Author Topic: NBA Master Thread  (Read 749865 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: NBA Master Thread
« Reply #2680 on: June 15, 2017, 09:39:36 AM »
Some of us have backbones unlike most CLE fans.  :P
I call BS here and now, any bets you'd like to make that LA fans will fawn over him if he wins a couple rings?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: June 15, 2017, 09:45:26 AM »
I call BS here and now, any bets you'd like to make that LA fans will fawn over him if he wins a couple rings?
They will fawn over him from the start. He can come to Chicago and win a few championships and that still won't change who he is. He claims to give 100% but we all know that is not true. Let him stay in CLE were he belonged the whole time.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #2682 on: June 15, 2017, 09:50:54 AM »
They will fawn over him from the start. He can come to Chicago and win a few championships and that still won't change who he is. He claims to give 100% but we all know that is not true. Let him stay in CLE were he belonged the whole time.
No arguments from me. I couldn't possibly rewatch the series against BOS when he quit so he could go to Miami, it's just an embarrassment.

If he wants have a chance to be GOAT he needs to win a lot of rings at this point. If he wants to win like GS does he should take a salary like Curry and make so much more in endorsements it'd be a joke compared to the salary change.

If CLE could add another 20mil player they'd actually have a chance next year.

Online joe1234

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: June 15, 2017, 09:58:40 AM »
Maybe lebron should join gs (if you can't beat'em join'em) and then he will get unlimited rings  :P

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2684 on: June 15, 2017, 09:59:02 AM »
So whats the deal with all this LBJ to LA talk? Im a huge Lakers fan, but why on earth would it make sense for him to do that?
Clickbait.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2685 on: June 15, 2017, 09:59:22 AM »
Maybe lebron should join gs (if you can't beat'em join'em) and then he will get unlimited rings  :P
Not any worse than Durant doing that.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: June 15, 2017, 10:01:28 AM »
If he wants have a chance to be GOAT he needs to win a lot of rings at this point.
The only one in a million shot he has to become GOAT is win more championships right where he is at. He might be the most talented player to ever play the game but there is more than just talent to GOAT. What would you say was a bigger accomplishment? The two rings with Miami or the one ring with CLE?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Online joe1234

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: June 15, 2017, 10:04:48 AM »
Not any worse than Durant doing that.
I would love to see curry go to the cavs... him and kyrie would be cool ball movement and lebron would be a huge cherry on top. They would probably get 200 points a game...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: June 15, 2017, 10:07:02 AM »
I would love to see curry go to the cavs... him and kyrie would be cool ball movement and lebron would be a huge cherry on top. They would probably get 200 points a game...
Why would he? He's poised to win several more consecutive rings. They are in another league.

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: June 15, 2017, 01:11:00 PM »
Clickbait.
Well, there's nothing else about the Nba thats compelling to talk about until june next year.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: June 15, 2017, 01:12:45 PM »
Well, there's nothing else about the Nba thats compelling to talk about until june next year.
Exactly. #WherePredictableHappens

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: June 15, 2017, 01:13:05 PM »
Spurs could sign a big name. Prob best chance there is of GSW not winning it next year.

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: June 15, 2017, 01:14:53 PM »
Spurs could sign a big name. Prob best chance there is of GSW not winning it next year.
nah best chance is if steph or durant gets hurt. nobody is beating the current roster if they are fully healthy.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Sport

• View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: June 15, 2017, 01:31:46 PM »
I must disagree, If Rose can stay healthy the Knicks should be a lock to go all the way.

Offline keemster26

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: June 15, 2017, 01:35:44 PM »

Until he does and wins a couple rings and then you defend him as much as you would any Koby debate...

Never!

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: June 15, 2017, 01:51:39 PM »
nah best chance is if steph or durant gets hurt. nobody is beating the current roster if they are fully healthy.
Let's be clear. The biggest name being thrown around for the Spurs is CP3. I wouldn't bet on it, but if it happens, that's a true contender.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: June 15, 2017, 01:58:55 PM »

Never!
I'd put down money :P
Let's be clear. The biggest name being thrown around for the Spurs is CP3. I wouldn't bet on it, but if it happens, that's a true contender.
Of course they would be.

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: June 15, 2017, 02:39:28 PM »
Eh. Steph > CP3, KD > Kawhi, Draymond + Klay > *cricket*
PUTPAC = PITA

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: June 15, 2017, 02:48:03 PM »
Eh. Steph > CP3, KD > Kawhi, Draymond + Klay > *cricket*
Right, so that part where they were getting crushed by the Spurs in game 1 until Leonard went down - we're just gonna ignore that. The part where they were 1-2 vs the Spurs in the regular season - we're just gonna ignore that. And then throw CP3 on top, we're just gonna ignore all that.

I'm not pretending the Spurs would be the favorites, but let's not pretend that adding CP3 wouldn't be create a legit challenge to the Warriors.

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: June 15, 2017, 03:34:27 PM »
Right, so that part where they were getting crushed by the Spurs in game 1 until Leonard went down - we're just gonna ignore that. The part where they were 1-2 vs the Spurs in the regular season - we're just gonna ignore that. And then throw CP3 on top, we're just gonna ignore all that.

I'm not pretending the Spurs would be the favorites, but let's not pretend that adding CP3 wouldn't be create a legit challenge to the Warriors.
Yup, gonna ignore it. Maybe they would push them to six games.
PUTPAC = PITA