with a schedule change that requires ticket reissuance to ensure that e-tickets remain associated to migrated PNRs in Altéa.
Ensure that all infants are e-ticketed, even for domestic travel.
Issue e-tickets and make upgrade requests as early as possible to avoid any inconvenience during the cutover period.
Complete group deposits or final payments as early as possible.
Issue EMD-A’s to complete seat fee payment as early as possible.
Make special requests for meals, bassinets, or queue PNRs for rate quotes no later than November 16th.
After Cutover

Once all PNRs have been migrated from RESIII to Altéa and the cutover is complete, we will be operating our Reservations, Inventory and Ticketing live in Altéa. The following activities will then take place:
A new record locator message for each of your PNRs will be generated to your GDS from Altéa.
If your GDS is Amadeus or if the PNR already contained a flight segment on another Altéa-hosted carrier, the existing Altéa locator will be used.
If your GDS is not Amadeus and the PNR contained only Air Canada flight segments, then a new Altéa locator will be generated.
Depending on your GDS, PNRs with the updated locator may appear in your confirmation queue, however, no action will be required and it will not be necessary for you to inform travellers of the new Altéa locator.
For direct bookings made with Air Canada including aircanada.com/agents and AC2U-powered providers, the new Altéa record locator will not be sent. Once you have displayed a booking using the original Air Canada locator, please take note of the new record locator.
Customers may check-in using either the GDS locator or the new Altéa locator. For direct bookings made with Air Canada including aircanada.com/agents and AC2U powered providers, customers may check-in using either the original Air Canada locator or the new Altéa locator.
Should you have any questions, please contact your Air Canada account manager. We thank you for your support during this transformation.
/quote]

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: November 03, 2019, 02:58:00 PM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1290 on: November 04, 2019, 04:03:52 PM »
So UA could have been on Amadues vs Shares - CC @Dan

https://www.phocuswire.com/United-Airlines-and-Amadeus-dissolve-Alta-contract-with-75M-payment
The old UA.com was terrible. They kept everything that CO had for IT.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline chff

• View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 14, 2019, 08:34:48 PM »
Air Canada’s Migration to Amadeus Altéa
We are migrating to Amadeus Altéa Suite passenger service system (PSS) beginning November 18th at 20:00 EST until approximately November 19th at 12:00 EST. While this is being done to serve you better in the future, we do anticipate some impact to our reservation service, and apologize for any inconvenience.

Air Canada flights will continue to operate as scheduled and airport services, including online, mobile and kiosk check-in for our customers, as well as Flight Status, will remain available.

If your customers are booking or travelling during this period, please be advised that the following will be unavailable until mid-day November 19th:

Creating new bookings or altering existing bookings on aircanada.com, aircanada.com/agents, our Contact Centre and GDS. (You may continue to request flights in your GDS based on AVS availability, however an Air Canada record locator will not be returned until after the links are reactivated. Flight requests made during the offline period will not be guaranteed until you receive a new Air Canada record locator).
Advanced Seat Selection and eUpgrade functions – During the migration period from Nov 18-19, customers will not be able to request eUpgrades at the airport. Over the next few months while we update our airport systems, customers will not be able to request upgrades at the airport, and upgrades which were not cleared prior to check-in will not be processed at the gate, even if a Business, Premium Economy or Premium Rouge seat is available.
E-ticketing functions – it will not be possible to display, issue, exchange, or refund an e-ticket or EMD-A while we are offline.
For additional information, please see our Q&A and a list of relevant FLASH newsletters below. If you are unable to find the answer you’re looking for, please contact your sales manager or Sales Support. We will be happy to assist you.

Your patience and understanding during this process is greatly appreciated.

How can travel agencies prepare for cutover?
There are several things you can do to help us ensure a smooth cutover to Amadeus Altéa.

Action any PNRs with a schedule change that requires ticket re-issuance to ensure that e-tickets remain associated to migrated PNRs in Altéa. 
Schedule changes that require a ticket re-issue include:
Flight number change
Routing/airport change
Time change of more than 1 hour
Change in booking class
Ensure that all infants are e-ticketed, including domestic travel.
Issue separate infant tickets for all new bookings and for previously ticketed PNR’s with any valid flight segment. 
Air Canada has filed $0 fares for Domestic travel and the GDS have been validated to ensure fare quote and ticket issuance works correctly for all itineraries.

Complete the following as early as possible:
Issue e-tickets and make upgrade requests Complete group deposits or final payments.
Issue EMD-A’s to complete seat fee payment.
Request special meals, bassinets, or queue PNRs for rate quotes Ensure children under the age of 14 are identified with an OSI field.

What can travel agencies expect after cutover?
On November 19, once we are operating Reservations, Inventory and Ticketing in Amadeus Altéa: 

A new record locator message for each of your PNRs will be generated to your GDS from Altéa. 
If your GDS is Amadeus or if the PNR already contained a flight segment on another Altéa-hosted carrier, the existing Amadeus Altéa locator will be used.
If your GDS is not Amadeus and the PNR contained only Air Canada flight segments, then a new Amadeus Altéa locator will be generated.
Depending on your GDS, PNRs with the updated locator may appear in your confirmation queue, however, no action will be required and it will not be necessary for you to inform travellers of the new Amadeus Altéa locator.
For direct bookings made with Air Canada including aircanada.com/agentsExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines. and AC2U-powered providers, the new Amadeus Altéa record locator will not be sent. Once you have displayed a booking using the original Air Canada locator, please take note of the new record locator.
Customers may check-in using either the GDS locator or the new Amadeus Altéa locator. For direct bookings made with Air Canada including aircanada.com/agentsExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines. and AC2U powered providers, customers may check-in using either the original Air Canada locator or the new Amadeus Altéa locator.

I made a reservation for my customer to travel after November 18th. How can I be sure my reservation won’t be lost in the transfer?
Confirmed reservations remain valid they have been registered and will be honoured as they were booked.
I need to change my customers booking now, what do I do?
If your customer is travelling during the cutover period, our agents at the airport will be able to assist them with any day-of travel modifications to their booking. If your customers are travelling at any other time, before or after this period, you will be able to book or modify an existing booking as normal.
Why am I not able to do advanced seat selection?
This function will be temporary unavailable 36 hours before the start of the migration process, as we transfer data from our old system to our new system. If your customer’s flight is departing during the migration period, their seats will be assigned to them at check-in.
During the cutover to Amadeus Altéa, Altitude members will continue to enjoy the Preferred Seat benefit. However, you will not be able to extend the discount and/or fee waiver for Travel Companions for the same booking.
Why am I not able to utilize eUpgrade functions?
Unfortunately, as part of the process of transferring data to Altéa, it is essential that we temporarily suspend eUpgrade functions on aircanada.com, aircanada.com/agents, our Contact Centre and GDS . We understand the value your customers place in our eUpgrade functions and anticipate having them restored on November 19th.

Additionally, until our full transformation to Amadeus Altéa is complete in the coming months, your customers will not be able to request upgrades at the airport, and upgrades which were not cleared prior to check-in will not be processed at the gate, even if a Business, Premium Economy or Premium Rouge seat is available. In light of this, rest assured that we will work diligently to confirm more upgrades ahead of check-in.

If your customers are entitled to eUpgrade nominees and want to enjoy this privilege during the migration period, we advise you to add them by November 13th to avoid any issues.

Why can’t my customer request a Same Day Change (SDC) for my flight when checking-in online or at the airport kiosk?
Until our full transformation to Amadeus Altéa is complete in the coming months, your customers will not have the option to make same day changes on self-service channels and will need to see an airport agent to request the change. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.
Which PNR locator should be used at check-in for bookings made prior to November 19?
For GDS created bookings, travellers can check-in with the GDS locator, new Altéa locator, or other forms of ID such as FQTV number or Passport.
For direct bookings made with Air Canada including aircanada.com/agents and AC2U-powered providers, customers can check-in with the original RESIII locator or new Altéa locator, or other forms of ID such as FQTV number or Passport.
I purchased a Comfort fare. How do I get my complimentary beverage onboard?
Simply show your boarding pass to our crew and they will be happy to provide you with a beverage.

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #1292 on: December 13, 2019, 01:05:28 AM »
anyone else hating on the sabre update?

Offline yuds70

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: December 13, 2019, 01:38:57 AM »
anyone else hating on the sabre update?
Honestly it's been great, as long as you can utilize the extra handicaps to your advantage,  it makes life easier
Make stuff happen.

Online tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #1294 on: January 14, 2020, 10:33:43 AM »
Would anyone with Sabre be kind enough to post the J seat map for flight IB6024 on 01/21?

I've tried through expertflyer etc but didn't work.

Thanks

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #1295 on: January 14, 2020, 11:18:38 AM »
Would anyone with Sabre be kind enough to post the J seat map for flight IB6024 on 01/21?

I've tried through expertflyer etc but didn't work.

Thanks

Offline icapd1

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 14, 2020, 11:19:35 AM »

01J4«                                                           
 1 IB6024J   21JAN T GIGMAD SS1   805P 1010A 22JAN W /DCIB /E. 
4G1*/O«                                                         
   AUTH- 19   332                                               
   0 - GIG  1 - MAD                                             
   NO SMOKING FLIGHT                                           

A   C       D   E   G   H       J   L                     
   1      *           *   *           *        1               
   2  .           *           *           .    2               
   3      .           .   .           .        3               
   4  .           *           *           .    4               
   5      * B         *   .                    5               

Online tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #1297 on: January 14, 2020, 11:21:40 AM »

01J4«                                                           
 1 IB6024J   21JAN T GIGMAD SS1   805P 1010A 22JAN W /DCIB /E. 
4G1*/O«                                                         
   AUTH- 19   332                                               
   0 - GIG  1 - MAD                                             
   NO SMOKING FLIGHT                                           

1      *           *   *           *        1               
   2  .           *           *           .    2               
   3      .           .   .           .        3               
   4  .           *           *           .    4               
   5      * B         *   .                    5               

Thanks much

Offline ramkyk

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 16, 2020, 07:40:17 PM »
My client wants to book an economy ticket on Air France from Washington to India via Paris, but would like the option to upgrade at the airport if he needs it at the last moment. Would anyone know what is the minimum economy RBD that I have to book for airfrance for it to be upgrade-able. The cheapest availability is on V class. Will they be able to upgrade if I book them on V class? upgrade will be done using cash/credit card and not miles.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:27:28 PM by ramkyk »

Offline Elikip

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: February 16, 2020, 01:21:52 AM »
Considering canceling a group im holding with UA for TLV Lag Baomer dates.

Group of 20

Majority of travelers (14 I believe)
UA   90 06MAY WE EWRTLV HK15 10:45P 4:20P
UA 91 17MAY SU TLVEWR HK15 11:25P 4:25A

The rest (remaining 6 if i recall accurately) are scheduled on: 

UA   90 06MAY WE EWRTLV HK6 10:45P 4:20P
   UA   91 13MAY WE TLVEWR HK6 11:25P 4:25A

Fare around $1464 pp.

Any interest before I drop?