Author Topic: NBA Master Thread  (Read 756211 times)

Offline MosheD

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Master Thread
« Reply #1520 on: May 20, 2016, 09:58:57 AM »
GSW in 6 in both series.

Probably a small fortune, but I don't mind sitting in the nosebleeds, and who knows if I'll ever have another chance to see CLE win a championship.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1521 on: May 20, 2016, 10:01:31 AM »
Prediction vs hope.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline MosheD

• View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 20, 2016, 10:06:39 AM »
Prediction vs hope.
I see you've been in cle for a while.
Hope for the best, expect the worst.

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 20, 2016, 11:58:56 AM »
Cavs are now 14-0 when their big 3 start in a playoff game...
Given the competition faced with the big 3 vs without, I'd be much prouder of the 2 wins vs GS last year without the big 3 than any of their wins with the big 3. In other words - big deal, they haven't played anyone yet.

Having said that, any CLE fan has to be encouraged by the current landscape.

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 20, 2016, 12:05:34 PM »
Given the competition faced with the big 3 vs without, I'd be much prouder of the 2 wins vs GS last year without the big 3 than any of their wins with the big 3. In other words - big deal, they haven't played anyone yet.

Having said that, any CLE fan has to be encouraged by the current landscape.

Of course the competition isn't the same as SAS, GSW, or OKC. The encouraging thing is how the Cavs have been completely dominating the east, and how well the entire team seems to be playing together (something they haven't done consistently during the regular season).

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 20, 2016, 12:18:57 PM »
Is the level of play they are exhibiting now proof that the Blatt firing was a good decision? Or do they need to win it all in order for that to be the case?
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 20, 2016, 12:22:43 PM »
Is the level of play they are exhibiting now proof that the Blatt firing was a good decision? Or do they need to win it all in order for that to be the case?
All or it is the same old story.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline keemster26

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 20, 2016, 12:32:08 PM »
I don't watch the Cavs. Last year all they had was Lebron. I guess they added two more big guns?
Sorry. I thought you were kidding.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 20, 2016, 12:39:30 PM »
Sorry. I thought you were kidding.
My guess would be Love and Irving since I just looked at the stats.  :)
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1529 on: May 20, 2016, 12:41:34 PM »
I don't think it'd be proof one way or another. Blatt did amazing and had a better regular season record even though Irving was missing for half of it.

And now if Lue wins with the big 3 it doesn't mean at all that Blatt wouldn't have...
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline keemster26

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: May 20, 2016, 12:44:59 PM »
I don't think it'd be proof one way or another. Blatt did amazing and had a better regular season record even though Irving was missing for half of it.

And now if Lue wins with the big 3 it doesn't mean at all that Blatt wouldn't have...
I don't think they would've won w/ blatt, due to the relationship and disrespect between him and LeBron

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: May 20, 2016, 12:48:46 PM »

No one cares about any of that. All they care about is did you win the big one. You are either first or you are last.  :)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1532 on: May 20, 2016, 12:51:43 PM »
I don't think they would've won w/ blatt, due to the relationship and disrespect between him and LeBron
And what makes you think that? They did way better than expected in the finals last year. And he did  better in the regular season with a weaker team than Lue did.

A little friction can actually go a long way in making a team great. No one said you have to be best friends with your coach.

No one cares about any of that. All they care about is did you win the big one. You are either first or you are last.  :)
I'm not sure what you are saying. True Blast didn't win and is a nothing in the history of the cavs. But if you ask me was Lue  a better choice than Blatt...

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: May 20, 2016, 01:02:30 PM »
I'm not sure what you are saying. True Blast didn't win and is a nothing in the history of the cavs. But if you ask me was Lue  a better choice than Blatt...
I think Blatt did a great job with what he had in the playoffs. But none of that matters. Winning will sway everyone's opinion.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: May 20, 2016, 01:20:38 PM »
I think Blatt did a great job with what he had in the playoffs. But none of that matters. Winning will sway everyone's opinion.
No doubt.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: May 20, 2016, 03:07:15 PM »
Although after seeing this maybe you are right, you can feel the chemistry here http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/05/lebron_james_tyronn_lue_uninte.html

Offline Barryg

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: May 20, 2016, 03:09:12 PM »
Winning cures everything. As weak as the the East is they likely would have had similar success with Blatt. I don't think the coach makes much of a difference in this case. Cavs will play at a very high level. If GS is beat up and tired (if they go seven vs OKC) they will be the favorites regardless of coach. Vs OKC Coach Blatt or Coach Lue would both be favorites to win.

Offline SamKey

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: If I'm there I can't be here and if I'm here I can't be there
  • Programs: National EE; Hertz PC; Sixt Plt; Avis First; Hilton Gold; Priority Club Plt; West Bestern DE; Carlson Club GE; Accor PLT
« Reply #1537 on: May 21, 2016, 02:19:48 PM »
I'm thinking of going any DOs in the works?
BUMP

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: May 21, 2016, 10:51:48 PM »
Cavs are now 14-0 1 when their big 3 start in a playoff game...
FTFY

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1539 on: May 21, 2016, 10:53:41 PM »
FTFY
To be fair, I don't think Love or Irving realized there was a playoff game to show up to tonight.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.