Author Topic: NBA Master Thread  (Read 754817 times)

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Master Thread
« Reply #2820 on: July 24, 2017, 12:31:24 PM »
I can't pick the last definition as he wasn't the shortest.  :P
So Rajon Rondo wasn't their PG this past season? He didn't bring the ball up the floor most of the time, initiate the offense, pass the most, have the most touches (adjusted for playing time), etc?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: July 24, 2017, 12:38:51 PM »
So Rajon Rondo wasn't their PG this past season? He didn't bring the ball up the floor most of the time, initiate the offense, pass the most, have the most touches (adjusted for playing time), etc?
OK you got me. He did bring the ball up the floor and pass to Butler who ran the offense.  :)
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: July 24, 2017, 12:42:54 PM »
OK you got me. He did bring the ball up the floor and pass to Butler who ran the offense.  :)
So by your logic, Shaq was the greatest PG to play the game, right?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: July 24, 2017, 12:44:12 PM »
So by your logic, Shaq was the greatest PG to play the game, right?
No MJ!!!

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: July 24, 2017, 04:02:03 PM »

Come to think of it he is not even a Scottie Pippen.
I agree. Scottie Pippen is better than Kyrie. (If the argument would be if LeBron is better than MJ, you would have said Pippen was worse, but whatever.)

Kyrie is the best finisher in the history of the game.

That famous clip of Jordan repositioning his shot at the last second - Kyrie does that a few times a week.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 04:06:31 PM by Baruch »

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: July 24, 2017, 04:07:00 PM »
Kyrie is the best finisher in the history of the game.
Please troll somewhere else.

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: July 24, 2017, 04:09:10 PM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: July 24, 2017, 04:36:34 PM »
Imo he's the best finisher in the game today. All time is a stretch at the moment

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: July 24, 2017, 04:58:51 PM »
Imo he's the best finisher in the game today. All time is a stretch at the moment
So you are only drinking half the Kool-Aid.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2830 on: July 24, 2017, 04:59:39 PM »
So you are only drinking half the Kool-Aid.
He's having the blue instead of the red.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: July 24, 2017, 05:01:37 PM »
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2723393-kyrie-irving-cavaliers-trade-lebron-james-nba-offseason
Should Irving be a franchise centerpiece at all? He's known to be moody and difficult to reach. He has a tendency to dominate the ball. He doesn't elevate teammates. He plays no defense. Nothing about him screams "leader."

Maybe they should read this thread and understand he is the greatest finisher of all time!!!  :)

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #2832 on: July 24, 2017, 05:30:38 PM »
Should Irving be a franchise centerpiece at all? He's known to be moody and difficult to reach. He has a tendency to dominate the ball. He doesn't elevate teammates. He plays no defense. Nothing about him screams "leader."

Maybe they should read this thread and understand he is the greatest finisher of all time!!!  :)
I dont disagree with all this stuff, all I'm saying is that he is a good piece to build a team around. Most stars dominate the ball, so that is not an issue. Its hard to elevate your players when you are not THE guy. If he becomes THE guy I could see him elevating his teammates.

Again no one is saying that he would go to the finals. All Im saying is that if you want to start a franchise from scratch he is a good place to start.

He is not the best and he certainly isnt perfect. But he is a great young piece to start a team with.

About this finishing thing, the problem is today with social media one clip goes viral and people think someone is the best ever. Everyone saying he is the best finisher even today. that is not true. If I knew how to use basketball reference I would look it up and have numbers to prove. I think what everyone means to say is that he makes the toughest shots, but the best finisher is someone who makes a high percentage of shots in the paint. I would guess curry, KD, LBJ, DJ etc are all better finishers than kyrie but what everyone here means is that he is best at changing his shot and making tough finishes.

Finally, @ChaimMoskowitz you spent the last few pages opposing everyone's opinions without giving what you believe is correct. You will be better served telling us who you think is the best finisher of all time instead of putting the person down (again I do not think kyrie is the best finisher of all time or even the best finisher today)

end rant

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: July 24, 2017, 05:54:34 PM »
Finally, @ChaimMoskowitz you spent the last few pages opposing everyone's opinions without giving what you believe is correct. You will be better served telling us who you think is the best finisher of all time instead of putting the person down (again I do not think kyrie is the best finisher of all time or even the best finisher today)
Where am I putting him down. When everyone was falling over themselves about the so called best block ever I was the one pointing out it was Kyrie's shot that won the game/title.

Look at that same game. When neither team could score at the end for many minutes why didn't the best finisher of all time take it to the whole on several chances he had?

How are you going to have an honest discussion with someone that has this ludicrous belief he is the best finisher ever. Just Google best finishers ever and see his name is never mentioned. Where did this idiotic non-sense come from?

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #2834 on: July 24, 2017, 05:59:10 PM »
Where am I putting him down. When everyone was falling over themselves about the so called best block ever I was the one pointing out it was Kyrie's shot that won the game/title.

Look at that same game. When neither team could score at the end for many minutes why didn't the best finisher of all time take it to the whole on several chances he had?

How are you going to have an honest discussion with someone that has this ludicrous belief he is the best finisher ever. Just Google best finishers ever and see his name is never mentioned. Where did this idiotic non-sense come from?
i know how to google. But would like to hear your opinions when you oppose somebody. Like when we finally learnt that you think jimmy butler is a point guard

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: July 24, 2017, 06:04:07 PM »
i know how to google.
Great, now show one list where he is even listed. I am not talking about #1 just being mentioned at all.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: July 24, 2017, 06:08:37 PM »
Great, now show one list where he is even listed. I am not talking about #1 just being mentioned at all.
show me one post where I said he was #1

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: July 24, 2017, 06:13:11 PM »
To be fair, basically everyone on NBA radio yesterday and today said kyrie is top 10 PLAYER in NBA right now. I disagree with this but maintain what I said about him being the top finisher. Who's better? IT?

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: July 24, 2017, 06:20:30 PM »
To be fair, basically everyone on NBA radio yesterday and today said kyrie is top 10 PLAYER in NBA right now. I disagree with this but maintain what I said about him being the top finisher. Who's better? IT?
ill take this one. Westbrook, curry, Kd, harden , lebron, DJ

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: July 24, 2017, 06:25:02 PM »
ill take this one. Westbrook, curry, Kd, harden , lebron, DJ

Offensive talents, maybe. Finishers, most are a league behind him. Westbrook is the only one on this list that gives him a real run for his $