Author Topic: Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks  (Read 82579 times)

Offline The Thinker

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks
« Reply #360 on: June 23, 2022, 12:18:54 AM »
I plan on going to Grand Teton and Yellowstone in August and am thinking of staying in the area for shabbos. Anyone go to any of the Chabads there that can assist? Looking for general info regarding, visitor friendly, kashrus, minyan on shabbos, places to stay...

Offline Traveler718

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 23, 2022, 09:56:34 AM »
Only one game in town: Chabad of Jackson Hole. Rabbi Mendelsohn is extremely warm and visitor friendly and will definitely have a Shabbos minyan in August, possibly even weekday if there are enough tourists. But lodging in town is VERY expensive, so book ASAP.

Also know that Yellowstone is currently closed due to flooding, and even though parts of it will almost definitely be reopened by then, the northern part probably won't be, which will mean even more crazy traffic and possibly even timed entry to keep crowds under control.

Online yos9694

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 23, 2022, 01:51:49 PM »
Only one game in town: Chabad of Jackson Hole. Rabbi Mendelsohn is extremely warm and visitor friendly and will definitely have a Shabbos minyan in August, possibly even weekday if there are enough tourists. But lodging in town is VERY expensive, so book ASAP.

Also know that Yellowstone is currently closed due to flooding, and even though parts of it will almost definitely be reopened by then, the northern part probably won't be, which will mean even more crazy traffic and possibly even timed entry to keep crowds under control.

A shame about the crowding that will cause. The north part of the park is great for distracting tourists away from the best parts of the park

Online yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 23, 2022, 01:53:50 PM »
They will be doing alps. Alternating license plate system

Offline The Thinker

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 23, 2022, 10:43:36 PM »
Thank you! I'm keeping an eye on the plan for Yellowstone to reopen. Seems like a large possiblity the northern loop will open in a few weeks. Also a way to avoid ALPS is to stay in the park (yeh I know it's hard to find an open room  :) ).

Online yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 23, 2022, 11:15:37 PM »
Thank you! I'm keeping an eye on the plan for Yellowstone to reopen. Seems like a large possiblity the northern loop will open in a few weeks. Also a way to avoid ALPS is to stay in the park (yeh I know it's hard to find an open room  :) ).
Right I forgot to mention if you have hotel or campground reservations you aren't subject to Alps