Author Topic: Chase annual fee and 3bm question  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Walk On the Ocean

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Chase annual fee and 3bm question
« on: April 11, 2013, 06:06:32 PM »
Hey everyone,
I searched but did not find a thread answering this question so I am starting a new topic...

So I was planning on doing a chase 3bm with SP IP and UA. I currently have freedom, ink bold, and sapphire. I changed my sapphire to a MC but it takes 45 days for product change (or so they claim) and now both are showing on my chase online profile so I pushed off my churn. The problem is that I just got charged $95 annual fees on my SP and IB.
Origionally I was going to use these cards as bargaining chips to push through the approvals of the other cards, but with the annual fees I don't know if that's possible.
I think that if I cancel a card within 30 days of being charged the annual fee I can have if refunded, right?

Anyone have any experience with this? or advice?

Thanks  :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:23:21 PM by Walk On the Ocean »

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Re: Chase annual fee and 3bm question
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 06:24:12 PM »
Hey everyone,
I searched but did not find a thread answering this question so I am starting a new topic...

So I was planning on doing a chase 3bm with SP IP and UA. I currently have freedom, ink bold, and sapphire. I changed my sapphire to a MC but it takes 45 days for product change (or so they claim) and now both are showing on my chase online profile so I pushed off my churn. The problem is that I just got charged $95 annual fees on my SP and IB.
Origionally I was going to use these cards as bargaining chips to push through the approvals of the other cards, but with the annual fees I don't know if that's possible

Of course, you have 30/60 from when you got charged the AF to close your account and get refunded.

So you could use these cards, transfer the credit over (close the cards down) and get approved for some new cards.

FYI, you can first call and get some retention and then close and get refunded ;)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 10:15:46 PM »
You can also try switching those card types, which will trigger a annual fee refund.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Walk On the Ocean

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 12:08:05 PM »
Thanks guys, so i will try to get a retention bonus and then if I can't get one i'll downgrade to a fee free card

I'mm do my aor/chase 3bm next week

Offline Mocha

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 12:16:26 PM »
Hey everyone,

Origionally I was going to use these cards as bargaining chips to push through the approvals of the other cards, but with the annual fees I don't know if that's possible.
I think that if I cancel a card within 30 days of being charged the annual fee I can have if refunded, right?

i don't understand why everyone changes to a MC when you could just apply for the MC

Offline MEIR613

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 12:19:01 PM »
i don't understand why everyone changes to a MC when you could just apply for the MC
Support DDF

Offline Smokey Joe Robinson

• View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Best Western Diamond Elite, Marriott Rewards Silver, Hertz President's Circle, National Executive Elite, Sixt Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, United Premier Silver
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 12:22:18 PM »
You can also try switching those card types, which will trigger a annual fee refund.

Can you convert back after and keep the card annual fee free or does the system detect it?
My Programs Are Listed So That I Don't Forget Them :)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 12:24:53 PM »
Can you convert back after and keep the card annual fee free
I would say probably.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.