Author Topic: How many PM's a day?  (Read 13032 times)

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
Re: How many PM's a day?
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 03:09:40 AM »

Offline Jkhein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2013, 05:43:12 AM »
hijack:
Any way to search within pm's or search pm's from a specific member?

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2013, 06:02:44 AM »
hijack:
Any way to search within pm's or search pm's from a specific member?

Use your browser's regular "find on this page" function.

How long are the PMs you are getting anyway, that you need to be able to search within them?

Offline Jkhein

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2013, 06:18:49 AM »
Use your browser's regular "find on this page" function.

How long are the PMs you are getting anyway, that you need to be able to search within them?
not within a pm itself, I want to search for things that I recieved by pm, between all the many pm's.

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2013, 06:52:13 AM »
not within a pm itself, I want to search for things that I recieved by pm, between all the many pm's.

A creative idea would be to have DDF email all PMs to your Gmail account, have a Gmail filter label them (and archive them, if you want) as soon as they come in, and then you can always use Gmail search with your label to find what you're looking for.

Offline Jkhein

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2013, 06:55:40 AM »
A creative idea would be to have DDF email all PMs to your Gmail account, have a Gmail filter label them (and archive them, if you want) as soon as they come in, and then you can always use Gmail search with your label to find what you're looking for.
good idea!

Offline real-brisker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2013, 09:56:36 AM »
rots - ALOL

Offline Shreknit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2013, 11:39:07 AM »
Ummmmm menucha vesimcha....

Menucha  gets quoted a lot in these forums she must be a superstar.

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2013, 11:44:21 AM »
Menucha  gets quoted a lot in these forums she must be a superstar.
well now that she met her competition...

Offline Shreknit

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2013, 11:48:15 AM »
well now that she met her competition...

Very funny

Offline real-brisker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2013, 11:49:40 AM »
AV - Amazing observation!
Menuchas last post was April 14.
Shreknit Joined, April 16.
Mods - IP Check??

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2013, 12:10:57 PM »
With all due respect, you're (beginning to?) rub people the wrong way.

1) You can multi quote.

2) You can edit posts; no need to make new posts for each thought you have.

3) No reason not to be an active poster, but when you're posting 30-50 times a day, and a not insignificant portion of those posts are (i) combative, (ii) irrelevant, and/or (iii) previously discussed, it becomes... trying.

Again, no disrespect, but remedying the above will go a long way towards becoming welcome in the DDF community.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline DH Data Recovery

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2013, 12:13:41 PM »
Shreknit I know you mean well but you can't just come to a forum with ppl contributing for years and fill the entire forum with your posts and then start bashing everyone. Its not the way to get anyone's respect. Try to help, learn, contribute wherever you can and you will find DDF to be an extremely friendly, helpful and invaluable resource. If you start fighting with everyone you will never be fully accepted here.
Just my .02

Offline Shreknit

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2013, 12:22:48 PM »
Honestly I came here to contribute its just there's stigma that if your new your like a freshman in college and the seniors have to beat you up before you can become accepted its ridiculous some people here have such a bad attitude and I have the full right to defend myself. But honestly I'm seeing that people act ridiculous and it's accepted here. And to say that most of my post are irrelevant or combative I believe is completely inaccurate and you should back that up with going thru them. When someone attacks me I will defend myself and that's both on a forum or in person.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »
Honestly I came here to contribute its just there's stigma that if your new your like a freshman in college and the seniors have to beat you up before you can become accepted its ridiculous some people here have such a bad attitude and I have the full right to defend myself. But honestly I'm seeing that people act ridiculous and it's accepted here. And to say that most of my post are irrelevant or combative I believe is completely inaccurate and you should back that up with going thru them. When someone attacks me I will defend myself and that's both on a forum or in person.

You're entitled to behave however you see fit, but all actions have reactions.

I just call it like I see it.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Achas Veachas

• View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2013, 12:31:05 PM »
People here are treating you the way we treat 1 of our own. In every community there are standards of how people act, there are the inside jokes, the relationships between different members and established reputations and personalities. Anyone joining an online community (or any community) would do well to spend some time just observing and seeing how things are run before bombarding and telling others how he (thinks) he ought to be treated. That IMO is the difference between a n00b and a Newbie.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2013, 12:31:46 PM »
You don't have to convince me of anything, if everyone feels your being combative - assume there's a valid reason for it. We don't go around bashing freshman, we explain how to keep the forums running smoothly and most ppl learn quickly and aren't reminded again. Others keep arguing and criticizing other member who've been here way before than and have contributing in many ways over the years. Obviously we don't take kindly to that. Just chill, learn, contribute and everyone will be happy.

Offline Shreknit

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2013, 12:33:40 PM »
People here are treating you the way we treat 1 of our own. In every community there are standards of how people act, there are the inside jokes, the relationships between different members and established reputations and personalities. Anyone joining an online community (or any community) would do well to spend some time just observing and seeing how things are run before bombarding and telling others how he (thinks) he ought to be treated. That IMO is the difference between a n00b and a Newbie.

All I've done was contribute and help in areas I could Ive been repeatedly attacked by other religious jews mind you.Because its an online forum  its ok to put someone down in your eyes right? 

Offline Shreknit

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2013, 12:34:32 PM »
You don't have to convince me of anything, if everyone feels your being combative - assume there's a valid reason for it. We don't go around bashing freshman, we explain how to keep the forums running smoothly and most ppl learn quickly and aren't reminded again. Others keep arguing and criticizing other member who've been here way before than and have contributing in many ways over the years. Obviously we don't take kindly to that. Just chill, learn, contribute and everyone will be happy.

I hear you and appreciate the advice thank you.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2013, 12:34:45 PM »
You don't have to convince me of anything, if everyone feels you're being combative - assume there's a valid reason for it. We don't go around bashing freshman, we explain how to keep the forums running smoothly and most ppl learn quickly and aren't reminded again. Others keep arguing and criticizing other member who've been here way before than and have contributing in many ways over the years. Obviously we don't take kindly to that. Just chill, learn, contribute and everyone will be happy.
FTFY ;D
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com