Author Topic: amex points transer  (Read 1138 times)

Offline happyyyr

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
amex points transer
« on: April 03, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
   Having trouble transferring amex points to airlines. After transferring points it gets deducted from my account but shortly after the points are back in my account. I called amex a few times and finally got a rep who said that there is problems with the online transfers for the past 2 days and told me what's happening to me is happening to many people. But that when rep does transfer there is no such problem. My transfers that I need to do the name don't match so don't want to have to call and convince them each time to transfer anyways. Does anyone have experience with this or no a way to get transfers through?  Thanks

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Re: amex points transer
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 06:48:11 PM »
   Having trouble transferring amex points to airlines. After transferring points it gets deducted from my account but shortly after the points are back in my account. I called amex a few times and finally got a rep who said that there is problems with the online transfers for the past 2 days and told me what's happening to me is happening to many people. But that when rep does transfer there is no such problem. My transfers that I need to do the name don't match so don't want to have to call and convince them each time to transfer anyways. Does anyone have experience with this or no a way to get transfers through?  Thanks
They don't seem to care about mismatched names.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 06:51:56 PM »

The problem is since Sunday AM.

Over the phone it goes thru like a charm. Most reps don't care once the account is linked online, you just tell them the account number (without mentioning your name).

If you don't want to talk to a rep, link it online, and then call in and walk thru the automated system, say "travel" / "airlines transfer" / name the airline / /confirm the account number /  key in the amount of points, and it'll go through successfully.

The above would work only if it's linked online before calling in.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline citiguy

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 11:18:06 PM »
i have 115,000 AMEX and looking for an award ticket from MVD to JFK.

any tips on how i should go about transferring these points?

Offline doodley

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 08:16:05 AM »
emirates is now a transfer airline with amex