Topic Wiki

There are no issues with:

• Having Jewish items
  • Looking Jewish
  • Bringing in food or alcohol
  • Having Israeli stamps in your passport.

List of TR's:
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/trip-notes/maldives-trip-notes-part-2-dubai-and-abu-dhabi/
Sam28 TR
UAE- Abu Dhabi and Dubai TR with lots of links for attractions and food etc (maybe s/o would copy+paste from there to here)

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:
for up to date and more info see https://chabad.ae/kosher/

TLV Restaurant - Location in the H hotel  - For reservations: Call: +97142435711  / WhatsApp: +971522209155
The Kosher Place - Location Jumeriah Creekside Hotel - For reservations, please WhatsApp +972559453118
Mul hayam
Armani Kaf - Location Armani Hotel - Reservation online or email Restaurant.Reservations@armanihotels.com (sometimes it wont show available online but over email they'll confirm)
King David Kitchen kingdavidkitchen.com
Kosher coffee Bibi

Synagogue:
PM Dan for contact info.

Things to Do:

Sites to find deals:
  Groupon.ae
  Greatdeals.ae
  getyourguide.com
  klook.com
  tiqets.com

- Miracle Garden (need 1-2 hours) - https://www.dubaimiraclegarden.com/
 - Global Village  (Need 3-4 hours - opens at 4pm ) - https://www.globalvillage.ae/en/home-page
 - Xline - zip thru the marina (need max 1 hour from checkin till land back) - Book online in advance to secure a spot - http://xline.xdubai.com/
 - Desert Adventure - (need 6 hours - from 3pm -9pm) - Includes Quad Biking, Dune Bashing, Camel rides, BBQ dinner in a camp site while watching Cultural shows  - https://www.desertadventures.com/  - There is a Kosher catered tour that is highly recommended , every tuesday , Whatsapp +972 58-551-1911 for reservations , full Kosher BBQ and "kosher" cultural shows
- 3 Main Malls - Mall in Marina (Basic) , Mall of Emirates (huge mall - Has indoor ski) , Mall of Dubai (downtown -even bigger mall has aquarium inside and is a very high end shopping mall)
 - Gold / Perfume / Spice Souk - Marketplace in Deira area (need half a day minimum for this)
 - Burj Khalifa - View points from above - Buy tickets online in advance for best price - https://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/index.aspx  - best to go in evening time before sunset  - Theres also a VIP option to skip the lines
 - Dubai Sky Dive
 - Helicopter ride - recommended is the 22 min flight option
 - Hot Air balloon - https://www.ballooning.ae/ - check the deal sites sometimes have a buy 2 get 1  - Early AM in the desert
 - Dubai Creek Boat ride ( need 2.5hrs - Board 8pm - duration 830pm to 1030pm)
- Dubai Gold frame 
- night boat ride along the intercostal
 - Fountain Show on the boardwalk downtown - from 6pm every 30 min (buy a ticket online/walkup to be closer to water but you can still see it without that or if you are eating at Armani Kaf, you can see from the terrace
- Yacht + jet ski rentals
- Dubai Aquarium / underwater zoo
- Yellow Boat (inflatable motor boat) Sightseeing Cruise
- The view at the palm - theviewpalm.ae
- Legoland
- Inside burj al arab insideburjalarab.com

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

« Last edited by hakohen on August 20, 2023, 04:53:22 AM »

Author Topic: Dubai Master Thread  (Read 286787 times)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Re: Dubai Master Thread
« Reply #1180 on: February 17, 2022, 05:51:25 PM »
What's the name of the app?
Al Hosn, but it's unnecessary

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 25, 2022, 07:09:00 AM »
Anyone else with experience doing the kosher desert trip?
worth the premium over a regular provider?

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 25, 2022, 08:03:29 AM »
yes
was very nice and if you count in a free dinner, its not a high premium at all

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 26, 2022, 03:13:02 PM »
Recommedations for a city day tour for a family?

Offline 1avigrun

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: February 26, 2022, 07:27:59 PM »
yes
was very nice and if you count in a free dinner, its not a high premium at all
how far is it from Al maha

Offline mikel1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: March 04, 2022, 01:04:42 PM »
looking for good Marriott hotel recommendations for 2 nights in Dubai (weekday).. preferably near a shul and kosher food (can take taxis etc..) I was looking into the St Regis there and possibly the Edition.. anyone has any experience with either one or other Marriott properties they would recommend?

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 13, 2022, 01:00:42 AM »
Short TR.

Flights:
Due to the airport security kerfuffle, part of family's tickets were canceled on the TLV-DXB leg.

The downside was that part of the grp had to fly direct to AUH. Several flew direct on EY, and the rest flew via Cairo, which became a hassle as airport security gave them a tough time with continued requests to look at the passport and taking them around the airport.

The minor upside was that LY upgraded their single flight that day to a 787 so 2 of the pax who were booked originally in J were able to have a top notch product for such a short flight. Menu attached.

Hotel
We prefer to avoid city hotels, so booked the Le Meridien Mina Seyahi. The hotel shares a property with the Westin, so has a lot of beachfront (facing the marina, so not a typical beachfront), small waterpark, and multiple pools.

Due to busy season, rates were running approx $400, but used a mix of 35k certs and 40k points in order to book.

Were very happy with the facilities, and would happily return. However, we have our eyes on the Lapita, Dubai Parks and Resorts for the next visit.

Activities

Obviously, this is all subjective and subject to budgetary and time constraints, along with the ages of the visitors.
Rankings are 1-10

Global Village: 8 - Shows on the main stage weren't impressive, but the smaller shows in individual pavilions were quite interesting. Fun shopping, and some beautiful pavilions.

Dubai Miracle Garden: 7 - Unique sculptures, pleasant to walk around. It's not a botanical garden, so not a large variety of flowers, the focus is on the sculptures and the masses of flowers used in each.

Ski Dubai: 7 - Score is only this high if coming from a country with no snow, so the experience is unique for children. If you're coming from a place where it's easy to go skiing and sledding, i'd advise skipping this.

Kosher Desert tour: 4 - On the plus side, the food was good, the shows were enjoyable, and the desert bashing was fun for the time it lasted. Cons were the price premium you pay for the kosher food and lack of a belly dancing show, the 'camel ride' which involved walking in a circle with a 5 yard diameter, the long drives to the location which uses up valuable vacation time, along with the tourist trap at the first stop where the quads can be rented. We passed on doing the quads and asked the drivers to skip this part, but they refused. (The organizer told us afterwards that the drivers should have heeded our requests.)

If you want a desert experience, and the food experience isn't important, i'd advise looking at groupon for examples of providers that focus on only several desert experiences and cuts out some of the fluff. However, if the meal is important to you, and the length of time isn't a bother, then this will rate higher in your eyes.

Fountain show: 9 - We watched from the side. Eating at the Armani would probably elevate the experience even further.

Global Expo: 9 - Only had time to see a fraction of the exhibits, but enjoyed the ones we saw.

Offline Dave321

• View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 20, 2022, 01:14:56 AM »
How's the breakfast at Hilton and does it cost extra

Offline BrooklynCPA

• View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 03, 2022, 11:37:33 AM »
Looking to rent a nice Yacht for 25 people. The prices are much cheaper through the discount sites than direct. Has anyone had a good experience or can recommend any specific companies to deal with?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 03, 2022, 03:46:27 PM »
Google Maps doesn’t show a route - is it possible to walk from The Palm to the Address Dubai Marina?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Naftuli19

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I wish all...
« Reply #1190 on: April 04, 2022, 02:28:24 PM »
looking for good Marriott hotel recommendations for 2 nights in Dubai (weekday).. preferably near a shul and kosher food (can take taxis etc..) I was looking into the St Regis there and possibly the Edition.. anyone has any experience with either one or other Marriott properties they would recommend?
i was at the ritz in JB, was looking into STR but they did not have a beach
Sometimes You Will Never Know the True Value of A Moment Until It's Become A Memory...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline 1avigrun

• View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 19, 2022, 12:04:47 PM »
Anyone have any luck getting kosher from Al maha?

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 17, 2022, 07:59:07 AM »
Planning a Honeymoon, leaving TLV-DXB then DXB-MLE, the plan is to stay in Dubai over shabbos any trip reports discuss this scenario? Do I need to bring any food to Dubai? Are there shabbos catering? Is PH an option for over shabbos? I'm starting from scratch these are just some of questions off the  top of my head. If anyone has any input that would enhance planning or HM please let me know. Thanks

Offline Drago

• View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: May 17, 2022, 08:44:43 AM »
Planning a Honeymoon, leaving TLV-DXB then DXB-MLE, the plan is to stay in Dubai over shabbos any trip reports discuss this scenario? Do I need to bring any food to Dubai? Are there shabbos catering? Is PH an option for over shabbos? I'm starting from scratch these are just some of questions off the  top of my head. If anyone has any input that would enhance planning or HM please let me know. Thanks
regarding shabbat food
https://www.jewishuae.com/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/4937910/jewish/SHABBAT-MEALS.htm

Offline 1avigrun

• View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: May 17, 2022, 08:50:31 AM »

My experience in the address marina with Chabad was really beautiful and convenient met other people there From All over food was pretty good

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 17, 2022, 11:26:46 AM »

My experience in the address marina with Chabad was really beautiful and convenient met other people there From All over food was pretty good

Thanks you booked with cash?

Offline tavster

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #1197 on: May 17, 2022, 11:29:03 AM »
Planning a Honeymoon, leaving TLV-DXB then DXB-MLE.
Where are you staying in the Maldives?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: May 17, 2022, 12:10:59 PM »
Plenty of Kosher food of all types in Dubai.
Re Shabbos you have to specify if you want a minyan/communal meals
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #1199 on: May 17, 2022, 11:03:50 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/05/middleeast/israel-uae-death-sentence-intl/index.html
This was a Palestinian woman who was selling cocaine and was caught with half a kilo of coke.

Don’t sell cocaine in an Arab country.

(It appears they hand out “death sentences” liberally but rarely if ever go through with them, instead usually resulting in a prison sentence.)
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.