Author Topic: Comcast Promotions  (Read 1767 times)

Offline minkr

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Comcast Promotions
« on: March 04, 2013, 12:00:35 AM »
I did search the forums, but did not find an applicable existing thread, so I'm starting a new one.

I am most likely switching over my home phone and internet services to comcast, since they are the only provider of internet in my area - baltimore, MD (aside from verizon, which I can only get 768 kb/sec in my area)

Comcast has introductory promo offers that last for 6 mos to a year, and then officially the price goes up to regular price, but I have been told by numerous representatives that you can call when the promotion expires and they can see what they're offering then. The regular prices are not great, and may be even more than I'm paying now. Plus, I need to change my home phone numbers because mine can't be ported. I only want to go through this if I know I can probably keep a great price even after the first 12 months.

What have been your experiences with trying to get their promos after your introductory promo runs out?  Thanks!!

Offline smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: Comcast Promotions
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 12:25:55 AM »
Best bet is port  your number to Google voice, get the obi, and get internet only from Comcast.

Offline minkr

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 12:37:49 AM »
Best bet is port  your number to Google voice, get the obi, and get internet only from Comcast.
what's obi?
and google voice won't really work for us because we have 2 lines, and we want rollover between the 2 and many other options that I don't think google voice has... and internet alone from comcast is really expensive. They're package deals is how you really save.

but thanks for the input! I definitely will look more into that.

but again, I'm looking for ppl who have any experience with comcast promotions after the original promo runs out...

Offline freezer

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 09:23:51 AM »
We had a second 6-month promotional price reinstated on our account after the first one expired.

Only thing is, we changed address right at the six month mark as the first promo was running out. I don't know if this affected the decision to extend the promo price. We did NOT change accounts (cancel/restart) but rather it was for a transfer of an existing account.

Offline minkr

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 10:51:18 AM »
We had a second 6-month promotional price reinstated on our account after the first one expired.

Only thing is, we changed address right at the six month mark as the first promo was running out. I don't know if this affected the decision to extend the promo price. We did NOT change accounts (cancel/restart) but rather it was for a transfer of an existing account.
thanks for your reply! was the second 6-month promotion the same as your first, or more expensive?
in other words, did they give you the new-customer promotion they were offering at the time, or an existing-customer promotion?

and what happened after 12 months? (or are you still only up to months 6 - 12)

Offline bb1836

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 154
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 04:42:46 PM »
anybody have experience with comcast solely as an internet provider? no TV or phone. looking to change providers from what i currently have. ppl tell me that they got comcast for $48/month and that includes 25 MBps download (not sure about upload) and they have no contract!!! care to comment?!?
As @davidmal says: "Likes" feed the family