Topic Wiki

There are no issues with:

• Having Jewish items
  • Looking Jewish
  • Bringing in food or alcohol
  • Having Israeli stamps in your passport.

List of TR's:
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/trip-notes/maldives-trip-notes-part-2-dubai-and-abu-dhabi/
Sam28 TR
UAE- Abu Dhabi and Dubai TR with lots of links for attractions and food etc (maybe s/o would copy+paste from there to here)

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:
for up to date and more info see https://chabad.ae/kosher/

TLV Restaurant - Location in the H hotel  - For reservations: Call: +97142435711  / WhatsApp: +971522209155
The Kosher Place - Location Jumeriah Creekside Hotel - For reservations, please WhatsApp +972559453118
Mul hayam
Armani Kaf - Location Armani Hotel - Reservation online or email Restaurant.Reservations@armanihotels.com (sometimes it wont show available online but over email they'll confirm)
King David Kitchen kingdavidkitchen.com
Kosher coffee Bibi

Synagogue:
PM Dan for contact info.

Things to Do:

Sites to find deals:
  Groupon.ae
  Greatdeals.ae
  getyourguide.com
  klook.com
  tiqets.com

- Miracle Garden (need 1-2 hours) - https://www.dubaimiraclegarden.com/
 - Global Village  (Need 3-4 hours - opens at 4pm ) - https://www.globalvillage.ae/en/home-page
 - Xline - zip thru the marina (need max 1 hour from checkin till land back) - Book online in advance to secure a spot - http://xline.xdubai.com/
 - Desert Adventure - (need 6 hours - from 3pm -9pm) - Includes Quad Biking, Dune Bashing, Camel rides, BBQ dinner in a camp site while watching Cultural shows  - https://www.desertadventures.com/  - There is a Kosher catered tour that is highly recommended , every tuesday , Whatsapp +972 58-551-1911 for reservations , full Kosher BBQ and "kosher" cultural shows
- 3 Main Malls - Mall in Marina (Basic) , Mall of Emirates (huge mall - Has indoor ski) , Mall of Dubai (downtown -even bigger mall has aquarium inside and is a very high end shopping mall)
 - Gold / Perfume / Spice Souk - Marketplace in Deira area (need half a day minimum for this)
 - Burj Khalifa - View points from above - Buy tickets online in advance for best price - https://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/index.aspx  - best to go in evening time before sunset  - Theres also a VIP option to skip the lines
 - Dubai Sky Dive
 - Helicopter ride - recommended is the 22 min flight option
 - Hot Air balloon - https://www.ballooning.ae/ - check the deal sites sometimes have a buy 2 get 1  - Early AM in the desert
 - Dubai Creek Boat ride ( need 2.5hrs - Board 8pm - duration 830pm to 1030pm)
- Dubai Gold frame 
- night boat ride along the intercostal
 - Fountain Show on the boardwalk downtown - from 6pm every 30 min (buy a ticket online/walkup to be closer to water but you can still see it without that or if you are eating at Armani Kaf, you can see from the terrace
- Yacht + jet ski rentals
- Dubai Aquarium / underwater zoo
- Yellow Boat (inflatable motor boat) Sightseeing Cruise
- The view at the palm - theviewpalm.ae
- Legoland
- Inside burj al arab insideburjalarab.com

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

« Last edited by hakohen on August 20, 2023, 04:53:22 AM »

Author Topic: Dubai Master Thread  (Read 283302 times)

Online igal6810

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dubai Master Thread
« Reply #820 on: February 13, 2019, 07:18:28 AM »
At Grovesnor House now on way back from Maldives.  It is great to stay with frozen food

You can get an apartment that has full kitchen, refrigerator, freezer, oven , etc and warm all your own double wrapped food so there is no issue whatsoever

That’s great. Did you book the Delux room with points and then upgrade to the apartment or did you book with cash? Also, if we book the delux room, do you think they would be able to hold the food in their own freezer and warm it up for you?

Offline dkre1124

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: February 13, 2019, 08:12:34 AM »
Booked with cash as prices were cheap enough not to use points

On way to Maldives, friend of ours stopped here for a night and left the food with them in their freezer (for 6 days) and we picked it up after return from Maldives.  No problem at all.  Just left the guy a tip for helping us out and letting us leave it for 6 days

Offline Traveler718

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: February 15, 2019, 12:10:44 PM »
How many total days would you say is ideal for Dubai and the attractions in the surrounding area - Mall, Burk Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, Zayed Mosque, anything else?

I'm thinking of going after Purim and staying 1-2 nights at Al Maha to use my 60k certs (is it worth 2 nights there, or will I get bored, or should I do the 2 nights and just use it as a distant base to explore from during the day between activities?).

What other point hotels are recommended closer to the main attractions? I have Marriott 60k certs, free IHG nights for IC, tons of Hilton points with Diamond status, and Hyatt points.

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: February 16, 2019, 04:12:16 PM »
I was staying last week in the Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah booked with 82k Hilton points per night loved the hotel service was great was there for 3 nights was not enough.  Becouse first day was to tired to  do anything

Offline NTorch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 13, 2019, 11:41:11 AM »
Arutz Sheva - "For the first time, kosher food available in Dubai"

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/260319

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #825 on: March 27, 2019, 08:03:00 PM »
For Dan's Burj al Arab trick of booking tea at the Skyview Bar without a CC, is there a problem trying to back out once you get to the top and "discover" that it costs 635 AED pp?

Even though you don't have to give a CC, there are several cancellation T&Cs you have to agree to that make me nervous about getting stuck up there until I pay up. Can I just use the res to get on the entrance list to get into the hotel and then just enjoy poking around the lobby?

Or does it defeat the whole purpose if I don't go up to check out the view from above (even though I'll be seeing the view from even higher at Burj Khalifa)?

Also, if anyone has done Ski Dubai, does the rental clothing they give you suffice to keep you warm while skiing, or should I plan to bring additional layers of my own? It feels weird to pack ski attire when the outdoor temperature is over 90, but if the stuff they give you isn't enough, then I'll bring my own so I can enjoy the experience.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 08:07:24 PM by Traveler718 »

Offline Theg

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 27, 2019, 08:12:25 PM »
Also, if anyone has done Ski Dubai, does the rental clothing they give you suffice to keep you warm while skiing, or should I plan to bring additional layers of my own? It feels weird to pack ski attire when the outdoor temperature is over 90, but if the stuff they give you isn't enough, then I'll bring my own so I can enjoy the experience.
The clothing they provide is very thin. I would suggest to bring a sweatshirt. It’s 24 degrees in there

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #827 on: March 27, 2019, 08:25:51 PM »
For Dan's Burj al Arab trick of booking tea at the Skyview Bar without a CC, is there a problem trying to back out once you get to the top and "discover" that it costs 635 AED pp?

Even though you don't have to give a CC, there are several cancellation T&Cs you have to agree to that make me nervous about getting stuck up there until I pay up. Can I just use the res to get on the entrance list to get into the hotel and then just enjoy poking around the lobby?

Or does it defeat the whole purpose if I don't go up to check out the view from above (even though I'll be seeing the view from even higher at Burj Khalifa)?
I'd risk it. Was really beautiful.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yoshyosh

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 147
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 27, 2019, 08:45:13 PM »
I'd risk it. Was really beautiful.
+1, even if they make you pay the service at the bar was a fraction of the price.

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 27, 2019, 09:28:50 PM »
Is there a way to just make a reservation for service at the bar, to avoid the game-playing and anxiety? And if not, even if I signed up for a 635 AED afternoon tea, I can get away with just buying drinks at the bar? Why wasn't Dan given that option in his TR?

Offline yoshyosh

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 147
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 27, 2019, 09:32:26 PM »
Is there a way to just make a reservation for service at the bar, to avoid the game-playing and anxiety? And if not, even if I signed up for a 635 AED afternoon tea, I can get away with just buying drinks at the bar? Why wasn't Dan given that option in his TR?
They wont seat you at the window if you choose the bar. The window is what has a truly breathtaking view.

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 27, 2019, 09:35:19 PM »
But I'm anyway not getting seated at the window? At best, I get a quick peek out of it and a picture before they send me back down like Dan did, so what am I missing?

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 28, 2019, 11:02:25 AM »
How reliable is Waze (or Google Maps) in Dubai? I use TMobile, who told me that I'll have free unlimited data, but it will be 2g-3g. Any data points on if this should be adequate, or if I should download UAE maps to my Garmin Nuvi and take it? My itinerary also includes Al Maha, which is somewhat in the middle of nowhere, if that's relevant to coverage issues.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #833 on: March 28, 2019, 11:10:36 AM »
How reliable is Waze (or Google Maps) in Dubai? I use TMobile, who told me that I'll have free unlimited data, but it will be 2g-3g. Any data points on if this should be adequate, or if I should download UAE maps to my Garmin Nuvi and take it? My itinerary also includes Al Maha, which is somewhat in the middle of nowhere, if that's relevant to coverage issues.
Waze/GMaps worked great, though I used Fi which is 4G. Highly recommended for international travel.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Theg

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 28, 2019, 11:43:52 AM »
Waze is very reliable just be very careful with the speed limit as there a cameras about very mile or so.
Al Maha has great cell coverage.

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 28, 2019, 04:04:18 PM »
Any issues davening on EK with tallis and tefillin (not in F, where you could just do it privately)?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 28, 2019, 04:05:01 PM »
Any issues davening on EK with tallis and tefillin (not in F, where you could just do it privately)?
Go F or go home ;D

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 28, 2019, 04:13:09 PM »

I did it was there 1 month ago and they even offered me to take a pictures of me and my wife .

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 28, 2019, 04:56:50 PM »
I did it was there 1 month ago and they even offered me to take a pictures of me and my wife .

Wow, that's great to know! Just to confirm, you did Dan's trick of making a reservation without giving a CC, just going up for pictures, and then leaving without buying anything when they told you how much it costs, and they didn't give you a hard time about it?

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 28, 2019, 05:09:40 PM »
Wow, that's great to know! Just to confirm, you did Dan's trick of making a reservation without giving a CC, just going up for pictures, and then leaving without buying anything when they told you how much it costs, and they didn't give you a hard time about it?

no made Res online paid with my card once we set down told them I did not no there is a full meal only a drink .