Author Topic: Qantas 20% bonus for transfers from Amex  (Read 2653 times)

Offline wakimike

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Qantas 20% bonus for transfers from Amex
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2019, 08:02:13 PM »
It was very specific targeting this time. I have 5 accounts all transferred into previously and only 1 was targeted

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2019, 11:12:30 AM »
There is a targeted 15-25% bonus going on now for any transfers within the bonus transfer period.  So Citi Marriott Capital One transfers all get bonuses depending on <>500k. Thisbis not the same as what happened in June. The only question here is will we get on top of Amex 20% and I believe the answer is yes...after the bonus period is over. Prove me wrong...

This thread as stated in the title is specifically about 20% bonus for transfers from AMEX. Which is the exact same as in June when Amex gave 20% and then Qantas added ANOTHER 20% on top of that within a few days.

Citi, Marriott, Capital One transfers may and most likely will get their transfer bonuses but that's irrelevant here. Amex transfers will get the 20% from Amex end, but will not get another 20% added by Qantas as happened in June.

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2019, 11:14:30 AM »
Ummm...I started the thread... :-X

Were you targeted for the additional transfer bonus? It did not limit it to all transfers accept American Express unless you have evidence of what you're saying I stand behind what I wrote
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2019, 04:38:34 PM »
Ummm...I started the thread... :-X

Were you targeted for the additional transfer bonus? It did not limit it to all transfers except American Express unless you have evidence of what you're saying I stand behind what I wrote

Sorry about that. Didn't mean it to come across that way. I was just following the train of thought with Amex in particular.  People are confusing what happened last time with the public 20% Amex offer and what you are referring to which is the 15% or 25% bonus for transfers from anywhere.

So just to clarify I was referring to the fact that specifically for the 20% from Amex, this time Qantas doesn't seem like they will be adding another 20% (like they did last time).

As for the 15% or 25% targeted email offer which they said will be added after 11/30, yes, I agree that it should apply to Amex transfers too.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2019, 04:43:35 PM »
Sorry about that. Didn't mean it to come across that way. I was just following the train of thought with Amex in particular.  People are confusing what happened last time with the public 20% Amex offer and what you are referring to which is the 15% or 25% bonus for transfers from anywhere.

So just to clarify I was referring to the fact that specifically for the 20% from Amex, this time Qantas doesn't seem like they will be adding another 20% (like they did last time).

As for the 15% or 25% targeted email offer which they said will be added after 11/30, yes, I agree that it should apply to Amex transfers too.
+1
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Online db23

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: delta gold, alaska MVP gold ,total rewards diamond,hilton diamond,whyndam diamond,bonvoy gold, hertz president circle, united silver
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2019, 10:27:23 AM »

i got 20% email this time. so is safe to believe that if transfer now ill get the 20% from amex plus the bonus of 20% from qantas later on?

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2019, 10:30:12 AM »
i got 20% email this time. so is safe to believe that if transfer now ill get the 20% from amex plus the bonus of 20% from qantas later on?
Everyone got the 20% transfer from Amex email from Qantas. Did you get a separate email from Qantas that offered you 20% for total transfers over 500k from anywhere? 

Online db23

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: delta gold, alaska MVP gold ,total rewards diamond,hilton diamond,whyndam diamond,bonvoy gold, hertz president circle, united silver
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2019, 02:36:13 PM »
yea just double checked, thought i did, but it was the amex 20% off. oh well.

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2019, 11:40:31 PM »
Everyone got the 20% transfer from Amex email from Qantas. Did you get a separate email from Qantas that offered you 20% for total transfers over 500k from anywhere?

Targeted email offer was 25% over 500k (15% for less)