Author Topic: Problem with two Amex SPG cards  (Read 4095 times)

Offline Mutty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
Problem with two Amex SPG cards
« on: April 15, 2013, 01:58:47 PM »
So I have the personal card and more recently the business card. The problem is that they want my yearly fee on the personal. I wanted to combine the credit limits into the business card and they said that can't be done. So I'm trying to increase the credit limit on the business card so I can get rid of the personal card but they're asking for all kinds of financials, which I don't have because I got the card as Sole Proprietorship as per the forums. Anyway, I may have to get rid of the business card becuase of that. I don't want to pay two fees. I know you all say the business is better to have as far as financial hits, but the limit is a third of my personal card limit. Any ideas?
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline Shmulyg

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with two Amex SPG cards
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 02:05:39 PM »
So I have the personal card and more recently the business card. The problem is that they want my yearly fee on the personal. I wanted to combine the credit limits into the business card and they said that can't be done. So I'm trying to increase the credit limit on the business card so I can get rid of the personal card but they're asking for all kinds of financials, which I don't have because I got the card as Sole Proprietorship as per the forums. Anyway, I may have to get rid of the business card becuase of that. I don't want to pay two fees. I know you all say the business is better to have as far as financial hits, but the limit is a third of my personal card limit. Any ideas?
Are these your only cards?

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 02:06:36 PM »
These are my SPG cards. I have 4 citibank AA cards as well as others which I never use so I don't remember what they are.
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 02:15:49 PM »
These are my SPG cards. I have 4 citibank AA cards as well as others which I never use so I don't remember what they are.
What i was getting at is that if you were trying to move credit-line from a personal card to a biz card for 'credit score' reasons, that act would be counterproductive. Though if you have other cards on your file, we would have to take those into the equation. As per moving credit-line, it's extremely difficult to get Amex to do if the card is less than 13 months old. Regarding increasing your biz credit-line, if by "they're asking for all kinds of financials" you mean questions, just make the stuff up. If you mean docs, then drop it. Also beware that credit-line increase requests can come with a pull.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 03:07:16 PM »
Thanks for your help. What I'll do is pay the fee for the personal card. When I get a fee for the business card (was free one year I think), then I'll just drop the business card at that time. Thanks again

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 12:32:15 PM »
What i was getting at is that if you were trying to move credit-line from a personal card to a biz card for 'credit score' reasons, that act would be counterproductive. Though if you have other cards on your file, we would have to take those into the equation. As per moving credit-line, it's extremely difficult to get Amex to do if the card is less than 13 months old. Regarding increasing your biz credit-line, if by "they're asking for all kinds of financials" you mean questions, just make the stuff up. If you mean docs, then drop it. Also beware that credit-line increase requests can come with a pull.
Yeah, they even sent a letter. They want financial documentation. So as you advised, I'm just dropping it for now. Thanks.

Offline yossi4k

• View Profile
  • Programs: Avis President's Club National Executive Elite Sixt Platinum
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 10:26:47 AM »
I find myself in the same sitch. What doesn't make sense is why would amex only give 3k credit line for biz but 10k for personal..

Offline Centurion

• View Profile
  • Programs: spg plat,avis pres ,hertz plat ,AAexcutime, delta plat,hilton gold, united
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 12:56:18 PM »
ss# to go after..
in a bizz its only a secondary if any
you can only make a first impression ONCE

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 11:56:52 PM »
They keep calling me and emailing me about sending in financial statements. I've been ignoring them. Should I just continue doing that?

Offline Centurion

• View Profile
  • Programs: spg plat,avis pres ,hertz plat ,AAexcutime, delta plat,hilton gold, united
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 11:58:36 PM »
dan said today if they request it and bank statements not enough you should close it on your own before they close it on you- then it will look bad on your credit report

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 12:00:22 AM »
dan said today if they request it and bank statements not enough you should close it on your own before they close it on you- then it will look bad on your credit report
Yeah, I heard him say that but my situation is different. I approached THEM. I wanted to increase the line and they want this paperwork. So I want to just forget about my request. Should I tell them to forget the request and tell them I'll keep it as it is?

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 12:19:21 AM »
if by "they're asking for all kinds of financials" you mean questions, just make the stuff up.
Why would you tell a member to commit fraud? This is how the OP got in this situation to begin with.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Centurion

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 12:20:07 AM »
Why would you tell a member to commit fraud? This is how the OP got in this situation to begin with.
+1!

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 12:23:44 AM »
I'm just asking how to legitimately handle the situation. I don't "make things up". I guess I'll see if they call again and just cancel the request.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 12:29:50 AM »
I'm just asking how to legitimately handle the situation. I don't "make things up". I guess I'll see if they call again and just cancel the request.
If you have a real business just send them the docs to back up your business. Whats the problem?

Offline Centurion

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 12:48:53 AM »
prob has a real bizz not a real income-

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 01:18:45 AM »
Thanks for the ethics lesson...
But as you yourself pointed out, he already over-reported, so that's done. Now, why self-incriminate?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 01:24:12 AM »
Thanks for the ethics lesson...
It has nothing to do with ethics. There is a seperate thread for that.  ;)

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 03:51:57 PM »
If you have a real business just send them the docs to back up your business. Whats the problem?
I did the sole proprietorship shtick.