Topic Wiki

There are no issues with:

• Having Jewish items
  • Looking Jewish
  • Bringing in food or alcohol
  • Having Israeli stamps in your passport.

List of TR's:
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/trip-notes/maldives-trip-notes-part-2-dubai-and-abu-dhabi/
Sam28 TR
UAE- Abu Dhabi and Dubai TR with lots of links for attractions and food etc (maybe s/o would copy+paste from there to here)

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:
for up to date and more info see https://chabad.ae/kosher/

TLV Restaurant - Location in the H hotel  - For reservations: Call: +97142435711  / WhatsApp: +971522209155
The Kosher Place - Location Jumeriah Creekside Hotel - For reservations, please WhatsApp +972559453118
Mul hayam
Armani Kaf - Location Armani Hotel - Reservation online or email Restaurant.Reservations@armanihotels.com (sometimes it wont show available online but over email they'll confirm)
King David Kitchen kingdavidkitchen.com
Kosher coffee Bibi

Synagogue:
PM Dan for contact info.

Things to Do:

Sites to find deals:
  Groupon.ae
  Greatdeals.ae
  getyourguide.com
  klook.com
  tiqets.com

- Miracle Garden (need 1-2 hours) - https://www.dubaimiraclegarden.com/
 - Global Village  (Need 3-4 hours - opens at 4pm ) - https://www.globalvillage.ae/en/home-page
 - Xline - zip thru the marina (need max 1 hour from checkin till land back) - Book online in advance to secure a spot - http://xline.xdubai.com/
 - Desert Adventure - (need 6 hours - from 3pm -9pm) - Includes Quad Biking, Dune Bashing, Camel rides, BBQ dinner in a camp site while watching Cultural shows  - https://www.desertadventures.com/  - There is a Kosher catered tour that is highly recommended , every tuesday , Whatsapp +972 58-551-1911 for reservations , full Kosher BBQ and "kosher" cultural shows
- 3 Main Malls - Mall in Marina (Basic) , Mall of Emirates (huge mall - Has indoor ski) , Mall of Dubai (downtown -even bigger mall has aquarium inside and is a very high end shopping mall)
 - Gold / Perfume / Spice Souk - Marketplace in Deira area (need half a day minimum for this)
 - Burj Khalifa - View points from above - Buy tickets online in advance for best price - https://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/index.aspx  - best to go in evening time before sunset  - Theres also a VIP option to skip the lines
 - Dubai Sky Dive
 - Helicopter ride - recommended is the 22 min flight option
 - Hot Air balloon - https://www.ballooning.ae/ - check the deal sites sometimes have a buy 2 get 1  - Early AM in the desert
 - Dubai Creek Boat ride ( need 2.5hrs - Board 8pm - duration 830pm to 1030pm)
- Dubai Gold frame 
- night boat ride along the intercostal
 - Fountain Show on the boardwalk downtown - from 6pm every 30 min (buy a ticket online/walkup to be closer to water but you can still see it without that or if you are eating at Armani Kaf, you can see from the terrace
- Yacht + jet ski rentals
- Dubai Aquarium / underwater zoo
- Yellow Boat (inflatable motor boat) Sightseeing Cruise
- The view at the palm - theviewpalm.ae
- Legoland
- Inside burj al arab insideburjalarab.com

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

« Last edited by hakohen on August 20, 2023, 04:53:22 AM »

Author Topic: Dubai Master Thread  (Read 287064 times)

Offline Suave

• DansDeals Developer
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
    • SWIZU Web Development
  • Programs: Photoshop
Re: Dubai Master Thread
« Reply #680 on: May 25, 2017, 01:09:17 AM »
Darn retrospectoscope went missing again.

But truthfully:
-I enjoyed driving.
-Especially bc it was a QX80 for $25/day.
-There is no Uber in AUH
-My Uber credits don't work outside the US
-There was free parknig everywhere in AUH/DXB
-I'm not sure Ubers+Taxis would have actually been cheaper, even accounting for the ticket and gas.

BTW, I got a Maybach when I ordered an uber from the quaye to DXB
DDMS Built with ♥ by SWIZU

Offline SrulyP

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Emerald EE; Hertz five star; Avis Five Star
« Reply #681 on: June 17, 2017, 11:18:10 PM »
what's the maximum amount of time that a couple can spend in Dubai checking out the sites?

And if it is less than four days any destinations around Dubai that they should check out (somewhere pretty close or on the way back to JFK.)

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 17, 2017, 11:45:27 PM »
what's the maximum amount of time that a couple can spend in Dubai checking out the sites?

And if it is less than four days any destinations around Dubai that they should check out (somewhere pretty close or on the way back to JFK.)

Grand mosque in AUH is an hour outside of Dubai.

Offline SrulyP

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Emerald EE; Hertz five star; Avis Five Star
« Reply #683 on: June 18, 2017, 06:58:25 PM »
What's the best way to book J on EK from IAD/JFK - DXB? I have 200k UR...

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #684 on: June 18, 2017, 07:33:07 PM »
What's the best way to book J on EK from IAD/JFK - DXB? I have 200k UR...
cant

Offline dvol

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 20, 2017, 02:47:17 PM »
I've read through all 46 pages of this thread today.

I'm booked JNB-DXB-JFK in EK F in August. layover is 8:30AM until 2:50am, so about 18 hours. My husband is insisting on taking a hotel in Dubai to have a place to "base ourselves" and shower, nap if necessary, etc.
My question is, if we want to obviously do some exploring and cover some attractions, am I best off getting a hotel near the Dubai Mall? So we can end our day shopping and then head from there to the airport? Or is there a different area I'm better off with?

Any recommendations for hotels near the mall? Nothing fancy as we won't be spending the night there.

ETA: I already spoke to Emirates about their "Dubai Connect" service, but unfortunately one of the 3 criteria is that there be shorter layovers available to the customer at the time of booking, which of course there was, and still is.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #686 on: June 20, 2017, 02:55:43 PM »
Shower/nap in the lounge...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline dvol

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 20, 2017, 02:58:46 PM »

That's my stance. It didn't go over very well

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #688 on: June 28, 2017, 12:57:36 AM »
Yup. That's what we did.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline dvol

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 02, 2017, 11:37:12 AM »
Any thoughts on this?

My flight from JNB is landing in DXB at 8:20 AM and I'm departing to JFK the following day at 3AM.

I would like to do the Burj Khalifa at the top at about sunset (around 6:50PM on that day) and the Dubai Fountain Lake Ride after that.

I also had wanted to do a desert tour but it looks like there are only 2 options, either departing about 7-8AM in the morning, or departing 3-4PM but not returning until 9PM.

Should I skip the Burj and fountain or do it in the morning and take the afternoon desert safari? Or skip the safari?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 02:18:32 PM by dvol »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #690 on: August 02, 2017, 12:04:47 PM »
Burj in the morning, safari afternoon, fountain at night
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline dvol

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 02, 2017, 02:18:14 PM »
Burj in the morning, safari afternoon, fountain at night

I found a tour willing to pick us up at the airport after our flight lands :)

Offline MosheP

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 14, 2017, 06:32:56 AM »
Traveling on a US passport but born in Israel. Any issues at all entering Dubai?

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 14, 2017, 10:28:41 AM »
Traveling on a US passport but born in Israel. Any issues at all entering Dubai?

No, none whatsoever

Offline cgr

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 18, 2017, 10:59:47 AM »
My husband and I will be travelling to Dubai in September, and will be staying at the Waldorf.
I contacted them to see if I can keep things in the freezer while we are there, and they are refusing, saying that it is against the municipality regulations under which they operate.
Our personal concierge says that since they are unable to accommodate us in this way, they will gladly import any food for us in order to compensate us for our troubles.
Any risk in letting them know we are kosher observant? And what are the chances that they'll be willing to bring kosher food in for us?

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #695 on: August 18, 2017, 11:24:01 AM »
My husband and I will be travelling to Dubai in September, and will be staying at the Waldorf.
I contacted them to see if I can keep things in the freezer while we are there, and they are refusing, saying that it is against the municipality regulations under which they operate.
Our personal concierge says that since they are unable to accommodate us in this way, they will gladly import any food for us in order to compensate us for our troubles.
Any risk in letting them know we are kosher observant? And what are the chances that they'll be willing to bring kosher food in for us?
switch hotels, There are plenty of hotels that will accommodate you.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #696 on: August 18, 2017, 01:20:37 PM »
Park Hyatt did it for us with no issues. had us sign a waiver of some kind. even heated up some meals for us

Offline Z56

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #697 on: August 19, 2017, 02:53:22 PM »

Or just say your allergic and you can't eat regular foods. If you don't want to use the word "kosher"
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 19, 2017, 02:58:47 PM »
Nothing to be afraid of and they've probably dealt with Kosher before.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline cgr

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 25, 2017, 10:50:33 AM »
So after reviewing the logistics of bringing in the food from NY the changed their minds and refused...
Asked to get in contact with the GM, and was instead forwarded to the head chef who agreed to keep the items in the freezer for us, as long as they can bring it to our room for us.
Let's hope they don't change their minds again!