Topic Wiki

There are no issues with:

• Having Jewish items
  • Looking Jewish
  • Bringing in food or alcohol
  • Having Israeli stamps in your passport.

List of TR's:
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/trip-notes/maldives-trip-notes-part-2-dubai-and-abu-dhabi/
Sam28 TR
UAE- Abu Dhabi and Dubai TR with lots of links for attractions and food etc (maybe s/o would copy+paste from there to here)

Kosher Food/ Restaurants:
for up to date and more info see https://chabad.ae/kosher/

TLV Restaurant - Location in the H hotel  - For reservations: Call: +97142435711  / WhatsApp: +971522209155
The Kosher Place - Location Jumeriah Creekside Hotel - For reservations, please WhatsApp +972559453118
Mul hayam
Armani Kaf - Location Armani Hotel - Reservation online or email Restaurant.Reservations@armanihotels.com (sometimes it wont show available online but over email they'll confirm)
King David Kitchen kingdavidkitchen.com
Kosher coffee Bibi

Synagogue:
PM Dan for contact info.

Things to Do:

Sites to find deals:
  Groupon.ae
  Greatdeals.ae
  getyourguide.com
  klook.com
  tiqets.com

- Miracle Garden (need 1-2 hours) - https://www.dubaimiraclegarden.com/
 - Global Village  (Need 3-4 hours - opens at 4pm ) - https://www.globalvillage.ae/en/home-page
 - Xline - zip thru the marina (need max 1 hour from checkin till land back) - Book online in advance to secure a spot - http://xline.xdubai.com/
 - Desert Adventure - (need 6 hours - from 3pm -9pm) - Includes Quad Biking, Dune Bashing, Camel rides, BBQ dinner in a camp site while watching Cultural shows  - https://www.desertadventures.com/  - There is a Kosher catered tour that is highly recommended , every tuesday , Whatsapp +972 58-551-1911 for reservations , full Kosher BBQ and "kosher" cultural shows
- 3 Main Malls - Mall in Marina (Basic) , Mall of Emirates (huge mall - Has indoor ski) , Mall of Dubai (downtown -even bigger mall has aquarium inside and is a very high end shopping mall)
 - Gold / Perfume / Spice Souk - Marketplace in Deira area (need half a day minimum for this)
 - Burj Khalifa - View points from above - Buy tickets online in advance for best price - https://www.burjkhalifa.ae/en/index.aspx  - best to go in evening time before sunset  - Theres also a VIP option to skip the lines
 - Dubai Sky Dive
 - Helicopter ride - recommended is the 22 min flight option
 - Hot Air balloon - https://www.ballooning.ae/ - check the deal sites sometimes have a buy 2 get 1  - Early AM in the desert
 - Dubai Creek Boat ride ( need 2.5hrs - Board 8pm - duration 830pm to 1030pm)
- Dubai Gold frame 
- night boat ride along the intercostal
 - Fountain Show on the boardwalk downtown - from 6pm every 30 min (buy a ticket online/walkup to be closer to water but you can still see it without that or if you are eating at Armani Kaf, you can see from the terrace
- Yacht + jet ski rentals
- Dubai Aquarium / underwater zoo
- Yellow Boat (inflatable motor boat) Sightseeing Cruise
- The view at the palm - theviewpalm.ae
- Legoland
- Inside burj al arab insideburjalarab.com

Hotels:

Getting Around:

Notes:

« Last edited by hakohen on August 20, 2023, 04:53:22 AM »

Author Topic: Dubai Master Thread  (Read 283304 times)

Offline jewdkoff

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dubai Master Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2014, 04:31:07 PM »
Same.

How far will the Chauffeur take you? AUH to DXB seems pretty far.

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2014, 04:38:55 PM »
There is a drop down menu of all the cities it will take you. DXB is on it.

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2014, 04:49:38 PM »

According to the EY site, anywhere in the UAE is fine. And I confirmed it with an EY phone rep as well.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2014, 05:10:35 PM »
Yep. EK took me from DXB all the way to Grand Mosque without issue.

He even offered to wait for us and take us back to DXB.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2014, 07:53:42 PM »
He even offered to wait for us and take us back to DXB.

Nice! You took him up on it, I presume? Would hate to see the taxi bill, otherwise... :P

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2014, 08:21:18 PM »
I didn't. At the time, I wasn't sure of our plans, nor was I sure how long we'd stay at the mosque. I didn't want his waiting hanging over our heads.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »
I didn't. At the time, I wasn't sure of our plans, nor was I sure how long we'd stay at the mosque. I didn't want his waiting hanging over our heads.

Wow. So how much did the return trip cost you? :o

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2014, 08:44:35 PM »
U-B-E-R  :D

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 06, 2014, 09:37:55 PM »
U-B-E-R  :D

Unless you had free credit built up, that must've cost you something... no?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2014, 09:40:06 PM »
I did have free credit. Alas, it doesn't work outside USA. I'd have to check my receipts. But it didn't matter. The convenience was  worth every dime. 

Offline twentie4hrs

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Dubai Master Thread
« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2014, 10:10:43 PM »
Alas? Really? :)
A penny saved is 1 cent

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 09, 2014, 04:12:08 AM »
After skimming through this thread, it seems that quantity-wise, most things to see/do are in Dubai, with the only major attraction in Abu Dhabi being the mosque. So... if I would land in AUH at 3 PM and depart 2 days later in the evening, please tell me if the following sounds like a good idea: have the Etihad chauffeur take me directly to Dubai, spend the evening/night, following day, and second night in Dubai; then have the Etihad chauffeur pick me up early from Dubai on the day of departure, check my luggage in at AUH (will the even let me me that early? :o) and then spend the morning/afternoon visiting the mosque (and whatever) before heading to the Etihad lounge until my flight.

Makes sense? :)

Update: Might make sense for me to cut my time slightly shorter, if reasonably possible (due to scheduling conflicts with the next part of the trip), and therefore would like to get some opinions:

Original plan was 2 days, 6 hours - for example, if I arrive Monday at 3 PM, I would depart Wednesday at 9 PM. New possibilities being considered, using the same sample arrival day/time of Monday, 3 PM are 1) depart Tuesday at 9 PM, or 2) Wednesday at 10 AM.

Option 1 is more attractive from a routing perspective, but I would seriously consider option 2 if people tell me that I will be severely hampering myself by cutting down my time there to just 30 hours. And I would skip 2 as well, and leave things the way they are, if people think that the full two-days-and-six-hours are absolutely necessary to properly enjoy the experience.

Any opinions?

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 09, 2014, 04:13:38 AM »
(if you are adventurous, you can even spend a night in a desert resort outside of dubai)

Care to elaborate? :)

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2014, 05:10:47 AM »
I landed at 15:00 and left next night at midnight
I didn't do abu dhabi, but since you land thereor depart from there it can be done on way. I think it's enough time...

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 09, 2014, 06:58:58 AM »
Personally, I wouldn't choose anything less than option 2. We found the UAE to be extremely interesting.

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 09, 2014, 06:17:33 PM »
I landed at 15:00 and left next night at midnight
I didn't do abu dhabi, but since you land thereor depart from there it can be done on way. I think it's enough time...
Personally, I wouldn't choose anything less than option 2. We found the UAE to be extremely interesting.

Looks like option 1 is out anyway, on account of availability (or rather, lack thereof). So now the question is, option 2, or original plan?

Also, if I go with option 2 (10 AM flight), should I spend the night in the lounge rather than paying big bucks for a hotel, which I will need to check out of at 6 AM anyway? And for that matter... would EY let me check in the night before in the first place, or will they tell me to come back in the morning?

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 09, 2014, 06:36:31 PM »
Looks like option 1 is out anyway, on account of availability (or rather, lack thereof). So now the question is, option 2, or original plan?

Also, if I go with option 2 (10 AM flight), should I spend the night in the lounge rather than paying big bucks for a hotel, which I will need to check out of at 6 AM anyway? And for that matter... would EY let me check in the night before in the first place, or will they tell me to come back in the morning?

I had a problem with EY, I showed at 10PM for my 9AM AUH>JFK flight,  at first the check-in agent who were Filipino, asked Immigration officers  to allow me to check-in early but they said no, they said I could wait till 3AM sitting at the huge check in couches and I did not mind, but another agent asked again a nice customs officer allowed me to depart at 11pm I ended up staying all night in the EY F lounge which got me 2 Massages, one before dinner and one after breakfast. all I can say this was a very memorable experience.

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2014, 06:43:34 PM »
I had a problem with EY, I showed at 10PM for my 9AM AUH>JFK flight,  at first the check-in agent who were Filipino, asked Immigration officers  to allow me to check-in early but they said no, they said I could wait till 3AM sitting at the huge check in couches and I did not mind, but another agent asked again a nice customs officer allowed me to depart at 11pm I ended up staying all night in the EY F lounge which got me 2 Massages, one before dinner and one after breakfast. all I can say this was a very memorable experience.

Thanks for the tip. I most certainly do not want to risk being stuck until 3 AM... :(

The whole point would be to check in sometime in the evening (so that I can get rid of my luggage), and then still go out and see the city a bit (or whatever) without dragging my stuff around, before heading to the lounge for the night. So I'm guessing that ain't gonna happen...?

Offline ual902

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 09, 2014, 06:57:22 PM »
Thanks for the tip. I most certainly do not want to risk being stuck until 3 AM... :(

The whole point would be to check in sometime in the evening (so that I can get rid of my luggage), and then still go out and see the city a bit (or whatever) without dragging my stuff around, before heading to the lounge for the night. So I'm guessing that ain't gonna happen...?

My story was in 2012, but read this: http://www.etihad.com/en-us/before-you-fly/city-check-in/

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2014, 07:37:29 PM »
Is there any Halachah Shayleh about going to a mosque?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.