Author Topic: Marriott Hotels  (Read 132581 times)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Re: Marriott Hotels
« Reply #380 on: January 26, 2023, 05:57:40 AM »
Shouldnt be any issues

Offline Onefishtwofish

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 26, 2023, 07:49:46 AM »
I booked a hotel with points for 2 nights and I don't want to stay for the 2nd night due to the uncleanliness of the hotel. Will I get my points back?

Offline UKinNYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 26, 2023, 01:56:47 PM »
called bonvoy?
I booked a hotel with points for 2 nights and I don't want to stay for the 2nd night due to the uncleanliness of the hotel. Will I get my points back?

Offline koslo

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 08, 2023, 02:19:31 PM »
Anybody have a cheap corporate code for the Sheraton Tel Aviv?

Offline DealJew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
« Reply #384 on: February 08, 2023, 02:58:54 PM »
Anybody have a cheap corporate code for the Sheraton Tel Aviv?
APL is not bad
PM me for airline compensation help. Your case is not lost!

Offline Gvann

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #385 on: February 26, 2023, 12:13:49 AM »
2 questions

1) does the ritz Carlton not upgrade for status? I heard maybe they don’t is that true?

2) how does 5th night free work? Is it charged as 4 full nights and the 5th is free or is it averaged into the price per room for 5 nights (Nafka Mina is that I have 50k certificates that will only work if the price per night is reduced to an average.)

Offline yochai

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 26, 2023, 01:04:07 AM »
2 questions

1) does the ritz Carlton not upgrade for status? I heard maybe they don’t is that true?

2) how does 5th night free work? Is it charged as 4 full nights and the 5th is free or is it averaged into the price per room for 5 nights (Nafka Mina is that I have 50k certificates that will only work if the price per night is reduced to an average.)
To the best of my knowledge:
1. They don't
2. The 5th free doesn't work with certificates, regardless of the price.

Offline DealJew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
« Reply #387 on: February 26, 2023, 04:42:08 AM »
2 questions

I got a upgrade in the Ritz with gold status.
PM me for airline compensation help. Your case is not lost!

Offline Gvann

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF gold elite, AA Executive Platinum, DL outcasted platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Hyatt Discoverist
« Reply #388 on: February 28, 2023, 05:18:31 PM »
2. The 5th free doesn't work with certificates, regardless of the price.

Good to know . Thanks

Offline ChaiShai

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 20, 2023, 12:25:39 AM »
Looking to book a nice hotel in Paris using 50k cert (+15k top up). The issue is every nice hotel seems to be just above the 65k max per night.
Any ideas?
1 night, two adults Apr 2- Apr 3.

Offline ChaiShai

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: March 31, 2023, 06:09:57 PM »
Any way to get around the 65k max with a certificate?

Offline AMH

• View Profile
  • Programs: UA Platinum,Star Alliance Gold, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's circle, Europcar privilege Elite, Marriot Gold
« Reply #391 on: April 26, 2023, 10:16:26 AM »
How to gift a Marriott Bonvoy reward night to someone else

This is usually fiddlier than it should be, and often not possible if you want to stick strictly to the T&C of the scheme. The reason is often that hotels don’t want to be paying for elite benefits if the actual guest is not an elite member, or do not want to encourage the unofficial sale of reward stays.

Marriott Bonvoy has recently tweaked its rules on how to book a reward night for someone else so it’s worth looking at how you can do it.

Before you ask, the only hotel reward scheme that officially lets you grant elite privileges to other people is World of Hyatt. A top-tier Globalist member can call up to book a reward night for someone else, and that person will receive all Globalist privileges (upgrade to a suite if available at check-in, free parking, free breakfast, 4pm check out etc).

How can you gift a Marriott Bonvoy free night to someone else?
The process is outlined in 3.2.c of the Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions here.

Before you bother gifting a night, remember that you can now transfer Marriott Bonvoy points to another person online. There is no fee for this and you can gift up to 100,000 points per year.

Arguably this is less faff than the method for gifting reward nights, unless your recipient does not meet the criteria for receiving gifted points. These are to have a Bonvoy account over 90 days old, or at least 30 days old with qualifying activity.

Here are the terms and process for gifting Marriott Bonvoy awards:

you can only gift five stays in a calendar year
you can EITHER call Marriott Bonvoy to book the reward night OR make the reward night booking online in your name and then call Marriott Bonvoy at some future time to swap over the name
any changes to gifted reservations must be made by telephone
the recipient will not receive your elite status benefits (whilst not clear in the rules, it appears that they will receive any elite status benefits of their own)
neither you nor the recipient will receive elite night credit for the stay (reward nights usually qualify for elite night credit so this is a negative)
There are two points here to note:

the ability to swap the room name to a third party later on allows you to jump on a redemption online if you see one, and change the name later at your convenience
if the recipient is chasing or has Marriott Bonvoy status, it may be better to transfer your Marriott Bonvoy points to them and let them book the reward directly, because they will then receive elite night credit for the stay
👆 אהבת חינם

Online moko

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 26, 2023, 04:45:54 PM »
How to gift a Marriott Bonvoy reward night to someone else

This is usually fiddlier than it should be, and often not possible if you want to stick strictly to the T&C of the scheme. The reason is often that hotels don’t want to be paying for elite benefits if the actual guest is not an elite member, or do not want to encourage the unofficial sale of reward stays.

Marriott Bonvoy has recently tweaked its rules on how to book a reward night for someone else so it’s worth looking at how you can do it.

Before you ask, the only hotel reward scheme that officially lets you grant elite privileges to other people is World of Hyatt. A top-tier Globalist member can call up to book a reward night for someone else, and that person will receive all Globalist privileges (upgrade to a suite if available at check-in, free parking, free breakfast, 4pm check out etc).

How can you gift a Marriott Bonvoy free night to someone else?
The process is outlined in 3.2.c of the Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions here.

Before you bother gifting a night, remember that you can now transfer Marriott Bonvoy points to another person online. There is no fee for this and you can gift up to 100,000 points per year.

Arguably this is less faff than the method for gifting reward nights, unless your recipient does not meet the criteria for receiving gifted points. These are to have a Bonvoy account over 90 days old, or at least 30 days old with qualifying activity.

Here are the terms and process for gifting Marriott Bonvoy awards:

you can only gift five stays in a calendar year
you can EITHER call Marriott Bonvoy to book the reward night OR make the reward night booking online in your name and then call Marriott Bonvoy at some future time to swap over the name
any changes to gifted reservations must be made by telephone
the recipient will not receive your elite status benefits (whilst not clear in the rules, it appears that they will receive any elite status benefits of their own)
neither you nor the recipient will receive elite night credit for the stay (reward nights usually qualify for elite night credit so this is a negative)
There are two points here to note:

the ability to swap the room name to a third party later on allows you to jump on a redemption online if you see one, and change the name later at your convenience
if the recipient is chasing or has Marriott Bonvoy status, it may be better to transfer your Marriott Bonvoy points to them and let them book the reward directly, because they will then receive elite night credit for the stay
I'll share with you a sooper seekrit....
You can book the reservation in the app and chat with the hotel to add the other person as a guest. I r do e this quite a few times

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #393 on: April 26, 2023, 05:01:17 PM »
yes but that doesnt work with all hotels. Many high end properties will not let you check in unless its properly gifted

Offline AMH

• View Profile
  • Programs: UA Platinum,Star Alliance Gold, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's circle, Europcar privilege Elite, Marriot Gold
« Reply #394 on: May 06, 2023, 04:55:58 PM »

Get a 40%-50% bonus when you buy Marriott Bonvoy hotel points

Marriott Bonvoy has launched a new deal if you buy their hotel points.

You will get a 40% or 50% bonus on all points purchases. Other permutations may be out there but the majority seem to get one of these.

The minimum purchase to get the bonus is 2,000 points.

The annual purchase cap has now been permanently raised to 100,000 points.  With the bonus, this means that you could pick up a maximum of 150,000 Marriott Bonvoy points.

At the top end you are paying, if targeted for 50%, $1,250 for 150,000 points.

However, you might find it worthwhile if:

- you are topping off your account before making a points booking.

- you are close to 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points and want to make a transfer into airline miles (you get a bonus of 5,000 airline miles when you transfer 60,000 Bonvoy points into 20,000 airline miles in most programmes)

- you are planning a stay at a property where you know you will get outsized value
Outsize value is still possible, despite Marriott Bonvoy moving towards revenue-based redemptions. With no reward charts still available, however, you need to look at it on a case by case basis.

https://buy.points.com/marketing/marriott/landing_page/index.html?irgwc=1

The offer runs to 2nd July.
👆 אהבת חינם

Online moko

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 06, 2023, 09:23:48 PM »
yes but that doesnt work with all hotels. Many high end properties will not let you check in unless its properly gifted
never had na issue. I guess I'm not high end

Offline JudahMcB

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 31, 2023, 12:32:50 PM »
Bonvoy terms and conditions state that you can transfer points to another account, up to 100,000 per year. An account can receive up to 500,000 transferred points per year. Is this 100K points limit the total a single Bonvoy account can transfer per year regardless of the number of recipients? Or is it 100K per recipient?

For example, if Reuven already transferred 100K points to Shimon, can Reuven transfer another 50K to Levi and then Levi transfer the 50K to Shimon?

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #397 on: May 31, 2023, 02:22:17 PM »
Bonvoy terms and conditions state that you can transfer points to another account, up to 100,000 per year. An account can receive up to 500,000 transferred points per year. Is this 100K points limit the total a single Bonvoy account can transfer per year regardless of the number of recipients? Or is it 100K per recipient?

For example, if Reuven already transferred 100K points to Shimon, can Reuven transfer another 50K to Levi and then Levi transfer the 50K to Shimon?
only 100k out total per year, per account

Offline AMH

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 11, 2023, 02:25:32 PM »
Get bonus Avios with new Marriott Bonvoy accounts

Marriott is running an offer for any British Airways Executive Club member without a Marriott Bonvoy account. Anyone without a Marriott Bonvoy account who signs up will be able to earn up to 3,000 bonus Avios.

The offer is only open to people who open Bonvoy accounts between 1st June and 30th November 2023 via a special page.

The promotion has two (really three) stages:

To earn the first 1,000 bonus Avios, you need to create a Marriott Bonvoy account and complete a paid stay at a ‘Qualifying Rate’ at a Marriott Bonvoy-participating hotel
To earn a further 2,000 bonus Avios, just complete a second paid stay at a Marriott Bonvoy-participating hotel
You have up to 60 days from when you join Marriott Bonvoy to earn the 3,000 Avios.

That means you’ll have to stay at two hotels in that time to fulfil the requirements. You can see the list of participating properties here – basically, it is virtually all the brands minus Bulgari and, possibly, Ritz Carlton Reserve. Marriott Homes & Villas is also excluded.

Note that you will be earning Avios instead of Marriott Bonvoy points. Once the Avios bonus is triggered you may want to swap to earning points instead of Avios. (The Avios rate at most brands is 2 Avios per $1 spent, dropping to 1 Avios per $1 at the lower cost brands).

https://www.joinmarriottbonvoy.com/emea_ba_miles_incentiveoffer_2023/s/EN-US/
👆 אהבת חינם

Offline EliJelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 04, 2023, 01:18:59 AM »
How do I extend the expiration date of Marriott points? I tried booking and cancelling but last activity date didn't change.