Topic Wiki

There are no issues with:

• Having Jewish items
  • Looking Jewish
  • Bringing in food or alcohol
  • Having Israeli stamps in your passport.

List of TR's:
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/trip-notes/maldives-trip-notes-part-2-dubai-and-abu-dhabi/
Sam28 TR
UAE- Abu Dhabi and Dubai TR with lots of links for attractions and food etc (maybe s/o would copy+paste from there to here)

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:
for up to date and more info see https://chabad.ae/kosher/

TLV Restaurant - Location in the H hotel  - For reservations: Call: +97142435711  / WhatsApp: +971522209155
The Kosher Place - Location Jumeriah Creekside Hotel - For reservations, please WhatsApp +972559453118
Mul hayam
Armani Kaf - Location Armani Hotel - Reservation online or email Restaurant.Reservations@armanihotels.com (sometimes it wont show available online but over email they'll confirm)
King David Kitchen kingdavidkitchen.com
Kosher coffee Bibi

Synagogue:
PM Dan for contact info.

Things to Do:

Sites to find deals:
  Groupon.ae
  Greatdeals.ae
  getyourguide.com
  klook.com
  tiqets.com

- Miracle Garden (need 1-2 hours) - https://www.dubaimiraclegarden.com/
 - Global Village  (Need 3-4 hours - opens at 4pm ) - https://www.globalvillage.ae/en/home-page
 - Xline - zip thru the marina (need max 1 hour from checkin till land back) - Book online in advance to secure a spot - http://xline.xdubai.com/
 - Desert Adventure - (need 6 hours - from 3pm -9pm) - Includes Quad Biking, Dune Bashing, Camel rides, BBQ dinner in a camp site while watching Cultural shows  - https://www.desertadventures.com/  - There is a Kosher catered tour that is highly recommended , every tuesday , Whatsapp +972 58-551-1911 for reservations , full Kosher BBQ and "kosher" cultural shows
- 3 Main Malls - Mall in Marina (Basic) , Mall of Emirates (huge mall - Has indoor ski) , Mall of Dubai (downtown -even bigger mall has aquarium inside and is a very high end shopping mall)
 - Gold / Perfume / Spice Souk - Marketplace in Deira area (need half a day minimum for this)
 - Burj Khalifa - View points from above - Buy tickets online in advance for best price - https://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/index.aspx  - best to go in evening time before sunset  - Theres also a VIP option to skip the lines
 - Dubai Sky Dive
 - Helicopter ride - recommended is the 22 min flight option
 - Hot Air balloon - https://www.ballooning.ae/ - check the deal sites sometimes have a buy 2 get 1  - Early AM in the desert
 - Dubai Creek Boat ride ( need 2.5hrs - Board 8pm - duration 830pm to 1030pm)
- Dubai Gold frame 
- night boat ride along the intercostal
 - Fountain Show on the boardwalk downtown - from 6pm every 30 min (buy a ticket online/walkup to be closer to water but you can still see it without that or if you are eating at Armani Kaf, you can see from the terrace
- Yacht + jet ski rentals
- Dubai Aquarium / underwater zoo
- Yellow Boat (inflatable motor boat) Sightseeing Cruise
- The view at the palm - theviewpalm.ae
- Legoland
- Inside burj al arab insideburjalarab.com

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

« Last edited by hakohen on August 20, 2023, 04:53:22 AM »

Author Topic: Dubai Master Thread  (Read 283259 times)

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
Re: Dubai Master Thread
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2014, 12:25:10 PM »
American arrested for takings "illegal" pictures. See here.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2014, 12:27:32 PM »
Gosh. I'm a big fan of the UAE, but this stuff makes it hard to continue to be.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2014, 12:30:55 PM »
List of some laws to know here.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2014, 05:38:17 AM »
After skimming through this thread, it seems that quantity-wise, most things to see/do are in Dubai, with the only major attraction in Abu Dhabi being the mosque. So... if I would land in AUH at 3 PM and depart 2 days later in the evening, please tell me if the following sounds like a good idea: have the Etihad chauffeur take me directly to Dubai, spend the evening/night, following day, and second night in Dubai; then have the Etihad chauffeur pick me up early from Dubai on the day of departure, check my luggage in at AUH (will the even let me me that early? :o) and then spend the morning/afternoon visiting the mosque (and whatever) before heading to the Etihad lounge until my flight.

Makes sense? :)

Offline Suave

• DansDeals Developer
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
    • SWIZU Web Development
  • Programs: Photoshop
« Reply #164 on: November 06, 2014, 06:13:18 AM »
After skimming through this thread, it seems that quantity-wise, most things to see/do are in Dubai, with the only major attraction in Abu Dhabi being the mosque. So... if I would land in AUH at 3 PM and depart 2 days later in the evening, please tell me if the following sounds like a good idea: have the Etihad chauffeur take me directly to Dubai, spend the evening/night, following day, and second night in Dubai; then have the Etihad chauffeur pick me up early from Dubai on the day of departure, check my luggage in at AUH (will the even let me me that early? :o) and then spend the morning/afternoon visiting the mosque (and whatever) before heading to the Etihad lounge until my flight.

Yes! (if you are adventurous, you can even spend a night in a desert resort outside of dubai)
DDMS Built with ♥ by SWIZU

Offline Hershelsdeals

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2014, 07:54:01 AM »
Yes! (if you are adventurous, you can even spend a night in a desert resort outside of dubai)

The  EY chauffeur is for departure and arrival?

Offline MEIR613

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2014, 08:11:38 AM »
The  EY chauffeur is for departure and arrival?
Yup.

Offline Hershelsdeals

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2014, 08:13:09 AM »

Offline MEIR613

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 06, 2014, 08:18:21 AM »

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2014, 08:18:42 AM »

How are you booking a stopover on EY?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #170 on: November 06, 2014, 08:20:36 AM »
Yup.

Not on connections, though.

Any idea if Etihad will give me any problems having a chauffeur for both drop-off AND pick-up? My flights would be two days apart, but on the same PNR (if I go through with this). Do I have to worry about this:

Arriving into AUH I had an Audi drive me from AUH to Dubai which is a good hour drive, return to AUH Etihad claimed that since I'm on transfer no limo pickup from Dubai, but I could take the free Etihad shuttle bus from Dubai which you get a free bottle of water

...and ual902 mentioned being in AUH over Shabbos (implying a stop of greater than 24 hours). Could that be a problem?

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 06, 2014, 08:21:17 AM »
How are you booking a stopover on EY?

Award has to be split anyway, due to routing issues, so may as well take advantage.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 06, 2014, 08:22:01 AM »
Yup.

But not on a connection.

(Though they'll often provide drop off on a connection, but not pick-up.)

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 06, 2014, 08:44:45 AM »
But not on a connection.

(Though they'll often provide drop off on a connection, but not pick-up.)

Hence my question:

Any idea if Etihad will give me any problems having a chauffeur for both drop-off AND pick-up? My flights would be two days apart, but on the same PNR (if I go through with this). Do I have to worry about this:

...and ual902 mentioned being in AUH over Shabbos (implying a stop of greater than 24 hours). Could that be a problem?

i.e. Will the fact that they are on the same PNR cause EY to consider it a "connection" or "transfer", despite being longer than 24 hours?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #174 on: November 06, 2014, 08:52:30 AM »
American arrested for takings "illegal" pictures. See here.
List of some laws to know here.
Wow, why have these photo laws never been posted here or in any of the BA TRs on DXB?
I'd have gone and gotten arrested for sure :P
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2014, 09:19:23 AM »
Hence my question:

i.e. Will the fact that they are on the same PNR cause EY to consider it a "connection" or "transfer", despite being longer than 24 hours?

Of course not.

Which is implied by my post.

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2014, 09:30:45 AM »
Of course not.

Which is implied by my post.

Yes, but this is what's getting me nervous...

I Was in Dubai several Months ago for Shabos, KTM- Big Stopover in AUH-JFK Etihad First Class Suites using AA 90K,
Arriving into AUH I had an Audi drive me from AUH to Dubai which is a good hour drive, return to AUH Etihad claimed that since I'm on transfer no limo pickup from Dubai, but I could take the free Etihad shuttle bus from Dubai which you get a free bottle of water

ual902 clearly stayed more than 24 hours, if it was for Shabbos, and yet was seemingly denied the return limo on grounds that it's a "connection". So what's their determining policy?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 06, 2014, 09:32:43 AM »
Blah blah.

But if you don't believe me, just book on separate PNRs.

Besides, there's a stirah minei ubei with the first post you quoted.

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 06, 2014, 09:56:38 AM »
Blah blah.

But if you don't believe me, just book on separate PNRs.

Can't. They're currently held one one PNR, and the agent says they can't be split without risking losing the seats.

And I believe you; I just want to be 100% certain.

Besides, there's a stirah minei ubei with the first post you quoted.

Or maybe just not well-written. :P

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 06, 2014, 09:58:10 AM »
Can't. They're currently held one one PNR, and the agent says they can't be split without risking losing the seats.

And I believe you; I just want to be 100% certain.

Or maybe just not well-written. :P

If it's held, and you're not willing to risk splitting, it is what it is then.

Either you'll get it or you won't.