Author Topic: St. Moritz Warning  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Mutty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
St. Moritz Warning
« on: March 08, 2013, 10:30:16 AM »
From The Lakewood Scoop. Be advised I have taken in children that touched this stuff, put in their mouth, etc., and it's incredible how it progresses into something very life threatening. A number of years ago I met the Rav that puts out a kosher for pesach book and told him that it's not an issue whether or not it's kosher for pesach, it's assur to use because of pikuach nefesh. He said he didn't know. Then he went and put it into subsequesnt books.

With Pesach Cleaning in Full Swing, Hatzolah Reminds Parents the Dangers of St. Moritz Spray
Mar 07 2013 12:13 pm
With Pesach cleaning in high gear and after several incidents last year, Hatzolah is reminding parents the dangers of the powerful St. Moritz chemical spray.
The chemical, which appears to be just another cleaning agent available in groceries, was removed from at least two Lakewood groceries last year after children suffered serious – and possibly permanent – injures to their face.

Parents of one child last year requested the graphic picture of their burned child be made public to serve as a reminder to parents to use extreme caution with the chemical.

Even a slight amount of the chemical coming in contact with skin or eyes, can cause irreversible damage.

Alternative - and less-lethal - chemicals are available. TLS.

“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline henche

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: St. Moritz Warning
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 10:37:45 AM »
I'd rather eat matza and drink water all pesach than bring that stuff into my house.

Offline mclovin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 02:14:49 PM »
I'd rather eat matza and drink water all pesach than bring that stuff into my house.
luckily you can do both

Offline Yeki89

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 02:48:11 PM »
I spoke wwith my mother she said this stuff works the best! I spoke with a Hatzolah member he said its an extremly powerful cleaner, do not bring it into your house. The burns are so bad!

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 03:35:32 PM »
My mother had to be rushed in hospital with an ambulance after her eyes came in contact with this thing, but she still use it.

Just like you have to watch on Tylenol not be reachable by children.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 05:12:22 PM »
Tylenol? If tylenol was this dangerous, I wouldn't allow it into my house either. I'd rather have a headache.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 09:14:55 AM »
Reminds me of the people banning iPhones. Buy it, use it safely and carefully when the kids aren't around and throw it out.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 03:31:19 PM »
Reminds me of the people banning iPhones. Buy it, use it safely and carefully when the kids aren't around and throw it out.
it's probably more similar to people bringing guns into their house.   buy it and use it safely when the kids arent around is all find and dandy until the kids go into the wrong place and find it...            guns at least people have an excuse for and usually keep locked up, but a house cleaner?  eh       

Offline SK

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 12:03:28 AM »

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 12:03:49 PM »
I had a women who used it with gloves on and her hand started swelling up. She left it till the morning and then called me out of shul. We had to rush her to the hospital it was so bad. PLEASE don't compare this with Tylenol. Yes, a lot of Tylenol can be bad, but a little of this is devastating. Even a child that takes too many Tylenol can at least have their stomach pumped. You can't do that with St. Moritz.
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”