Author Topic: CC CDW question  (Read 954 times)

Offline SearchGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
CC CDW question
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:58:18 PM »
I rented a car and i brought it back with a dent, the guy in the car rental told me that i have CC insurance so i just have to fill out the form and do nothing, a few months later i receive a letter from Avis with a bill of $700 for the dent, i asked them what is the bill for, they told me that there was no claim made for the dent, i called up the CC company they said that they can't pay anymore since I'm more then 45 days since i returned my car, Avis says they are gonna give it to collection if i refuse to pay, do i have to worry about it?

Offline SamKey

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: If I'm there I can't be here and if I'm here I can't be there
  • Programs: National EE; Hertz PC; Sixt Plt; Avis First; Hilton Gold; Priority Club Plt; West Bestern DE; Carlson Club GE; Accor PLT
Re: CC CDW question
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 06:36:08 PM »
I rented a car and i brought it back with a dent, the guy in the car rental told me that i have CC insurance so i just have to fill out the form and do nothing, a few months later i receive a letter from Avis with a bill of $700 for the dent, i asked them what is the bill for, they told me that there was no claim made for the dent, i called up the CC company they said that they can't pay anymore since I'm more then 45 days since i returned my car, Avis says they are gonna give it to collection if i refuse to pay, do i have to worry about it?
Yes, if you don't file claim you will have to pay. It might be worth going thru collection agency ... they settle for less. Just make sure you don't get blacklist.