Author Topic: Urgent Help needed! United Screwed us big time!!  (Read 3350 times)

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Urgent Help needed! United Screwed us big time!!
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2013, 10:32:13 PM »
Update: B"H cleared standby for the 3:30 flight. made it to my destination just in time for the zman.

To clarify:

It was booked Wednesday (2 days before). Got an e-ticket 20 minutes later, like a usual ticket.

Was booked with a regular Amex, and everything was matching, billing, name, number. Was just not booked with my CC.
But what the hell do they care?
The CC holder did not receive any email / phone / communication from United asking to verify the charge. Neither was he phoned by the CC company. Amex says charge was approved from their end.

Anyway, the new standby flight cost us over $300 extra per ticket, plus the hassle and the pain we went through, I am definitely willing to fight this. Any ideas how to get reimbursement / compensation?

I'd call United now. You shouldn't even have to put out any money for your new tickets. Or go to the airport early and try dealing with it.

How was Shabbos?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline Mordy788

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Urgent Help needed! United Screwed us big time!!
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2013, 07:09:02 PM »
Update: B"H cleared standby for the 3:30 flight. made it to my destination just in time for the zman.

To clarify:

It was booked Wednesday (2 days before). Got an e-ticket 20 minutes later, like a usual ticket.

Was booked with a regular Amex, and everything was matching, billing, name, number. Was just not booked with my CC.
But what the hell do they care?
The CC holder did not receive any email / phone / communication from United asking to verify the charge. Neither was he phoned by the CC company. Amex says charge was approved from their end.

Anyway, the new standby flight cost us over $300 extra per ticket, plus the hassle and the pain we went through, I am definitely willing to fight this. Any ideas how to get reimbursement / compensation?

With copies of your e-ticket's you should definitely get that money back.
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. –Wayne Gretzky