Topic Wiki

There are no issues with:

• Having Jewish items
  • Looking Jewish
  • Bringing in food or alcohol
  • Having Israeli stamps in your passport.

List of TR's:
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/trip-notes/maldives-trip-notes-part-2-dubai-and-abu-dhabi/
Sam28 TR
UAE- Abu Dhabi and Dubai TR with lots of links for attractions and food etc (maybe s/o would copy+paste from there to here)

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:
for up to date and more info see https://chabad.ae/kosher/

TLV Restaurant - Location in the H hotel  - For reservations: Call: +97142435711  / WhatsApp: +971522209155
The Kosher Place - Location Jumeriah Creekside Hotel - For reservations, please WhatsApp +972559453118
Mul hayam
Armani Kaf - Location Armani Hotel - Reservation online or email Restaurant.Reservations@armanihotels.com (sometimes it wont show available online but over email they'll confirm)
King David Kitchen kingdavidkitchen.com
Kosher coffee Bibi

Synagogue:
PM Dan for contact info.

Things to Do:

Sites to find deals:
  Groupon.ae
  Greatdeals.ae
  getyourguide.com
  klook.com
  tiqets.com

- Miracle Garden (need 1-2 hours) - https://www.dubaimiraclegarden.com/
 - Global Village  (Need 3-4 hours - opens at 4pm ) - https://www.globalvillage.ae/en/home-page
 - Xline - zip thru the marina (need max 1 hour from checkin till land back) - Book online in advance to secure a spot - http://xline.xdubai.com/
 - Desert Adventure - (need 6 hours - from 3pm -9pm) - Includes Quad Biking, Dune Bashing, Camel rides, BBQ dinner in a camp site while watching Cultural shows  - https://www.desertadventures.com/  - There is a Kosher catered tour that is highly recommended , every tuesday , Whatsapp +972 58-551-1911 for reservations , full Kosher BBQ and "kosher" cultural shows
- 3 Main Malls - Mall in Marina (Basic) , Mall of Emirates (huge mall - Has indoor ski) , Mall of Dubai (downtown -even bigger mall has aquarium inside and is a very high end shopping mall)
 - Gold / Perfume / Spice Souk - Marketplace in Deira area (need half a day minimum for this)
 - Burj Khalifa - View points from above - Buy tickets online in advance for best price - https://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/index.aspx  - best to go in evening time before sunset  - Theres also a VIP option to skip the lines
 - Dubai Sky Dive
 - Helicopter ride - recommended is the 22 min flight option
 - Hot Air balloon - https://www.ballooning.ae/ - check the deal sites sometimes have a buy 2 get 1  - Early AM in the desert
 - Dubai Creek Boat ride ( need 2.5hrs - Board 8pm - duration 830pm to 1030pm)
- Dubai Gold frame 
- night boat ride along the intercostal
 - Fountain Show on the boardwalk downtown - from 6pm every 30 min (buy a ticket online/walkup to be closer to water but you can still see it without that or if you are eating at Armani Kaf, you can see from the terrace
- Yacht + jet ski rentals
- Dubai Aquarium / underwater zoo
- Yellow Boat (inflatable motor boat) Sightseeing Cruise
- The view at the palm - theviewpalm.ae
- Legoland
- Inside burj al arab insideburjalarab.com

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

« Last edited by hakohen on August 20, 2023, 04:53:22 AM »

Author Topic: Dubai Master Thread  (Read 283341 times)

Offline Traveler718

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Dubai Master Thread
« Reply #840 on: March 28, 2019, 05:22:06 PM »
When you booked online, did you book for tea at 635 AED pp, or a different package? And when you said you only wanted drinks, what ended up happening? Did they let you stay by the window, how much did you end up paying, and did they refund the difference if you paid more when you made the res?

Offline sam28

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 28, 2019, 05:44:47 PM »
When you booked online, did you book for tea at 635 AED pp, or a different package? And when you said you only wanted drinks, what ended up happening? Did they let you stay by the window, how much did you end up paying, and did they refund the difference if you paid more when you made the res?

yes I payed 635 PP and they gave the full credit . they told me first if I wont I can get a drink and they will give credit for the rest so I told them never mind . so they say np I am sorry . and they was so nice about it . when u book a time  u can chose a window when I went they was no window available its still nice and can go to the window and take pictures .

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 29, 2019, 01:50:42 PM »
After all this angst about if I should go up to Skyview, I finally went to make my booking today using Dan's link ... and now they ask for a CC! I tried entering an expired one and got an error message that payment couldn't be processed. Help! Any other ways to get into the Burj or get a no-CC res there?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #843 on: March 29, 2019, 01:54:10 PM »
After all this angst about if I should go up to Skyview, I finally went to make my booking today using Dan's link ... and now they ask for a CC! I tried entering an expired one and got an error message that payment couldn't be processed. Help! Any other ways to get into the Burj or get a no-CC res there?
yes I payed 635 PP and they gave the full credit . they told me first if I wont I can get a drink and they will give credit for the rest so I told them never mind . so they say np I am sorry . and they was so nice about it . when u book a time  u can chose a window when I went they was no window available its still nice and can go to the window and take pictures .
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 10, 2019, 04:09:21 PM »
I had an amazing time in Dubai last week. While I'd love to write up a proper TR, I don't know that it will happen before Pesach. In the meantime, I just want to post here that for anyone looking to get into the Burj al Arab, Dan's link to make a CC-less reservation at Skyview no longer works. However, even though the reservation must be prepaid (~$170), it can be cancelled for a full refund (up to either 24 or 48 hours before the reservation time).

So all you have to do is make a reservation, pay it, print the email confirming your reservation, then cancel it for a refund. When you drive up to the guard booth, he doesn't have a list of those who have active reservations. All he does is check your print-out to see that you "have" a reservation and waves you through. Leave your car with the valet, and have fun exploring the hotel.

I did manage to get up to the Skyview Bar, but that took quite a bit more effort and nerves, and honestly, I'm not sure that it's worth it, though I also went on a smoggy day when views were limited.

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #845 on: April 10, 2019, 08:25:10 PM »
I had an amazing time in Dubai last week. While I'd love to write up a proper TR, I don't know that it will happen before Pesach. In the meantime, I just want to post here that for anyone looking to get into the Burj al Arab, Dan's link to make a CC-less reservation at Skyview no longer works. However, even though the reservation must be prepaid (~$170), it can be cancelled for a full refund (up to either 24 or 48 hours before the reservation time).

So all you have to do is make a reservation, pay it, print the email confirming your reservation, then cancel it for a refund. When you drive up to the guard booth, he doesn't have a list of those who have active reservations. All he does is check your print-out to see that you "have" a reservation and waves you through. Leave your car with the valet, and have fun exploring the hotel.

I did manage to get up to the Skyview Bar, but that took quite a bit more effort and nerves, and honestly, I'm not sure that it's worth it, though I also went on a smoggy day when views were limited.
Thanks for the update and info.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline BarryLincoln

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
« Reply #846 on: May 15, 2019, 09:46:46 AM »

Offline moisheyb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 15, 2019, 01:33:51 PM »
https://www.jta.org/quick-reads/nyu-chaplain-to-be-first-chief-rabbi-of-the-united-arab-emirates

Thought Chabad would've landed that role first...

Chabad and the community while they do work together are seperatly run in Dubai.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #848 on: May 27, 2019, 06:02:57 PM »
What's the most ideal way to get from AUH to Dubai?
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 27, 2019, 10:03:17 PM »
Ideal in what sense? Fastest and most convenient would be to take an Uber, but it will cost a lot, especially if you then need to get back to AUH. In such a case it will probably be most economical to rent a car, depending on the rest of your itinerary. If you do, be extremely careful about the speed traps, which are literally everywhere.

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 28, 2019, 01:02:35 AM »

I took a bus

Offline moisheyb

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 28, 2019, 01:43:21 AM »
If your arriving on eithad they have a free bus to Dubai

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #852 on: May 28, 2019, 03:25:31 AM »
I took a bus
Ideal in what sense? Fastest and most convenient would be to take an Uber, but it will cost a lot, especially if you then need to get back to AUH. In such a case it will probably be most economical to rent a car, depending on the rest of your itinerary. If you do, be extremely careful about the speed traps, which are literally everywhere.
Thanks.
It would be 26 hours in Dubai.
If your arriving on eithad they have a free bus to Dubai
Oh wow, from Dubai to AUH as well?
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline mliebs1457

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 28, 2019, 07:09:11 AM »
Just rent a car and drive. Its the most convenient way to get around.

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 28, 2019, 11:27:03 AM »
I was extremely happy that I rented a car (as Dan recommends), though I was there for 4 days and in a different situation. Still, it didn't cost much at all (probably less than the price of a 1-way Uber) and gave me so much more flexibility. If you'll be in Dubai for 26 hours, there are taxis everywhere you'll likely go, but you'll then have to deal with the pain of converting money (in 4 days I didn't have to convert at all) and possibly waste time waiting for Ubers.

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #855 on: May 28, 2019, 03:47:46 PM »
Also note there are no uber in AUH (Data point from Feb 2016), only Dubai
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 04:26:21 PM by ual902 »

Offline moisheyb

• View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 28, 2019, 04:06:18 PM »
Thanks.
It would be 26 hours in Dubai.Oh wow, from Dubai to AUH as well?
I actually took it from Dubai to Auh only

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 10, 2019, 07:51:44 PM »
i am a dual israeli and us citizen. i am very obviously jewish (beard peyos etc). i would want to fly eithad from del-auh-amm-tlv using aa miles.
will they allow me to enter auh using my american passport, for a full day stop to tour a little?
i will have to be carrying my israeli passport as i am on my way back home.
is there a way to ticket it as del-tlv with stops in auh and amm on aa, or do i have to ticket it del-amm, and a separate ticket amm-tlv?

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 19, 2019, 01:28:29 PM »
anyone have the address and minyan time for the dubai shul?

Offline ABC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 19, 2019, 03:38:12 PM »
i am a dual israeli and us citizen. i am very obviously jewish (beard peyos etc). i would want to fly eithad from del-auh-amm-tlv using aa miles.
will they allow me to enter auh using my american passport, for a full day stop to tour a little?
i will have to be carrying my israeli passport as i am on my way back home.
is there a way to ticket it as del-tlv with stops in auh and amm on aa, or do i have to ticket it del-amm, and a separate ticket amm-tlv?

No problem ticketing to TLV.
They will let you in, no problem.

I was actually in Dubai last week (entered with USA passport) they asked where I live I said Israel they pulled us over to the side and messed around with us for about 20 minutes asked questions... but let us through in the end.

I ordered kosher food in Dubai from Eli's https://www.elliskosherkitchen.com/
Take in mind their milk is NOT cholov yisroel, so we just ordered fish meals which was very good.
They know all about the minyanim ask them.