Author Topic: quickbooks problem + solution  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Q274

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: barely
quickbooks problem + solution
« on: March 19, 2013, 10:30:22 AM »
the past few days i have been having an issue logging into quickbooks from my computer (ETA: both my laptop and my desktop are apple products might have been the cause not sure)

either way with the help of a friend i figured out that if you google quickbooks login and go that route it works. So for all those having that issue this is the solution.

PEACE

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: quickbooks problem + solution
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 10:48:43 AM »
the past few days i have been having an issue logging into quickbooks from my computer (ETA: both my laptop and my desktop are apple products might have been the cause not sure)

either way with the help of a friend i figured out that if you google quickbooks login and go that route it works. So for all those having that issue this is the solution.

PEACE

If you Google pretty much any problem you're having, you'll find a solution.

Offline Q274

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 10:51:06 AM »
If you Google pretty much any problem you're having, you'll find a solution.
so whats the point of thsi forum just google it :-)

I was not saying google it and you will find a solution i was saying google the login and go through quickbooks that way.

PEACE

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 10:56:21 AM »
so whats the point of thsi forum just google it :-)
Social Life with a yiddisha ta'm ;)

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 10:59:14 AM »
I was not saying google it and you will find a solution i was saying google the login and go through quickbooks that way.

PEACE

That makes more sense.

PEACE

Offline Q274

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 11:10:17 AM »
That makes more sense.

PEACE
BH

and PEACE it is

Offline askmoses

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 06:32:49 PM »
OK... Need your advice. The company I work for has had some real issues with their accountant who has acted like a real irresponsible child. They used to have the accountant look up the bank statements, credit cards, and the checks written (basically the simple book keeping). From what I understand quickbooks can do this. We won't need the full range of features, and really need it to track expenses and bank accounts monthly. It would also be used to write the computer checks. So here are my questions (your help is greatly appreciated)...

1) Is there a version that will work for multiple locations and sync up well? My colleague looked into Intuit QB online and found that their system is outdated and no compatable with what we need... seems like it doesn't let you break down individual transactions once you have imported if from Amex for example. I have seen the 3-user versions... will they all sync up?

2) What version of QB would work for what we need? Again needs to be able to import bank/credit card info and write checks, all while being compatible with our new accountants quickbooks....

Thanks!

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
Re: quickbooks problem
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 02:27:56 PM »
(There's a certain thrill that comes with posting in a thread that hasn't been touched in years, I can't explain it but I like it  ;D )

So, I know that quickbooks is a beast in terms of resource consumption but I have a desktop with a 7th gen i7 (it's a 3 year old machine), 12gb ram, a 128gb SSD boot drive and 500gb ssd data drive. In the past few months when QB is being used the fan in the desktop gets louder and louder to the point that it's beyond annoying and QB needs to be closed to get it to quiet down.

Again, it's a 3 year old machine so it doesn't warrant investing in a new one just yet. In the beginning this didn't happen, it started in the past few months. It only happens when QB is open and actively being used.

My first line of attack was to change the fan but it's fused to the processor, at the risk of physically breaking it - or even worse yanking out the processor at the same time - I can only use a limited amount of pressure to try and pull it out and so far I cannot.

My next thought was to try and see if I can get QB to behave better.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make QB less heavy?

Thanks!
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.