Author Topic: Pesach Hotel Experiences  (Read 68480 times)

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
Pesach Hotel Experiences
« on: April 03, 2013, 03:26:58 PM »
I was wondering what peoples experiences have been like with Pesach programs, good or bad, would be interesting to hear.

I just came back from a program at the Sheraton in Niagara Falls and was not happy with it at all.
I had gone to a program from the same organizers two years ago at the White Oaks resort and Conference center at Niagara on the Lake and had the best experience. The hotel staff was amazing and all the of the Pesach programs events were equally as good. This year at the Sheraton, i started out by waiting over 5.5 hours to get my room. I arrived around 9 AM and was not expecting anything to be ready right away, but 5.5 hours seemed to be more than i should of had to wait (Shouldn't SPG Gold helped get me a room faster?). The hotel was under staffed when it came to cleaning tables in the tea lobby(?) in addition to the actual dining room. During the six days i was there, we were treated to 2 meals that were served by a waiter, even then. they did not have enough waiters to really serve the tables. While the food we were treated to when we were at the White Oak hotel was always great and plentiful, this year, they constantly ran out of food ( French fries three days into the program?!) which made the already long buffet line even longer. In the years past, the table were always set machine and shmura matza in addition to the regular table settings. This year we were lucky to get machine matza and salt and pepper shakers, the salt and pepper normally showed up in a large bowl on the table which consisted of dirty dishes. The speakers were pretty good and even had a great speech from Senator Joseph Lieberman. Not having a designated Tea Room was a bit disappointing, having it in the lobby in front of the dining room made things very cluttered and messy all the time. Overall i was not really happy this year and most of it seemed to come from the hotels lack of preparedness or lack of staffing/caring. It was sad to see the organizer having to deal with frustrated people day after day when most of the issues where from the hotels end of things. I would readily go back to this program, granted it was at a different location and preferably reserved the entire hotel making the staff more attentive.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline plainbachur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Pesach Hotel Experiences
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 05:03:36 PM »
I was wondering what peoples experiences have been like with Pesach programs, good or bad, would be interesting to hear.

I just came back from a program at the Sheraton in Niagara Falls and was not happy with it at all.
I had gone to a program from the same organizers two years ago at the White Oaks resort and Conference center at Niagara on the Lake and had the best experience. The hotel staff was amazing and all the of the Pesach programs events were equally as good. This year at the Sheraton, i started out by waiting over 5.5 hours to get my room. I arrived around 9 AM and was not expecting anything to be ready right away, but 5.5 hours seemed to be more than i should of had to wait (Shouldn't SPG Gold helped get me a room faster?). The hotel was under staffed when it came to cleaning tables in the tea lobby(?) in addition to the actual dining room. During the six days i was there, we were treated to 2 meals that were served by a waiter, even then. they did not have enough waiters to really serve the tables. While the food we were treated to when we were at the White Oak hotel was always great and plentiful, this year, they constantly ran out of food ( French fries three days into the program?!) which made the already long buffet line even longer. In the years past, the table were always set machine and shmura matza in addition to the regular table settings. This year we were lucky to get machine matza and salt and pepper shakers, the salt and pepper normally showed up in a large bowl on the table which consisted of dirty dishes. The speakers were pretty good and even had a great speech from Senator Joseph Lieberman. Not having a designated Tea Room was a bit disappointing, having it in the lobby in front of the dining room made things very cluttered and messy all the time. Overall i was not really happy this year and most of it seemed to come from the hotels lack of preparedness or lack of staffing/caring. It was sad to see the organizer having to deal with frustrated people day after day when most of the issues where from the hotels end of things. I would readily go back to this program, granted it was at a different location and preferably reserved the entire hotel making the staff more attentive.
paid with amex?

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 05:19:55 PM »
Father-in-law paid for some of the family to go spend time with our grandfather. Think he paid with a check through the program, not the hotel. I did pay for parking on my SPG though...
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline aarony

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 07:13:21 PM »
i went to the doral in miami run by Eden Tours (goldwasser) and was extremely happy with almost all aspects  - food, rooms, service & program all exceeded my expectations.

Offline plainbachur

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 11:49:58 PM »
Anybody have a trip report for pesach in Hawaii?

Offline 972sg212

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 01:07:39 AM »
i went to the doral in miami run by Eden Tours (goldwasser) and was extremely happy with almost all aspects  - food, rooms, service & program all exceeded my expectations.

+ 1 me too
Was very pleased

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 02:27:44 AM »
was in hateways, hilton stamford... was great as usual. no complaints, except the time between breakfast kiddush and then lunch was to short. i was a bit hungry btw lunch and childrens dinner (2hrs later)
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Online aryeh1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 02:44:37 AM »
was in hateways, hilton stamford... was great as usual. no complaints, except the time between breakfast kiddush and then lunch was to short. i was a bit hungry btw lunch and childrens dinner (2hrs later)
;) forgot to mention the DO :)

Offline Let3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 03:42:52 AM »
Well I was in Israel Dead Sea in the leonardo privilege,
The food in this place was supposed to be spectacular I found it to be just ok.. They had great main dishes (meats etc) but sides were ok, my wife didng like the shnitzel all yom tov, salads were not too great , (and they hardly served salmon wich is my fam favorite fish) but the worst part wa they mostly only have machine matzah! They are a heimish catering and I in particular being heimish only eat hand matzah .. It was a while ordeal to get a small box of three matzos erect meal, ( I was in Spain last year with a less heimish crowd and there was hand matzos all over) I was very disappointed .. That's my biggest complaint with caterer ,
And that the deserts and cheese cakes were also very disappointing/tasteless, we lived off the ice cream

The hotel was pretty nice but the room service kept knocking in our door even when we had do not disturb sign out, he once even walked in on us after we ignored him hoping he will leave ,
And We found three wafer chocolate bars behind table mid yom tov..
And they seemed to have been teamed to say "we don't have" to anything asked from them.. Even when you saw someone get a sec earlier- regarding food,drinks, and towels.. Typical Israeli I guess,

Basically I enjoyed my Tom tov but the program and hotel def need to be perfected, although the rest of my family liked it more then Spain last year (they are more into the food and main dishes where better this year. We had a blast in Spain with things to do there  and entertainment provided - which also wasn't much here in Israel-so)  me and my wife definitely   disagree!!

Offline bobeli

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 12:59:32 AM »
anyone been to pesach in lancaster?

Offline bades

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 12:41:44 PM »
anyone been to pesach in lancaster?

great program...

Offline moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 11:55:48 AM »
Anyone have experience with Pesach Time Tours ?

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2015, 01:11:40 PM »
Whats the closest program to Monmouth Hospital? Has to be non gebrokt etc. So far the closest i found was Greenwald 20 min from AC.

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2015, 02:13:17 PM »
Whats the closest program to Monmouth Hospital? Has to be non gebrokt etc. So far the closest i found was Greenwald 20 min from AC.
is there still a pesach program in the Berkeley Hotel in Asbury Park?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:17:23 PM by Dr Moose »
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2015, 02:52:20 PM »
Who runs it?

Offline avrumy22

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2015, 03:05:40 PM »

Greenwald was there years ago. In recent years Pesach Time Tours was there (mandel). They were in lancaster the past few years. Some ppl at the berkely were there due to the close proximity to Monmouth Medical.

Offline AI-TRAVEL

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 03:22:34 PM »
Greenwald was there years ago. In recent years Pesach Time Tours was there (mandel). They were in lancaster the past few years. Some ppl at the berkely were there due to the close proximity to Monmouth Medical.
just spoke to somebody. There is a safardi program there this year., that's not going to work. There is a program in ocean place but it seems more modern. I'm looking for a program as close as possible to Monmouth Medical. Closest so far I found was Greenwald in Galloway. I also needed it to beef good hechsher and all.

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 06:20:09 AM »
just spoke to somebody. There is a safardi program there this year., that's not going to work. There is a program in ocean place but it seems more modern. I'm looking for a program as close as possible to Monmouth Medical. Closest so far I found was Greenwald in Galloway. I also needed it to beef good hechsher and all.
If it is "Matza Fun", it is very modern program and not too great.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline avrumy22

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 09:53:44 AM »
Any places offering a good deal for chol hamod and 2nd days? Preferably within driving distance from the tri state area.

Offline Marco Polo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2015, 09:59:33 AM »
Any places offering a good deal for chol hamod and 2nd days? Preferably within driving distance from the tri state area.
What do you consider "driving distance"?
Quaerite et Invenietis.