Topic Wiki

Trip Reports, notes and reviews:

Airports:
Foreign visitors staying for more than 24 hours would be expected to pay 350 pesos ($18.50), although giving to the fund is completely Optional.

From airport you can take a private car or shuttle but book it before from someone with 5 star rating from TripAdvisor or Yelp. Many scam artist in the airport.

Getting around town there’s car rental, taxi, bus and Uber. But Uber might not be allowed in your lobby.

Where to stay:  Points?
Hilton Points
Waldorf
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Los Cabos

Marriott Points
Solaz, a Luxury Collection Resort (RECENTLY CLOSED)
JW Marriott
Westin
Fairfield inn

Hyatt Points
The Cape, a Thompson Hotel
Ziva-All inclusive

IHG
Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas

Kosher:
Reb Benny +52 624 133 0489
Baja Kosher (covid currently closed)

"Costco has tuna fish, OU Glatt sausages, Chalav Yisrael Natural and Kosher cheeses, salmon etc.
Walmart, La Comer, Soriana, Chedraui have smoked salmon, fruits, veggies, pastas, eggs, sugars rice, cereal, ketchup, mustard, Dolores brand tuna (not bishul yisrael), etc.
Corn tortillas fresh are usually kosher and they’re shehakol.
Yogurts, milk, and spreads can be found here but they are cholov akum.
If you want Cholov Yisrael milk, we get ours from the farm so let us know earlier and we will try to get you some.
Wine is available at La Europea.
For those looking for ice cream shops that are OUD, there is a Ben and Jerry's and a Haagen Dazz. " -Chabad

Chabad:

What to do:

PLEASE UPDATE

« Last edited by davidmal on March 23, 2023, 03:48:36 PM »

Author Topic: Los Cabos, Mexico Master Thread  (Read 93523 times)

Offline zagguru

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cabos, Mexico Master Thread
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2019, 10:47:13 PM »
Only United has direct flights from nyc to sjd

Only on saturdays for the most part

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2019, 10:47:34 PM »
Right.
Do you know how much it would be with Turkish miles?
did you find saver?

Offline pointer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2019, 10:52:27 PM »

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2019, 10:57:11 PM »
Only on saturdays and sundays for the most part
FTFY

Offline lansky

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2019, 07:31:07 AM »
I just wanted to advise rent from alamo i returned the car 1 and half hours  late no charge and were very straight. also the wa had unbelievable service lets see how long it last since they just took it over other top hotels should learn the art of service from them

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 26, 2019, 10:38:29 AM »
I just wanted to advise rent from alamo i returned the car 1 and half hours  late no charge and were very straight. also the wa had unbelievable service lets see how long it last since they just took it over other top hotels should learn the art of service from them
Can you post more details of the hotel? I don't think we've had anyone post much about it yet after actually staying there.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline lansky

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 26, 2019, 02:53:45 PM »
I stayed in the waldorf austoria cabo for 2 nights in the beginning of december using the aspire  free weekend night and 120k points. I booked the basic room and was upgraded  to a deluxe room, but not 100% which deluxe room because even in the pictures i cant match it up with the website . I rly wanted the dos marias suite but didnt want to push when they said they upgraded  me when i checked in( im sure some ddfrs will get something nicer). I would highly recommend the hotel. Ive been to a bunch of 5 star hotels and the thing that stood stood out the most was the service. All the staff were super nice and helpful and without being overbearing. They offered to clean the garbage out of my car and asked me repeatedly when i was carrying a food tray if they can carry it for me every worker greets you there while passing and whenever  I called for something it didn't take more then 5 minutes most of the time two minutes unlike other top hotels. All the rooms have private plunge pools, however they were on the smaller side and could be seen by the rooms on either side the nicest suites are this least private as I could walk into their pool being its on the ground floor which is weird it could be the highest level rooms are more private but nothing like koh samui which is something I dint realize. The room had a free mini bar not sure if was due to diamond and( free valet )which could be restocked whenever you want, a snack in the afternoon, fruit, and a bottle of taquila which they offer to bubble wrap if u want to take it home. The resort has only around 115 rooms so the grounds werent packed. I was told the chef was aware of kosher and i could go down at 7 am when breakfast started and he can accommodate me but i didnt end up going down. I brought food from home and supper bought food from chabad and ate at table in with firepits near us overlooking the ocean resort swim up bar and restaurants another cool thing about the hotel is before entering after the security gate you go though a tunnel to get to entrance due to it being built out of a mountain ill try post pics. Like i said in the beginning i wonder how long this service will last another reason why i whent in the beginning
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 03:03:58 PM by lansky »

Offline YoelFried

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 26, 2019, 06:31:17 PM »
I stayed in the waldorf austoria cabo for 2 nights in the beginning of december using the aspire  free weekend night and 120k points. I booked the basic room and was upgraded  to a deluxe room, but not 100% which deluxe room because even in the pictures i cant match it up with the website . I rly wanted the dos marias suite but didnt want to push when they said they upgraded  me when i checked in( im sure some ddfrs will get something nicer). I would highly recommend the hotel. Ive been to a bunch of 5 star hotels and the thing that stood stood out the most was the service. All the staff were super nice and helpful and without being overbearing. They offered to clean the garbage out of my car and asked me repeatedly when i was carrying a food tray if they can carry it for me every worker greets you there while passing and whenever  I called for something it didn't take more then 5 minutes most of the time two minutes unlike other top hotels. All the rooms have private plunge pools, however they were on the smaller side and could be seen by the rooms on either side the nicest suites are this least private as I could walk into their pool being its on the ground floor which is weird it could be the highest level rooms are more private but nothing like koh samui which is something I dint realize. The room had a free mini bar not sure if was due to diamond and( free valet )which could be restocked whenever you want, a snack in the afternoon, fruit, and a bottle of taquila which they offer to bubble wrap if u want to take it home. The resort has only around 115 rooms so the grounds werent packed. I was told the chef was aware of kosher and i could go down at 7 am when breakfast started and he can accommodate me but i didnt end up going down. I brought food from home and supper bought food from chabad and ate at table in with firepits near us overlooking the ocean resort swim up bar and restaurants another cool thing about the hotel is before entering after the security gate you go though a tunnel to get to entrance due to it being built out of a mountain ill try post pics. Like i said in the beginning i wonder how long this service will last another reason why i whent in the beginning
Thanks for sharing. I have reservations for a weekend end Jan over shabbos in the Waldorf.
Will stay for 4 nights. Usually I don't like to be away for shabbos but I'll give it a shot. In my profession I can't really stay away in the middle of the week.
Iy"h I'll share my experience

Offline YoelFried

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 26, 2019, 06:32:55 PM »
Now that AA devaluated their miles even more. I'm looking for award availability. I was thinking of using life miles, but award availability is bad there.
If anyone has any ideas please share.

Offline lansky

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 26, 2019, 07:09:13 PM »
United flys nonstop from ewr

Offline lansky

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 27, 2019, 01:03:02 AM »
Here are some pictures from my trip:

Tunnel from resort
20191209_122138 by Issac Johnson, on Flickr

Balcony with plunge pool and view
20191208_164415 by Issac Johnson, on Flickr

Resort beach (water is not safe to swim)
20191210_121042 by Issac Johnson, on Flickr

Sunset view from my room
20191208_174520 by Issac Johnson, on Flickr

Sunset views from resort
20191208_175120 by Issac Johnson, on Flickr
20191208_180728 by Issac Johnson, on Flickr

Sunset at Playa Balandra (2 hour drive from resort)
20191209_174141 by Issac Johnson, on Flickr
20191209_173812 by Issac Johnson, on Flickr

Offline thaber

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2020, 11:41:02 AM »
Thanks for sharing. I have reservations for a weekend end Jan over shabbos in the Waldorf.
Will stay for 4 nights. Usually I don't like to be away for shabbos but I'll give it a shot. In my profession I can't really stay away in the middle of the week.
Iy"h I'll share my experience
How was?

Offline YoelFried

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2020, 06:13:15 PM »
How was?
I am going in a few weeks

Offline YoelFried

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile

Offline YoelFried

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2020, 09:20:21 PM »
Let me know if you can open the links. I'll share some pics as well. I'll try to put together a review.

Offline YoelFried

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2020, 09:21:15 PM »
@Dan Thanks for writing on the Hilton points post about Waldorf Los cabos. We really enjoyed it.

Offline YoelFried

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Los Cabos, Mexico Master Thread
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2020, 09:30:16 PM »
My Review on Waldorf Los Cabos.

Hotel is really nice, very friendly staff, service is excellent. They treat you like a king there, they even gave us Shabbos Candles and a kosher bottle of wine.

Benny Hershkowitz from Chabad is a real help there. The restaurant Baja Kosher has really good food, nothing fancy but delicious.

He can also help you with attractions with big discounts.

Was there on shabbos and chabad had minyan Friday night and shabbos morning with a nice kiddush after davening.

Regarding tznius that was mentioned on the forum, cabo is not like concun. At the Waldorf even at the pool the people dress very tzniusdig. Only proffasaional people come there, junkies can't afford the Waldorf.

I booked a four night stay using Hilton points I got from the personal No AF Hilton 100k Hilton Business 130k and got a free weekend night. And to top up I had a promo amex transfer 1:3 for the balance to get the 4th night. The base rate is 120k a night. I have Gold status from the Amex platinum and got upgraded to a ocean view room from a partial ocean view room.

Let me know if you want to write about anything else.

Offline pointer

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2020, 10:15:21 PM »
My Review on Waldorf Los Cabos.

Hotel is really nice, very friendly staff, service is excellent. They treat you like a king there, they even gave us Shabbos Candles and a kosher bottle of wine.

Benny Hershkowitz from Chabad is a real help there. The restaurant Baja Kosher has really good food, nothing fancy but delicious.

He can also help you with attractions with big discounts.

Was there on shabbos and chabad had minyan Friday night and shabbos morning with a nice kiddush after davening.

Regarding tznius that was mentioned on the forum, cabo is not like concun. At the Waldorf even at the pool the people dress very tzniusdig. Only proffasaional people come there, junkies can't afford the Waldorf.

I booked a four night stay using Hilton points I got from the personal No AF Hilton 100k Hilton Business 130k and got a free weekend night. And to top up I had a promo amex transfer 1:3 for the balance to get the 4th night. The base rate is 120k a night. I have Gold status from the Amex platinum and got upgraded to a ocean view room from a partial ocean view room.

Let me know if you want to write about anything else.
Any Shabbos issues with the hotel?
Does chabad offer meals?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2020, 10:18:56 PM »
@Dan Thanks for writing on the Hilton points post about Waldorf Los cabos. We really enjoyed it.
Awesome!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline thaber

• View Profile