Author Topic: spg 30000 point bonus  (Read 64751 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: spg 30000 point bonus
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2010, 05:38:39 PM »
 I wasnt gonna do this 1 as I just got 3 other CCs and had a Amex FR a few months ago which I refused to send my info in and they cut me from $50k to $25k. But figured what the hay. After submitting it I got the wed contact you within 14 days.

Ok a no-go cant blame them as I had this card a few yrs ago and still have the Biz one

well my door bell just rang and it was UPS with an Overnight envelope yep my new Amex Personal SPG card. Now to spend the $1000 and see how many if any of the 30k they give me

well looks like I have to help the Mint circulate some of their coins otherwise I wont end up getting the bonuses on my 3 new CCs

Guess it doesnt pay to try and figure these things out as Im at a TOTAL LOSS to understand how they can cut 1 card I have and then go ahead and give me a new card with additional Credit

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2010, 05:45:35 PM »
I wasnt gonna do this 1 as I just got 3 other CCs and had a Amex FR a few months ago which I refused to send my info in and they cut me from $50k to $25k. But figured what the hay. After submitting it I got the wed contact you within 14 days.

Ok a no-go cant blame them as I had this card a few yrs ago and still have the Biz one

well my door bell just rang and it was UPS with an Overnight envelope yep my new Amex Personal SPG card. Now to spend the $1000 and see how many if any of the 30k they give me

well looks like I have to help the Mint circulate some of their coins otherwise I wont end up getting the bonuses on my 3 new CCs

Guess it doesnt pay to try and figure these things out as Im at a TOTAL LOSS to understand how they can cut 1 card I have and then go ahead and give me a new card with additional Credit
Use the free AMEX GC workaround for the Mint if you are looking to avoid another FR.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2010, 06:01:11 PM »
Use the free AMEX GC workaround for the Mint if you are looking to avoid another FR.

Thanks, I have a few bills up coming in the next couple of months that goes a long way, and its been a long time since Ive played with the coins

I was gonna use my Marriott CC for another MR GC $908.50 has a face value of $1000 as the MR CC gives 5 pts per $1 when its a Mariott charge, as nice as it is to get another 4543 MR pts Im not running out of them any time soon. Whats good is with this link (hopefully its not against the T&Cs since its straight to Marriotts site) you get 1000 USAir miles which till 7/31 = 1500 miles and a good way to save from having to cash in more then 60k of SPG pts towards the 120k needed for a Biz tkt to TLV; https://www.marriottvacationcardoffer.com/usairways

Of cause this GC is good ONLY at Marriott properties and cant be used anywhere else, so if you dont stay at Marriotts then it probably doesnt apply to you

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2010, 07:15:43 PM »
I just got an email saying I was approved for this card and it will come in the mail in 7-10 business days. I wonder what the criteria for getting the card delivered via UPS is.

Now I'm crossing my fingers hoping I get the 30,000 starpoint bonus.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline ChAiM'l

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
I have a question. My wife signed up for the personal card last year, and she was now approved for the business card. Is there a chance that they won't give the bonus?

Offline Mikeoracle

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2010, 09:21:40 PM »
I have a question. My wife signed up for the personal card last year, and she was now approved for the business card. Is there a chance that they won't give the bonus?
Personal and Business are separate from each other. You can get a bonus for each "L'katchila"

Offline Yordai Dooma

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2010, 09:21:52 PM »
I just got an email saying I was approved for this card and it will come in the mail in 7-10 business days. I wonder what the criteria for getting the card delivered via UPS is.

Now I'm crossing my fingers hoping I get the 30,000 starpoint bonus.

Just received mine UPS (personal card). Biz card still pending approval

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2010, 09:53:27 PM »
Can anyone who has managed to get an spg sign up bonus more than once answer this?

When you log in to see ur account  online, does it show on top "member since 2010"? or does it show "member since X", where X is the year you got your first amex card.

I just signed my wife up for another card and when i log into the new account using a new login user ID, it shows "member since 2008" which was the first year she ever had an amex card

Offline ChAiM'l

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2010, 10:07:52 PM »
Personal and Business are separate from each other. You can get a bonus for each "L'katchila"
And would it be a problem if the points go into the same SPG account?

Offline Mikeoracle

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 10:45:34 PM »
And would it be a problem if the points go into the same SPG account?
Nope, no problem at all, both my wife and myself signed up for both personal and Biz linked to the same spg account (1 for her and 1 for myself) and all points posted to the accounts without a problem. This was when we first signed up back in 2008 but nothing changed since then as far as I am aware of.

Offline ChAiM'l

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2010, 10:54:36 PM »
Thanks!

Offline crownsbroyal

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2010, 02:15:41 PM »
Did this end up expiring or is it still available?

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2010, 02:33:10 PM »
Did this end up expiring or is it still available?

Did you try clicking the link? It still says "Offer expires 7/6/10. "

Offline txtmax4

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2010, 03:37:32 PM »
I figured I'd share my experience...

Applied for a personal card for my wife and was approved on the spot, they even gave me the full credit card number, expiration etc.
The page stated that I have a temporary limit of $1500 to use ONLY on SPG products until my card arrives in the mail, and once it arrives, I will have the real credit limit for any kind of purchase.

Anyone else have this?
Thoughts?
If You See Something, Say Something!!

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2010, 03:38:42 PM »
By the way, I havent seen even ONE clear answer on this thread wether someone who is an additional user on somene else's account could get the bonus or not...
Anyone?

Offline Mikeoracle

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2010, 03:44:19 PM »
By the way, I havent seen even ONE clear answer on this thread wether someone who is an additional user on somene else's account could get the bonus or not...
Anyone?
The answer is yes.
Additional user is basically just an authorized user on the account. You can make your dog an additional on your card if you want, obviously it would be harder to sign a dog up as a new cardmember....

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2010, 03:56:22 PM »
I figured I'd share my experience...

Applied for a personal card for my wife and was approved on the spot, they even gave me the full credit card number, expiration etc.
The page stated that I have a temporary limit of $1500 to use ONLY on SPG products until my card arrives in the mail, and once it arrives, I will have the real credit limit for any kind of purchase.

Anyone else have this?
Thoughts?

yes got the same. Applied on 7/1/10. got the card on 7/7/10 UPS.

Applied for Biz card as well on 7/1/10. Was pending until yesterday when i was it was approved on the Amex app status site: https://www201.americanexpress.com/eaol/statuscheck/welcome.jsp

Offline BrooklynCPA

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2010, 04:26:34 PM »
Is this deal Dead??? Is there a a way to still do it?

Offline txtmax4

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2010, 06:37:43 PM »
yes got the same. Applied on 7/1/10. got the card on 7/7/10 UPS.

Applied for Biz card as well on 7/1/10. Was pending until yesterday when i was it was approved on the Amex app status site: https://www201.americanexpress.com/eaol/statuscheck/welcome.jsp

Is that necessarily a good/bad sign...? Like getting a higher CL or something. Is it a sign of good or bad credit?
How do they decide who to give the temporary CL on SPG prod. and who not?

How much temporary CL did they give u?

Offline yeshivaman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2010, 06:56:59 PM »
signed up (business) & got approved, my wife got declined (allso business) & it said b/c of Experian. I checked the Experian report & it says my wife has 0 possible problems. What's pshat???
i wish i knew what i was doing...