Author Topic: AA non-refundable ticket  (Read 6018 times)

Offline aradisc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: AA non-refundable ticket
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 06:34:28 PM »
Had a minor schedule change for an upcoming trip from LAX to JFK. Called AA to switch me to a nonstop and earlier flight. Had success on the first try, and the agent upgraded my fare class to full-fare Y on the flight!

I just got a ~3 hour schedule change a few months out. Made a ~5hr connecting itinerary in to an ~8hr one. Called to try to get switched to a non-stop after looking at the schedule of available flights on ITA. When I booked the ticket, I was hoping to change on the day of flight if my first flight was even a bit delayed because the connection was tight.

After searching my route for a flight similarly timed to my original itinerary, the rep offered me two nonstop flights. I intentionally picked the one that had a first class ticket as the cheapest still available. Was expecting to still end up in Y or B, but to my surprise the rep said she was rebooking me in First!

Seems to violate the policy, but I'm not going to bring it to their attention:
If original inventory is not available and the flight change is 90 minutes or more or the flight changes from a non-stop to a connecting flight may book an AA flight next lowest available inventory, same cabin, up to and including B inventory.

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2015, 06:39:54 PM »
I just got a ~3 hour schedule change a few months out. Made a ~5hr connecting itinerary in to an ~8hr one. Called to try to get switched to a non-stop after looking at the schedule of available flights on ITA. When I booked the ticket, I was hoping to change on the day of flight if my first flight was even a bit delayed because the connection was tight.

After searching my route for a flight similarly timed to my original itinerary, the rep offered me two nonstop flights. I intentionally picked the one that had a first class ticket as the cheapest still available. Was expecting to still end up in Y or B, but to my surprise the rep said she was rebooking me in First!

Seems to violate the policy, but I'm not going to bring it to their attention:

First class on what route?

Offline aradisc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 06:14:23 AM »
First class on what route?

East coast domestic, nothing too extravagant, but still a nice surprise!