Author Topic: NBA Master Thread  (Read 753109 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Master Thread
« Reply #2280 on: July 05, 2016, 07:53:44 AM »
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2281 on: July 05, 2016, 08:59:14 AM »
I agree, who is going to play any defense on this team? And please don't say the offense will compensate, we all know that doesn't ever translate into a championship.
It is possible this will be the best offensive team the league has ever seen by a long shot if everyone plays well together.

They can break any rules of defense wins if they are scoring 120+ every game. Remember gsw fall apart when their 3's are off like in the finals. KD is ghe answer to that.

I can see that as a definite possibility.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline isaac1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: July 05, 2016, 09:12:00 AM »
It is possible this will be the best offensive team the league has ever seen by a long shot if everyone plays well together.

They can break any rules of defense wins if they are scoring 120+ every game. Remember gsw fall apart when their 3's are off like in the finals. KD is ghe answer to that.

I can see that as a definite possibility.
Truth is I'm not a major basketball fan so I don't have any examples, but in football there are endless examples (yes I'm a packer fan, how could you tell?)
Plus when you add one peice offensively you are assuming there armed any injuries, but imagine any of their big 4 get hurt, now your essentially the same as this year minus with even less defense.
"It's the same old Jay. Jay will throw us the ball" -Charles Woodson

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: July 05, 2016, 09:22:47 AM »
Truth is I'm not a major basketball fan so I don't have any examples, but in football there are endless examples (yes I'm a packer fan, how could you tell?)
Plus when you add one peice offensively you are assuming there armed any injuries, but imagine any of their big 4 get hurt, now your essentially the same as this year minus with even less defense.
Football is no different. Defense wins championships.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline shmebeble

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: July 05, 2016, 09:23:45 AM »
Thoughts on the Wade/ Cavs discussions?
Can we please get rid of Love

Offline isaac1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: July 05, 2016, 09:27:44 AM »
I meant say that for sure in football it's true I was just leaving room that perhaps in basketball it's different because I can't bring any precedent. As opposed to football where there is no lack of precedents.
"It's the same old Jay. Jay will throw us the ball" -Charles Woodson

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: July 05, 2016, 09:31:35 AM »
Can we please get rid of Love
Maybe get a coach that knows how to use his talents properly.

Offline shmebeble

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: July 05, 2016, 09:37:35 AM »
Maybe get a coach that knows how to use his talents properly.
Well since Lebron is the coach, I have a feeling that wont happen for some time.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: July 05, 2016, 09:44:41 AM »
Well since Lebron is the coach, I have a feeling that wont happen for some time.
That is the problem with todays NBA.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2289 on: July 05, 2016, 10:05:54 AM »
And it's not like the warriors have bad defense... If KD adds to the regular season offense we saw from the GSW last year they can make a real joke of the NBA. Like team USA in the Olympics joke. Or All-Star like games joke.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: July 05, 2016, 10:16:44 AM »
And it's not like the warriors have bad defense... If KD adds to the regular season offense we saw from the GSW last year they can make a real joke of the NBA. Like team USA in the Olympics joke. Or All-Star like games joke.
I know you are still in LB is our savior mode so this won't make sense to you. The number one reason CLE won was because of their defense. They held the best scoring team in the NBA to just under 100 a game. Of course you can counter that best part of their defense was the block.  :)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: July 05, 2016, 10:19:36 AM »
I know you are still in LB is our savior mode so this won't make sense to you. The number one reason CLE won was because of their defense. They held the best scoring team in the NBA to just under 100 a game. Of course you can counter that best part of their defense was the block.  :)
So last year Delly defense was  a fluke for 2 games on Curry but this year it was real?

The reason our defense was great is partially because they had no inside game, but with KD that changes everything.

I hope more than anyone that the team is a total flop, but if it does work out I'd love for it to be an embarrassment to the NBA. Example scoring 120+ every game...

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: July 05, 2016, 10:24:30 AM »
So last year Delly defense was  a fluke for 2 games on Curry but this year it was real?
Curry is quickly getting the choke label in big games. Next year maybe you should guard him and look like the hero.  :)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: July 05, 2016, 10:32:53 AM »
Curry is quickly getting the choke label in big games. Next year maybe you should guard him and look like the hero.  :)
Haha, he's only got like an inch on me. And I can shoot 3's as well as JR probably ;)

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: July 05, 2016, 10:40:05 AM »
Cleveland was the 10th best defensive team in the regular season this year - GS was #6. Let's not pretend this was anything like the NFL, where Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson won SB's on the backs of defensive juggernauts (you can probably throw in Manning for this year ;D). It's a totally different beast. In the NFL, you can literally win a championship with just your defense. In the NBA, it's probably more accurate to say that the game changes in the playoffs and you need to be equipped to handle it - unlike, say, the 7 seconds or less Suns, or some of Webber's flashy Kings teams.

Offline keemster26

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: July 05, 2016, 10:51:36 AM »

Irving was on curry this year

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: July 05, 2016, 11:02:09 AM »
Cleveland was the 10th best defensive team in the regular season this year - GS was #6. Let's not pretend this was anything like the NFL,
Where are you cherry-picking your stats from? PPG for opponent GS is 19th and CLE is 4th. Defense wins championships, PERIOD!!!

CLE shut down this so called high powered offense (#1 in the league). That is why they won but that doesn't fit with the fairytale storyline.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: July 05, 2016, 11:03:49 AM »
Irving was on curry this year
...and Love for the so called "STOP". Curry chocked and it had nothing to do with who was guarding him.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: July 05, 2016, 11:05:22 AM »
Where are you cherry-picking your stats from? PPG for opponent GS is 19th and CLE is 4th. Defense wins championships, PERIOD!!!

CLE shut down this so called high powered offense (#1 in the league). That is why they won but that doesn't fit with the fairytale storyline.
Nobody cares about defense when 2 players score 40 in the same game. Just like in every sport the coaching never gets the credit they deserve.

That's just how people are.