Author Topic: $385 The Hat Box Gift Certificate - $325 OBO  (Read 2629 times)

Offline ShmuliT

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
$385 The Hat Box Gift Certificate - $325 OBO
« on: March 21, 2013, 01:15:59 AM »
I have a $385 The Hat Box Gift Certificate that i would like to sell for $325 OBO

Although this wont help me sell this, i prefer to be honest: In my 2 times i have shopped there i have not enjoyed the experience. I feel them to be very dishonest when it comes to pricing and their in store discounts etc,  and they did add $20 to my hat price when i payed with a certificate. This is my main reason for selling it, as i prefer to shop elsewhere.

Offline aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: $385 The Hat Box Gift Certificate - $325 OBO
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 01:17:04 PM »
I have a $385 The Hat Box Gift Certificate that i would like to sell for $325 OBO

Although this wont help me sell this, i prefer to be honest: In my 2 times i have shopped there i have not enjoyed the experience. I feel them to be very dishonest when it comes to pricing and their in store discounts etc,  and they did add $20 to my hat price when i payed with a certificate. This is my main reason for selling it, as i prefer to shop elsewhere.

Which location was this?

Offline ShmuliT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 01:51:14 PM »

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 10:42:55 PM »
Which location was this?
Brooklyn
I had the same experience there. I'm not surprised at all.

Offline ShmuliT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 12:17:52 AM »
They run the place like a market. Quote each person a different price. Try to overcharge.
When you tell the cashier the price the salesman said he acts shocked and says , "let me check that, it can't be... But if he said, I'll have to give it for that price".
When a customer asked, "how much is this shirt?" The reply was, "$40, but for you $30".
When another customer went to put back a product after asking a price he was asked, "how much do you want to spend?" And then sold it for his chosen price.

And to top it all off, when a bochur came to pay and asked for his total to be rounded down a little, the cashier says, "go back to Israel, that stuff doesn't work here". (Was kinda said in a joking way, but still!)

All this I witnessed in about 45 min!

And I just realized, how many stores exist now days without price tags on ANY of there products?

Offline whacked1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 12:23:41 AM »
They run the place like a market. Quote each person a different price. Try to overcharge.
When you tell the cashier the price the salesman said he acts shocked and says , "let me check that, it can't be... But if he said, I'll have to give it for that price".
When a customer asked, "how much is this shirt?" The reply was, "$40, but for you $30".
When another customer went to put back a product after asking a price he was asked, "how much do you want to spend?" And then sold it for his chosen price.

And to top it all off, when a bochur came to pay and asked for his total to be rounded down a little, the cashier says, "go back to Israel, that stuff doesn't work here". (Was kinda said in a joking way, but still!)

And I just realized, how many stores exist now days without price tags on ANY of there products?
i always looked at that place like a used car lot!! I hate it!! when you know that if you arent ready to bargain then they will charge you more than usual price!! very annoying! i completely agree with the op

Offline yas

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 12:24:00 AM »

+1
I had the same experience, I stopped shopping there.

Offline nis965

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 12:54:34 AM »
While I agree with what everyone is saying. IMHO If you go in there knowing what you are willing to spend and with the knowledge that you can haggle, you can walk out of there with a nice suit at a decent price.

Online moko

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 01:15:37 AM »
Dave's "cheena" story:
A lady was in the Hatbox with her son and Dave was busy prattling on about the top quality italian suit he was showing them. The lady checks out the suit, and mentions "it says made in China not Italy" he responds "it's 'Cheena' not china, it's acity in Italy"  :o

Offline joeb1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 01:30:53 AM »
Lets move this thread to js and rename it lashon horah thread. There you can trash all the businesses you please

Offline real-brisker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 08:10:21 AM »
joeb - +1
Thanks for having the guts to say that.

Offline MoYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 10:10:20 AM »
Lets move this thread to js and rename it lashon horah thread. There you can trash all the businesses you please
+1
im not a major fan of them myself to say the least, but its not right to blast them defenslessly

Offline aryeh1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 10:32:34 AM »
When the guy there saw I Didn't like any of the suits he tried selling me life insurance.  I guess it's the same line of work:)

i always looked at that place like a used car lot!! I hate it!! when you know that if you arent ready to bargain then they will charge you more than usual price!! very annoying! i completely agree with the op

Listen it used to be a car dealership and hat box bought it, it's possible its the same workers :)

Offline ShmuliT

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »
So after all these "positive" reviews I still haven't sold the credit!