Author Topic: Smart plugs  (Read 663 times)

Offline ari833

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Smart plugs
« on: September 18, 2017, 07:10:32 AM »
Does anyone have any experience using smart and plugs for a Shabbos clock? Does it work if your phone is off? Is there a limit to how many times you can set it to go on and off? Any recommendations?

Offline JoeyShmoe

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Smart plugs
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 10:36:37 AM »
Does anyone have any experience using smart and plugs for a Shabbos clock? Does it work if your phone is off? Is there a limit to how many times you can set it to go on and off? Any recommendations?
I use the Wemo Switch, there's an app which lets you connect to it, and you can enable it to allow to be remotely turned on and off (and scheduled etc.), once set up you can also access it when on the same network even if it isn't the phone you originally set it up with. It works perfectly fine without the phone once it's been set up, the schedule is programmed on the device itself, so no need to be connected to it.

I do find the Android app (never tried iOs) to be buggy, since I can't always connect to it for some reason (both when on the same network and of the network). It gets very frustrating, but if you try again half hour later (just force closing the app doesn't work) it's usually fine
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info