Author Topic: NBA Master Thread  (Read 753629 times)

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Re: NBA Master Thread
« Reply #5560 on: July 24, 2021, 10:48:14 PM »
First year he wasn’t playing and last is a player option.
thanks for keeping to ignore my second question

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: July 24, 2021, 10:48:37 PM »
its also easy to not watch games and make things up. Do winning teams go down by 45 points in a game? Please let me know the last time any of the all time greats were down by 45? Milwaukee got really lucky. If you deny it, you are not following the playoffs. Giannis destroyed his knee yet somehow he was able to come back in a week. That looked like a 9 month injury. They were extremely fortunate. Good for them but don’t make it like they are the team to beat going forward.

The Lakers were healthy when the playoffs started by the way and they were not favorites to win the chip.

When did I say MWK is an all time great team?

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: July 24, 2021, 10:53:53 PM »
thanks for keeping to ignore my second question

That year, no one. Over the next 4 years, virtually anyone. Not much they can do now. Let’s hope they have something to show for it more than a “we beat the nba champions by 39 in a game”

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #5563 on: July 24, 2021, 10:55:09 PM »
When did I say MWK is an all time great team?
you called them a winning team who finds ways to win. So I assume they will keep finding ways to win because they are a winning team.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: July 24, 2021, 10:56:08 PM »
That year, no one. Over the next 4 years, virtually anyone. Not much they can do now. Let’s hope they have something to show for it more than a “we beat the nba champions by 39 in a game”
please give me the names. It can be the following year too

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #5565 on: July 24, 2021, 10:56:16 PM »
you called them a winning team who finds ways to win. So I assume they will keep finding ways to win because they are a winning team.
They were a winning team. They won.

They aren’t an all time great team.

Giannis has the potential to end up an all time great player.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
NBA Master Thread
« Reply #5566 on: July 24, 2021, 11:03:20 PM »
please give me the names. It can be the following year too
Following 4 years.

Kawhi for instance. Many buyout candidates this year.

You’re looking in hindsight, knowing that he is still a top nba player. My main issue is not knowing that, and knowing you’re paying for at lease a year of nothing, and knowing that you may get someone who no longer is a top nba player, is a huge risk. A risk that if you don’t win, May not be worth it.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: July 24, 2021, 11:05:09 PM »
Following 4 years.

Kawhi for instance. Many buyout candidates this year.

You’re looking in hindsight, knowing that he is still a top nba player. My main issue is not knowing that, and knowing you’re paying for at lease a year of nothing, and knowing that you may get someone who no longer is a top nba player, is a huge risk. A risk that if you don’t win, May not be worth it.
Kawhi was one of their targets. They were told he wants to go to LA do he wasn’t an option. Buyout candidates sign for the minimum they can always get them. 

And I am not looking in hindsight, I said this from day 1 the nets team doctors performed his surgery. At worst he would be Dirk Nowitzki

Also this team was never championship or bust until they got James Harden and at that point the knew KD was KD. That’s when they threw all their chips in the middle. They still had all their picks in case KD was a total bust and several young talented players to build around like Caris Levert and Jarrett Allen. And not to mention Kyrie. So everything was calculated and they knew what they were doing
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 11:09:53 PM by mochjas »

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #5568 on: July 25, 2021, 12:26:50 AM »
So everything was calculated and they knew what they were doing
How many years they have KD for? Because as we sit now two years are down the drain.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online CountValentine

• View Profile

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: July 25, 2021, 06:34:42 AM »
How many years they have KD for? Because as we sit now two years are down the drain.
one year is down the drain. He will most likely sign a mega extension this summer

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: July 25, 2021, 06:37:26 AM »
What do you say?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/nba-fans-debate-which-they-would-rather-have-giannis-antetokounmpo-s-ring-or-kevin-durant-s-two-rings/ar-AAMwzxv?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
2>1 but I would agree and it’s pretty obvious that it was much harder for Giannis to win his 1 then it was for KD to get his rings.

Nothing but respect for Giannis but if he doesn’t win another chip there will always be an asterisk next to this one. Just as there are asterisks on KDs 2 rings. He knows that which is why he formed his own team now to go for a ring on a team that everyone knows is his
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 06:41:01 AM by mochjas »

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #5572 on: July 25, 2021, 10:09:24 PM »
no problem but you didn’t say when the Bucks gave Giannis his $ that it was the stupidest thing they could have done. You gave him his chance to win a ring.
I would have given KD the money back then (and was rooting hard for him to go to NYK) and still would in a heartbeat but please don’t compare it to paying a 25 y/o Giannis the max.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5573 on: July 25, 2021, 10:17:39 PM »
I would have given KD the money back then (and was rooting hard for him to go to NYK) and still would in a heartbeat but please don’t compare it to paying a 25 y/o Giannis the max.
you are jumping into a long argument and lacking context. I never compared them in that aspect

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #5574 on: July 25, 2021, 10:44:10 PM »
you are jumping into a long argument and lacking context. I never compared them in that aspect
Understood. I’m saying paying Giannis was obviously a no brainer regardless if he would ever be guaranteed to win a ring, you always pay the best guy in basketball whatever you can when he’s in his prime. Every single team in the NBA would have done it. KD was a decision that not every team would have made.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: July 25, 2021, 10:55:49 PM »
Understood. I’m saying paying Giannis was obviously a no brainer regardless if he would ever be guaranteed to win a ring, you always pay the best guy in basketball whatever you can when he’s in his prime. Every single team in the NBA would have done it. KD was a decision that not every team would have made.
every team would have taken him. The warriors were ready to give him 5 years at max which only they could offer. As with Kawhi now. Any team that can offer the max will offer it to him.

And I like how you casually slipped in that Giannis is the best player on basketball. He definitely is not

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: July 25, 2021, 11:01:28 PM »
And I like how you casually slipped in that Giannis is the best player on basketball. He definitely is not
Who is?

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: July 25, 2021, 11:26:01 PM »
Who is?
im not gonna rank them in order but I’m taking both Lebron and KD over him for sure. I’m taking a healthy Kawhi over him as well

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: July 25, 2021, 11:31:30 PM »
im not gonna rank them in order but I’m taking both Lebron and KD over him for sure. I’m taking a healthy Kawhi over him as well
Interesting.
Did you see the USA game today? KD turned in another game 7 OT performance. Hopefully he gets it together.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: July 25, 2021, 11:35:09 PM »
Interesting.
Did you see the USA game today? KD turned in another game 7 OT performance. Hopefully he gets it together.
yes I did. I’m still taking KD over him. I love the overreaction to one game.