Author Topic: Baume and Mercier Watch Band  (Read 2641 times)

Offline Danny29

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Baume and Mercier Watch Band
« on: March 14, 2013, 03:35:06 PM »
I got a nice Baume and Mercier watch when I got engaged 3 years ago. The leather band has since worn through and ripped, and I need a new band. To buy an official Baume and Mercier band, is more than a third the price of the watch. ($500 just for a band). Ive heard of people having this problem with leather bands, and Ive heard you can buy fake copys for cheap. Anyone know about this???

Offline Yossi.

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Baume and Mercier Watch Band
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 04:37:40 PM »
I got a nice Baume and Mercier watch when I got engaged 3 years ago. The leather band has since worn through and ripped, and I need a new band. To buy an official Baume and Mercier band, is more than a third the price of the watch. ($500 just for a band). Ive heard of people having this problem with leather bands, and Ive heard you can buy fake copys for cheap. Anyone know about this???
Happened to me on my Tissot, the leather band made of shark skin or something like that costs about $200 so I bought a cheap knock off that look identical for about $5... and it lasts me about 2 years... The first one I did was in Israel and the second in a watch store on 47th st

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 04:46:09 PM »
yes. Google replica watches. When i was in high school i bought a a replica Patek. Loved it and was well worth the 150
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline Yossi.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 04:49:07 PM »
yes. Google replica watches. When i was in high school i bought a a replica Patek. Loved it and was well worth the 150
r u talking about fake watches or wrist band here??...

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 04:50:11 PM »
r u talking about fake watches or wrist band here??...
sorry. I was taking about wrist watches. But i was trying to say that they also sell bands.
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline nis965

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 07:34:38 PM »
My issue with the band is that it bleeds into all my shirts! I contacted them to have it replaced and they told me it was the way my skin reacted to the leather. Even though I have other leather bands that don't! I still can't find a good replacement.

Offline Yossi.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 08:06:52 PM »
My issue with the band is that it bleeds into all my shirts! I contacted them to have it replaced and they told me it was the way my skin reacted to the leather. Even though I have other leather bands that don't! I still can't find a good replacement.
Happened to me on one of my other stainless steel watch. It would leave blue marks on my wrist.

Offline Mech

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE, United Silver, SkyTeam Silver
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 04:36:46 PM »
My Baume Mercier leather band has worn out and ripped. My brother in law has the same watch but has never worn it because he wants a stainless steel band. He said, that if I find him a stainless steel one, he'll give me his leather one. I've looked around and haven't found anything for under $300. Anyone have any ideas on where to find it cheaper.
TIA

Offline nis965

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 09:18:51 PM »
I purchased a band on eBay. All the hardware from my band I switched into the new one in a couple minutes. No one will ever know it's not an authentic band. It also doesn't bleed onto my shirts!

Offline Mech

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC, National EE, United Silver, SkyTeam Silver
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 09:35:36 PM »

I purchased a band on eBay. All the hardware from my band I switched into the new one in a couple minutes. No one will ever know it's not an authentic band. It also doesn't bleed onto my shirts!
Iv'e seen those on eBay too. They run for about $15-$60. The authentic ones are $300-$500. Can you feel a difference between the two?

Offline nis965

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 11:28:06 PM »
It was a little stiffer until I wore it a bunch of times.  I wasn't going to spend that kind of money and it looks the same so it was a no brainer  for me.