Topic Wiki

There are no issues with:

• Having Jewish items
  • Looking Jewish
  • Bringing in food or alcohol
  • Having Israeli stamps in your passport.

List of TR's:
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/trip-notes/maldives-trip-notes-part-2-dubai-and-abu-dhabi/
Sam28 TR
UAE- Abu Dhabi and Dubai TR with lots of links for attractions and food etc (maybe s/o would copy+paste from there to here)

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:
for up to date and more info see https://chabad.ae/kosher/

TLV Restaurant - Location in the H hotel  - For reservations: Call: +97142435711  / WhatsApp: +971522209155
The Kosher Place - Location Jumeriah Creekside Hotel - For reservations, please WhatsApp +972559453118
Mul hayam
Armani Kaf - Location Armani Hotel - Reservation online or email Restaurant.Reservations@armanihotels.com (sometimes it wont show available online but over email they'll confirm)
King David Kitchen kingdavidkitchen.com
Kosher coffee Bibi

Synagogue:
PM Dan for contact info.

Things to Do:

Sites to find deals:
  Groupon.ae
  Greatdeals.ae
  getyourguide.com
  klook.com
  tiqets.com

- Miracle Garden (need 1-2 hours) - https://www.dubaimiraclegarden.com/
 - Global Village  (Need 3-4 hours - opens at 4pm ) - https://www.globalvillage.ae/en/home-page
 - Xline - zip thru the marina (need max 1 hour from checkin till land back) - Book online in advance to secure a spot - http://xline.xdubai.com/
 - Desert Adventure - (need 6 hours - from 3pm -9pm) - Includes Quad Biking, Dune Bashing, Camel rides, BBQ dinner in a camp site while watching Cultural shows  - https://www.desertadventures.com/  - There is a Kosher catered tour that is highly recommended , every tuesday , Whatsapp +972 58-551-1911 for reservations , full Kosher BBQ and "kosher" cultural shows
- 3 Main Malls - Mall in Marina (Basic) , Mall of Emirates (huge mall - Has indoor ski) , Mall of Dubai (downtown -even bigger mall has aquarium inside and is a very high end shopping mall)
 - Gold / Perfume / Spice Souk - Marketplace in Deira area (need half a day minimum for this)
 - Burj Khalifa - View points from above - Buy tickets online in advance for best price - https://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/index.aspx  - best to go in evening time before sunset  - Theres also a VIP option to skip the lines
 - Dubai Sky Dive
 - Helicopter ride - recommended is the 22 min flight option
 - Hot Air balloon - https://www.ballooning.ae/ - check the deal sites sometimes have a buy 2 get 1  - Early AM in the desert
 - Dubai Creek Boat ride ( need 2.5hrs - Board 8pm - duration 830pm to 1030pm)
- Dubai Gold frame 
- night boat ride along the intercostal
 - Fountain Show on the boardwalk downtown - from 6pm every 30 min (buy a ticket online/walkup to be closer to water but you can still see it without that or if you are eating at Armani Kaf, you can see from the terrace
- Yacht + jet ski rentals
- Dubai Aquarium / underwater zoo
- Yellow Boat (inflatable motor boat) Sightseeing Cruise
- The view at the palm - theviewpalm.ae
- Legoland
- Inside burj al arab insideburjalarab.com

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

« Last edited by hakohen on August 20, 2023, 04:53:22 AM »

Author Topic: Dubai Master Thread  (Read 283307 times)

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
Re: Dubai Master Thread
« Reply #1020 on: January 07, 2021, 12:12:51 PM »

Apparently the new Switzerland.

Offline Let3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 07, 2021, 01:46:52 PM »
Thanks @Let3 ! What age are your kids?

What did you do for food?
For food - we were at the Wagner program at habtoor palace (Hilton)

Kids are 2.4,5, and 7

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 07, 2021, 06:31:10 PM »
For food - we were at the Wagner program at habtoor palace (Hilton)

Kids are 2.4,5, and 7

Thanks! (Sorry I missed the food part at the beginning of your post, appreciate your response  :) )

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 07, 2021, 06:35:09 PM »

Apparently the new Switzerland.
Why’s he there ?

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 08, 2021, 12:22:36 AM »
Why’s he there ?

You know the guy?

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 08, 2021, 12:23:25 AM »

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 08, 2021, 12:25:17 AM »
You know the guy?
He’s the Karliner Rebbe

Offline Young explorer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 08, 2021, 12:36:10 AM »
He’s the Karliner Rebbe
He's a holy jew and a big traveler, from what I hear he's been too many cool spots, in hebrew it's called מתקן ניצוצית

Offline Traveler718

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 08, 2021, 09:18:49 AM »
If anyone has recently flown JFK-DXB or DXB-JFK, how are they regarding masks and open middle seats? And how crowded were the flights in general (esp. if you flew Motzei Shabbos to DXB, or came back on the non-stop redeye)?

Also, once in Dubai, how strict are they regarding masks and SD in public places, hotels, and tourist attractions - malls, souks, Burj, etc.?

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 08, 2021, 01:47:25 PM »
You don’t?

Image was showing up fuzzy for me and he's wearing a mask - sorry, but I couldn't figure it out but now I see.

He’s the Karliner Rebbe

Thx

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 08, 2021, 01:48:21 PM »
and he's wearing a mask
That’s how you know it’s him. :)

Offline Let3

• View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 10, 2021, 12:49:58 AM »
If anyone has recently flown JFK-DXB or DXB-JFK, how are they regarding masks and open middle seats? And how crowded were the flights in general (esp. if you flew Motzei Shabbos to DXB, or came back on the non-stop redeye)?

Also, once in Dubai, how strict are they regarding masks and SD in public places, hotels, and tourist attractions - malls, souks, Burj, etc.?
There were open middle seats and plain was not crowded.
They were ok about the mask - never making us any problems with the kids, but did ask us to cover up when not eating.

In Dubai - in public places they do ask to wear masks (I heard they can fine for not wearing) but not overly aggressive about it. In hotel they did not bother us at all.

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 10, 2021, 07:45:58 PM »
Thanks for the info. I see I wasn't so clear in my question. I don't have antibodies and wear masks and SD when I'm out, so I was hoping to hear that Emirates + Dubai tourist attractions are somewhat strict regarding enforcing their rules. It sounds like the flight should hopefully be okay, but will I feel safe when touring Dubai, or is the mask/SD situation there total hefker?

And separately, what's the situation in the shul there - how strict are they with masks and SD? Also, where exactly is the (weekday) shul located, and what are the best points hotels in the area?

Lastly, it seems that a negative PCR test within 4 days of arrival is sufficient for Dubai, but is it possible to also visit Abu Dhabi as a day trip at this time? From what I found online it sounds like they require much more testing and quarantining.

Offline Let3

• View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 11, 2021, 04:28:48 PM »
Thanks for the info. I see I wasn't so clear in my question. I don't have antibodies and wear masks and SD when I'm out, so I was hoping to hear that Emirates + Dubai tourist attractions are somewhat strict regarding enforcing their rules. It sounds like the flight should hopefully be okay, but will I feel safe when touring Dubai, or is the mask/SD situation there total hefker?

And separately, what's the situation in the shul there - how strict are they with masks and SD? Also, where exactly is the (weekday) shul located, and what are the best points hotels in the area?

Lastly, it seems that a negative PCR test within 4 days of arrival is sufficient for Dubai, but is it possible to also visit Abu Dhabi as a day trip at this time? From what I found online it sounds like they require much more testing and quarantining.
People were pretty good about wearing masks in public places - you should be ok.

We had minyan in our hotel so I don’t know about the shul.
From what I heard it is difficult to get to Abu Dhabi as you said, but I didn’t try myself.
Sorry can’t be more helpful.

Offline Happyguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 12, 2021, 05:51:08 PM »
Do Dubai accept a Teudat Machlim from Israel?

Offline chuchem

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: January 13, 2021, 08:50:57 AM »
Quick recap of our trip
We arrived friday morning 00:35
I rented a big 9 seater passenger van (in dubai only 2 people in regular taxi and 4 people in minivan are allowed because of covid)
We stayed at the al habtoor grand hotel (got a good rate through mariott best rate -25%)
friday we got up late and went to miracle gardens, very nice place and good for a erev shabbes
shabbes we spend with chabad at the adress marina (15 min from our hotel) about 250 people, nice atmosphere and good food
moze shabbes we went to global village, its a big area with different markets/shops of different countries. Also has a cool car show and a big attraction park for kids (open until midnight)
we spend every morning by pool/beach and did something in afternnon
-sunday we went to motiongate. its a attraction park about 30 min out of dubai. its right next to legoland. (legoland is more for smaller kids) you can buy cheaper tickets online on groupon or other website. we bought front of line tickets, without it every ride would have been 1 hour wait https://www.motiongatedubai.com/en
-monday we went out in the desert and did a dune buggy tour at sunset. It was the best activity we did. the place was not organized well, but after difficulties sorting it out it was amazing   https://monster-experience.com/tours/can-am-1000cc-turbo-4-seats/
-tuesday we went to the top of burj al khalifa and watched the fountain show, once again buy discounted tickets on websites. best time to go 30 min before sunset, so you get to see day/sunset/night
-wednesday we did the mall of the emirates incl snowpark
-thursday was new year, the hotel was quite expensive that night, so we checked out after spending morning at the pool and a late checkout and went to a airport hotel (aloft Deira). it was much cheaper and as our flight was 08 in the morning next day. we went back to global village for some shopping, they also had some nice fireworks for new year

some general info

-rent a car. its cheap and has parking everywere
-dubai airport is huge and check in can have long lines. we almost missed our flight being there 2 hours before
-book activities on deals websites
-we took along some double wrapped meals, as not have to eat out every meal
-restaurant in the hilton by elis kitchen was a buffet. 300 aed for adults, 200 aed for kids. small selection. quite expensive for what it was
-armani was very good. cheaper then elis kitchen, better food and has a good kids menu, so it ended up being much cheaper
-masks have to be worn everywere, even by kids from the age of 6. my kids between 6-10 didnt wear and nobody cared. at pool or beach nobody had one on
-bringing in ffod through customs is allowed
-certain medicins are not allowed. there is a website were you can send in doctors letter and they aprove it in 24 hours and you get a permit. better then going to jail
-bring your own groceries, as you cant buy to much kosher stuff there
-chabad might have some milk, we brought our own for easy breakfast. you cant drink cholov stam there
-need a negative pcr test for everyone over 12 no older then 96 hours old

it was a very nice, fun and safe vacation spot. my kids walked around with their yarmukles and zizis no problem. we even saw a shtraimel shabbes walking on the street. Dubai is not cheap, things cost the same as in USA (hotels and taxis a little cheaper) but its one of the only places that allows tourism at the moment

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 17, 2021, 07:24:15 AM »
Quick recap of our trip
I rented a big 9 seater passenger van (in dubai only 2 people in regular taxi and 4 people in minivan are allowed because of covid)
We stayed at the al habtoor grand hotel (got a good rate through mariott best rate -25%)
friday we got up late and went to miracle gardens, very nice place and good for a erev shabbes
shabbes we spend with chabad at the adress marina (15 min from our hotel) about 250 people, nice atmosphere and good food
moze shabbes we went to global village, its a big area with different markets/shops of different countries. Also has a cool car show and a big attraction park for kids (open until midnight)
-sunday we went to motiongate. its a attraction park about 30 min out of dubai. its right next to legoland. (legoland is more for smaller kids) you can buy cheaper tickets online on groupon or other website. we bought front of line tickets, without it every ride would have been 1 hour wait https://www.motiongatedubai.com/en
-monday we went out in the desert and did a dune buggy tour at sunset. It was the best activity we did. the place was not organized well, but after difficulties sorting it out it was amazing   https://monster-experience.com/tours/can-am-1000cc-turbo-4-seats/
-tuesday we went to the top of burj al khalifa and watched the fountain show, once again buy discounted tickets on websites. best time to go 30 min before sunset, so you get to see day/sunset/night
-thursday was new year, the hotel was quite expensive that night, so we checked out after spending morning at the pool and a late checkout and went to a airport hotel (aloft Deira). it was much cheaper and as our flight was 08 in the morning next day. we went back to global village for some shopping, they also had some nice fireworks for new year

some general info

-dubai airport is huge and check in can have long lines. we almost missed our flight being there 2 hours before
-restaurant in the hilton by elis kitchen was a buffet. 300 aed for adults, 200 aed for kids. small selection. quite expensive for what it was
-armani was very good. cheaper then elis kitchen, better food and has a good kids menu, so it ended up being much cheaper
-masks have to be worn everywere, even by kids from the age of 6. my kids between 6-10 didnt wear and nobody cared. at pool or beach nobody had one on
-certain medicins are not allowed. there is a website were you can send in doctors letter and they aprove it in 24 hours and you get a permit. better then going to jail
-chabad might have some milk, we brought our own for easy breakfast. you cant drink cholov stam there

it was a very nice, fun and safe vacation spot. my kids walked around with their yarmukles and zizis no problem. we even saw a shtraimel shabbes walking on the street. Dubai is not cheap, things cost the same as in USA (hotels and taxis a little cheaper) but its one of the only places that allows tourism at the moment
Nice TR. Re groceries, where did you look? You are the first one to say this.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline Traveler718

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 17, 2021, 09:20:56 AM »
With the new requirement to be tested within 3 days of flying back to the US, does anyone have any info or experience or tips about the COVID testing situation in Dubai? I would assume it's a better situation than say Cancun, but would be interested in some actual DP to help with advance planning and realistic expectations.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1038 on: January 17, 2021, 10:25:58 AM »
Quick recap of our trip

some general info

Nice TR!
Any pics?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Theg

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 17, 2021, 04:58:00 PM »
With the new requirement to be tested within 3 days of flying back to the US, does anyone have any info or experience or tips about the COVID testing situation in Dubai? I would assume it's a better situation than say Cancun, but would be interested in some actual DP to help with advance planning and realistic expectations.
At American hospital you can get test results for PCR test in 12 hours. Cost is 150 AED ($40 USD)