Topic Wiki

There are no issues with:

• Having Jewish items
  • Looking Jewish
  • Bringing in food or alcohol
  • Having Israeli stamps in your passport.

List of TR's:
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/trip-notes/maldives-trip-notes-part-2-dubai-and-abu-dhabi/
Sam28 TR
UAE- Abu Dhabi and Dubai TR with lots of links for attractions and food etc (maybe s/o would copy+paste from there to here)

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:
for up to date and more info see https://chabad.ae/kosher/

TLV Restaurant - Location in the H hotel  - For reservations: Call: +97142435711  / WhatsApp: +971522209155
The Kosher Place - Location Jumeriah Creekside Hotel - For reservations, please WhatsApp +972559453118
Mul hayam
Armani Kaf - Location Armani Hotel - Reservation online or email Restaurant.Reservations@armanihotels.com (sometimes it wont show available online but over email they'll confirm)
King David Kitchen kingdavidkitchen.com
Kosher coffee Bibi

Synagogue:
PM Dan for contact info.

Things to Do:

Sites to find deals:
  Groupon.ae
  Greatdeals.ae
  getyourguide.com
  klook.com
  tiqets.com

- Miracle Garden (need 1-2 hours) - https://www.dubaimiraclegarden.com/
 - Global Village  (Need 3-4 hours - opens at 4pm ) - https://www.globalvillage.ae/en/home-page
 - Xline - zip thru the marina (need max 1 hour from checkin till land back) - Book online in advance to secure a spot - http://xline.xdubai.com/
 - Desert Adventure - (need 6 hours - from 3pm -9pm) - Includes Quad Biking, Dune Bashing, Camel rides, BBQ dinner in a camp site while watching Cultural shows  - https://www.desertadventures.com/  - There is a Kosher catered tour that is highly recommended , every tuesday , Whatsapp +972 58-551-1911 for reservations , full Kosher BBQ and "kosher" cultural shows
- 3 Main Malls - Mall in Marina (Basic) , Mall of Emirates (huge mall - Has indoor ski) , Mall of Dubai (downtown -even bigger mall has aquarium inside and is a very high end shopping mall)
 - Gold / Perfume / Spice Souk - Marketplace in Deira area (need half a day minimum for this)
 - Burj Khalifa - View points from above - Buy tickets online in advance for best price - https://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/index.aspx  - best to go in evening time before sunset  - Theres also a VIP option to skip the lines
 - Dubai Sky Dive
 - Helicopter ride - recommended is the 22 min flight option
 - Hot Air balloon - https://www.ballooning.ae/ - check the deal sites sometimes have a buy 2 get 1  - Early AM in the desert
 - Dubai Creek Boat ride ( need 2.5hrs - Board 8pm - duration 830pm to 1030pm)
- Dubai Gold frame 
- night boat ride along the intercostal
 - Fountain Show on the boardwalk downtown - from 6pm every 30 min (buy a ticket online/walkup to be closer to water but you can still see it without that or if you are eating at Armani Kaf, you can see from the terrace
- Yacht + jet ski rentals
- Dubai Aquarium / underwater zoo
- Yellow Boat (inflatable motor boat) Sightseeing Cruise
- The view at the palm - theviewpalm.ae
- Legoland
- Inside burj al arab insideburjalarab.com

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

« Last edited by hakohen on August 20, 2023, 04:53:22 AM »

Author Topic: Dubai Master Thread  (Read 283174 times)

Offline MosheP

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dubai Master Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2014, 03:44:19 PM »
I'm planning a 1 day itinerary for Dubai. The forums are pretty limited with information.

So far I have the Burj observation deck, and  nearby the Dubai Mall with ice rink and aquarium. The latest available slot for the Burj on my day is 2:30PM, so I guess I'll do the mall after that. I need to find what to do from 10-2 and from 5-11.

I know here is a second mall, Mall of the Emirates with the indoor Skiing. Is it worthwhile to see both? I'm traveling with a (male) friend, so we will pass on all the shopping, and swooning over shoes, bags etc...

What else is there to see/do?

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2014, 06:06:19 PM »
why would you go ice skating in dubai? no ice skating rinks in XXE?

If you can spring for it, a seaplane ride over the city is a really cool experience. afternoon tea at the burj al arab is considered a must do, or possibly a jeep ride over the dunes

Offline Bostener

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2014, 06:21:35 PM »

If you can spring for it, a seaplane ride over the city is a really cool experience. afternoon tea at the burj al arab is considered a must do, or possibly a jeep ride over the dunes

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Where could we get more info :D
Airlines sending me "We're in this together" emails.

Bruh, where were you when my suitcase weighed it 51.50 pounds?

Online ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2014, 06:36:13 PM »
Sounds like a lot of fun.

Where could we get more info :D

The guys @ Lonelyplanet know everything(Except for miles and points) and they reply fast:
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forum.jspa?forumID=18

Also TripAdvisor and google are useful also Ski Dubai is cute to see not a must, you can take the Dubai Metro which is very safe and clean.

Offline Bostener

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2014, 06:42:53 PM »
Thanks, what about kosher?
Airlines sending me "We're in this together" emails.

Bruh, where were you when my suitcase weighed it 51.50 pounds?

Online ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2014, 06:49:54 PM »
Thanks, what about kosher?

0 Kosher in DXB, a friend who lives a DXB told me there is a frum family that does Shabos in DXB, I dont know the exact details nor will I ever expose who they are publicly on this forum, due to safety issues.

Offline MosheP

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2014, 06:20:09 AM »
Quick note regarding At The Top  observation deck at the Burj Khalifa. Advance tickets sell out pretty quickly. If the time/date tou want isnt available, try looking at a combo ticket for at the top and a boulevard bus tour. Its 5 AED more ($1.25) and it opens up all times and dates.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2014, 06:43:29 AM »
Quick note regarding At The Top  observation deck at the Burj Khalifa. Advance tickets sell out pretty quickly. If the time/date tou want isnt available, try looking at a combo ticket for at the top and a boulevard bus tour. Its 5 AED more ($1.25) and it opens up all times and dates.
wow, thats a pretty neat trick

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2014, 12:49:55 PM »
wow, thats a pretty neat trick

+1
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline E

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2014, 09:47:38 AM »
I'm planning a 1 day itinerary for Dubai. The forums are pretty limited with information.

So far I have the Burj observation deck, and  nearby the Dubai Mall with ice rink and aquarium. The latest available slot for the Burj on my day is 2:30PM, so I guess I'll do the mall after that. I need to find what to do from 10-2 and from 5-11.

I know here is a second mall, Mall of the Emirates with the indoor Skiing. Is it worthwhile to see both? I'm traveling with a (male) friend, so we will pass on all the shopping, and swooning over shoes, bags etc...

What else is there to see/do?

Check out the gold and spice souk

Online ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2014, 11:38:16 AM »
Check out the gold and spice souk

I checked it out, the souks in israel and turkey are much nicer and looks more ali babba style  then these new modern  souks in Dubai.

Offline xtian001

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2014, 01:49:56 AM »
Been at "At The Top  observation deck at the Burj Khalifa" and found it basically worthless for the price. I'm not sure how many times you've been to observation decks but I'd rather spend money elsewhere. The let you ride an elevator which they say is one of the fastest but then you don't feel it as it is enclosed, no view of the outside while going up. Once on top, you're just looking at the city from the top, and it's full of buildings as expected. No real sights. But that's my personal opinion.

The only thing I really liked about Dubai was Atlantis. Other places as the indoor ski wasn't really exciting nor the indoor aquarium, though I've tried both. Go for a sand dune ride or camping for it to feel different, visit a souq if you haven't been in one.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2014, 03:15:07 PM »
Gonna be in DXB for about 24 hours in the coming weeks.

Though I know it will pale in comparison to the normal boarding I do, I don't think I can pass up a few runs at Ski Dubai.

Also, thinking about springing for tea at the Burj, even though I likely will not be able to partake. Anyone done tea at Burj al Arab?

I know reviews, like the one above, say to skip the Khalifa, I'd love to be able to be atop the tallest building in the world.

Anyone have a link/recommendation for sand dune ride?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline dovid2880

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2014, 03:26:00 PM »
Re Khalifa, make sure you pay and reserve a spot at least a day in advance. Last year it was a $100 difference in price (or more).

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2014, 03:28:10 PM »
Re Khalifa, make sure you pay and reserve a spot at least a day in advance. Last year it was a $100 difference in price (or more).

Yeah, thanks. I'm not going for several weeks.

Offline dovid2880

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2014, 03:30:57 PM »
Oh, and DO go. True, the views are unlike what you get to see in Kuala Lumpur, HK, etc. Dubai in general is not a city with character, every corner screams man made. But still worth it to go up IMO.

Offline Suave

• DansDeals Developer
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
    • SWIZU Web Development
  • Programs: Photoshop
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2014, 03:53:28 PM »
Gonna be in DXB for about 24 hours in the coming weeks.

Though I know it will pale in comparison to the normal boarding I do, I don't think I can pass up a few runs at Ski Dubai.

Also, thinking about springing for tea at the Burj, even though I likely will not be able to partake. Anyone done tea at Burj al Arab?

I know reviews, like the one above, say to skip the Khalifa, I'd love to be able to be atop the tallest building in the world.

Anyone have a link/recommendation for sand dune ride?

While the view may be overrated im still glad I got it off my bucket list.  Can't say much for the tea - did not even bother looking it up.

I looked for sand duning but could not find any good deals, although i saw some very cool options in Doha.
DDMS Built with ♥ by SWIZU

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2014, 11:57:46 AM »
Sand duning is all over groupon and similar sites. Unfortunately none of the proprietors on groupon are ranked on TA...

Offline chuchem

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2014, 12:33:52 PM »
Try to go to the hotel for evening drinks instead of tea. nicer atmosphere
I did the ski and the Khalifa, not amazing, but something for the bucket list and a must do

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2014, 12:34:48 PM »
Try to go to the hotel for evening drinks instead of tea. nicer atmosphere
I did the ski and the Khalifa, not amazing, but something for the bucket list and a must do

How do I get into the Burj for evening drinks?

Yeah, I figure the ski and khalifa are must dos.