Author Topic: NBA Master Thread  (Read 756220 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Master Thread
« Reply #4320 on: May 29, 2018, 08:15:19 AM »
LBJ formed his own team. He didn't join a team that won 73 games the year before it was completely different

As you can see the warriors won the first year. LBJ didn't he needed another year to get the job done.
My point was they both left to go to a better team to win a championship.

As far needing another year to get the job done. Don't you mean if he didn't choke in the finals, especially in the forth quarters he might have won in his first year in MIA? These are things that define his career not just the positive ones some like to cherry-pick.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: May 29, 2018, 08:23:27 AM »
@ChaimMoskowitz In your terms, If Jordan, Magic, and say Pippen decided to leave their teams and join a totally random team to create their own super team that would be very different than Magic joining the Bulls for the 97 season.

And while someone can understand why they did it, so they would win championships, that doesn't mean fans have to like what it's done to the league. Those are 2 very different points of view.
Please look at what I wrote and not what others think I wrote.
All I said was they both left their teams to win a championship taking the easy way out.
If you and others want to say Durant took the easier road that does not change or disputes my point.

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #4322 on: May 29, 2018, 08:29:23 AM »
I wouldn't say he took the easy way out. It's just that back then he couldn't get free agents to come to Cleveland so he had to sacrifice and leave.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #4323 on: May 29, 2018, 08:30:13 AM »

As far needing another year to get the job done. Don't you mean if he didn't choke in the finals, especially in the forth quarters he might have won in his first year in MIA? These are things that define his career not just the positive ones some like to cherry-pick.
thats definitely part of it. But it's really hard to win a chip the first year your team is formed

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: May 29, 2018, 08:40:09 AM »
I wouldn't say he took the easy way out. It's just that back then he couldn't get free agents to come to Cleveland so he had to sacrifice and leave.
They had the best record in the NBA and blew it in the playoffs. He left and took the road he felt would give him the easiest way to a championship.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: May 29, 2018, 08:45:33 AM »
They had the best record in the NBA and blew it in the playoffs. He left and took the road he felt would give him the easiest way to a championship.
no arguments but it wasn't to a team that was right there and could have won without him.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: May 29, 2018, 08:48:42 AM »
...but it wasn't to a team that was right there and could have won without him.
I will let you guys debate that. Just when it comes to LBJ lets not rewrite history and forget about his failures.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #4327 on: May 29, 2018, 08:53:01 AM »
Please look at what I wrote and not what others think I wrote.
All I said was they both left their teams to win a championship taking the easy way out.
If you and others want to say Durant took the easier road that does not change or disputes my point.

Why the hate on Durant.
The hate is because he dramatically changed the league, to a much higher degree than Lebron did, as I tried to explain, it's like Magic joining the bulls in 97 after their best year ever.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: May 29, 2018, 09:07:30 AM »
The hate is because he dramatically changed the league, to a much higher degree than Lebron did, as I tried to explain, it's like Magic joining the bulls in 97 after their best year ever.
So the hate is because what he did is worse that what LBJ did? If that is true then I will let all of you decide that.

For me the 3 point shot and soft play has destroyed the league. Both these game 7's where decided by teams being cold on 3 pointers. Had nothing to do with what the other team did to stop them.

I know we are from different school of thoughts. How can you let a guy like Curry drive the lane past three defenders and not end up picking himself off the floor?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #4329 on: May 29, 2018, 09:16:19 AM »
So the hate is because what he did is worse that what LBJ did? If that is true then I will let all of you decide that.

For me the 3 point shot and soft play has destroyed the league. Both these game 7's where decided by teams being cold on 3 pointers. Had nothing to do with what the other team did to stop them.

I know we are from different school of thoughts. How can you let a guy like Curry drive the lane past three defenders and not end up picking himself off the floor?
Yes, what he did was much worse than what LBJ did, and do you not recall LBJ was the most hated player in all sports at the time?

I agree the games are much less entertaining with foul happy calls. Then again so was hockey when fighting was allowed. And street ball is more fun to watch as well. Let's open a professional street ball league and give people what they want ;)

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: May 29, 2018, 09:37:29 AM »
Yes, what he did was much worse than what LBJ did, and do you not recall LBJ was the most hated player in all sports at the time?

I agree the games are much less entertaining with foul happy calls. Then again so was hockey when fighting was allowed. And street ball is more fun to watch as well. Let's open a professional street ball league and give people what they want ;)

FYI- Fighting is still allowed in hockey
Visibly Jewish

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: May 29, 2018, 09:39:28 AM »
Fwiu it's not like it used to be. But I don't follow much, so I could be wrong.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: May 29, 2018, 09:41:23 AM »
...and hard hits. They are trying to cut down on the cheap shots but need to do a better job.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: May 29, 2018, 09:42:46 AM »
...and do you not recall LBJ was the most hated player in all sports at the time?
...and some of us don't forget.  ;)

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: May 29, 2018, 09:44:38 AM »
Fwiu it's not like it used to be. But I don't follow much, so I could be wrong.

It’s allowed exactly the same as always.
Though teams realize that it’s not as beneficial as they once thought. And goons/dedicated fighters have been pretty much wiped out from the game and replaced with skill players. You need 4 good lines to win.
It’s still useful when a game gets too chippy so they can let it all out in a controlled fight instead of seeing dangerous dirty hits.
Visibly Jewish

Offline yuneeq

• View Profile
« Reply #4335 on: May 29, 2018, 09:50:20 AM »
Visibly Jewish

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: May 29, 2018, 09:57:52 AM »
Great defense
So four guys watching him shoot isn't how defense is played? Look at the bright side, they had the rebound covered.  :)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #4337 on: May 29, 2018, 10:00:01 AM »
GS is a massive favorite for the first game and series.

Are they pricing in KL playing or not? ROFLMAO!!!

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: May 29, 2018, 10:00:55 AM »
So four guys watching him shoot isn't how defense is played? Look at the bright side, they had the rebound covered.  :)
As much as you get on these guys for defense you have to admit that Houston played amazing first half defense. It was pretty beautiful how they switched seamlessly and never gave GS a clean look for the most part. If they played that way in the 3rd quarter they win the game

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: May 29, 2018, 10:01:17 AM »
GS is a massive favorite for the first game and series.

Are they pricing in KL playing or not? ROFLMAO!!!
probably playing LOL
but in all seriousness LBJ generally does not show up for Game 1s at least not recently (including Toronto) its basically a feel out game for him