Author Topic: spg 30000 point bonus  (Read 45803 times)

Offline Monsey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: spg 30000 point bonus
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2010, 02:41:36 AM »
Alot of people reported recently that after opening the starwood business card they got f/r

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2010, 08:32:31 AM »
if i got fr'ed many years ago and passed, can i get fr'd again?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2010, 09:39:53 AM »
if i got fr'ed many years ago and passed, can i get fr'd again?
Yes, unfortunately.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline BrooklynCPA

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 09:55:27 AM »
When I sign up for a business account can I give the same SPG account number as I've always been using or do I need to open a new SPG account with the busines name to match the new credit card?

Offline leibima

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2010, 10:56:37 AM »
When I sign up for a business account can I give the same SPG account number as I've always been using or do I need to open a new SPG account with the busines name to match the new credit card?

I signed up for the business card with my regular SPG number and I am getting points on it, so you should not need to open a new account

Offline BrooklynCPA

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2010, 11:07:29 AM »
Thank You. Signed up for a business card for both my wife and myself. We weren't approved right away but it said the application was accepted and we'll here from them iwithin 14 days. I guess we should get our hopes up to high.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 11:09:16 AM »
Thank You. Signed up for a business card for both my wife and myself. We weren't approved right away but it said the application was accepted and we'll here from them iwithin 14 days. I guess we should get our hopes up to high.
yes you can use the same spg number.

I also signed up again. Hopefully we get the sign up bonus as we are not "existing" cardholders. I plan to put up quite the fight if they try to avoid giving us the points.

Offline yid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 03:48:14 PM »
is it easier to get approved/ less of a chance for fr if use a business id number instead of the last 4  digits of ss number for the  business card? and does the business  id number have to match the person applying for the cc?

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2010, 11:33:50 PM »
  Creditkarma.com is free and has a simulator that estimates the effect of a single hard credit pull on your score.

Can you please expand on this topic? Thanks in advance.
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline andrew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2010, 02:22:53 PM »
if one gets f/r is it considered  being denied if he doesnt send anything in?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2010, 05:38:39 PM »
 I wasnt gonna do this 1 as I just got 3 other CCs and had a Amex FR a few months ago which I refused to send my info in and they cut me from $50k to $25k. But figured what the hay. After submitting it I got the wed contact you within 14 days.

Ok a no-go cant blame them as I had this card a few yrs ago and still have the Biz one

well my door bell just rang and it was UPS with an Overnight envelope yep my new Amex Personal SPG card. Now to spend the $1000 and see how many if any of the 30k they give me

well looks like I have to help the Mint circulate some of their coins otherwise I wont end up getting the bonuses on my 3 new CCs

Guess it doesnt pay to try and figure these things out as Im at a TOTAL LOSS to understand how they can cut 1 card I have and then go ahead and give me a new card with additional Credit

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2010, 05:45:35 PM »
I wasnt gonna do this 1 as I just got 3 other CCs and had a Amex FR a few months ago which I refused to send my info in and they cut me from $50k to $25k. But figured what the hay. After submitting it I got the wed contact you within 14 days.

Ok a no-go cant blame them as I had this card a few yrs ago and still have the Biz one

well my door bell just rang and it was UPS with an Overnight envelope yep my new Amex Personal SPG card. Now to spend the $1000 and see how many if any of the 30k they give me

well looks like I have to help the Mint circulate some of their coins otherwise I wont end up getting the bonuses on my 3 new CCs

Guess it doesnt pay to try and figure these things out as Im at a TOTAL LOSS to understand how they can cut 1 card I have and then go ahead and give me a new card with additional Credit
Use the free AMEX GC workaround for the Mint if you are looking to avoid another FR.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2010, 06:01:11 PM »
Use the free AMEX GC workaround for the Mint if you are looking to avoid another FR.

Thanks, I have a few bills up coming in the next couple of months that goes a long way, and its been a long time since Ive played with the coins

I was gonna use my Marriott CC for another MR GC $908.50 has a face value of $1000 as the MR CC gives 5 pts per $1 when its a Mariott charge, as nice as it is to get another 4543 MR pts Im not running out of them any time soon. Whats good is with this link (hopefully its not against the T&Cs since its straight to Marriotts site) you get 1000 USAir miles which till 7/31 = 1500 miles and a good way to save from having to cash in more then 60k of SPG pts towards the 120k needed for a Biz tkt to TLV; https://www.marriottvacationcardoffer.com/usairways

Of cause this GC is good ONLY at Marriott properties and cant be used anywhere else, so if you dont stay at Marriotts then it probably doesnt apply to you

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2010, 07:15:43 PM »
I just got an email saying I was approved for this card and it will come in the mail in 7-10 business days. I wonder what the criteria for getting the card delivered via UPS is.

Now I'm crossing my fingers hoping I get the 30,000 starpoint bonus.
My barber needs your support, hes a real sweetheart.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-our-barber-shop

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
I have a question. My wife signed up for the personal card last year, and she was now approved for the business card. Is there a chance that they won't give the bonus?