Author Topic: NBA Master Thread  (Read 741320 times)

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Master Thread
« Reply #860 on: June 07, 2015, 11:55:15 PM »

I guess you don't know how doubling actually works.

I do. Did you watch the teams that tried doubling up lbj this season when he was playing point?

Offline B.D.Da'ehu

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 07, 2015, 11:55:41 PM »
Meh. I don't mind him not scoring, but he was 3-10 with 1 assist and 6 turnovers. And you can't give him too much credit on defense considering Curry was missing just about everything, even wide open shots.
Not everything is numbers. Consider the intangibles.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 07, 2015, 11:58:25 PM »
Regardless, I think the Warriors expect lbj to score over 30 against their defense of him. Their goal is to limit the others' production. They've done an ok job at that but they've done pitifully at offense themselves.

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 08, 2015, 12:00:18 AM »
Did you watch the game?
I did in fact watch the game. Are you sure you didn't watch it with your eyes closed? Then I could totally understand why you would think that, given how the announcing team was gushing over him. Doesn't change the facts.
I do. Did you watch the teams that tried doubling up lbj this season when he was playing point?
Oh, you mean this season, before the playoffs, when the Cavs weren't playing ISO ball every trip down the court?
Not everything is numbers. Consider the intangibles.
So I watched his defense - wasn't impressed, as I mentioned - and even a diehard Cavs fan will admit he didn't have much of an offensive impact. So what are the intangibles you want me to consider? A loose ball here or there (6 turnovers - enough said)? Or maybe you mean really, really intangible - like mojo or swagger. I'll leave those for you to consider.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 08, 2015, 12:01:13 AM »
Regardless, I think the Warriors expect lbj to score over 30 against their defense of him. Their goal is to limit the others' production. They've done an ok job at that but they've done pitifully at offense themselves.
CLE has no one else. The only one who can beat them at this point is LB. Of all people Steve Kerr should understand this.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #865 on: June 08, 2015, 12:04:02 AM »
CLE has no one else. The only one who can beat them at this point is LB. Of all people Steve Kerr should understand this.
Who are you leaving open?
Smith? Delly? Shump?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #866 on: June 08, 2015, 12:04:05 AM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 08, 2015, 12:07:57 AM »
Who are you leaving open?
Smith? Delly? Shump?
Who ever else is on the court. You take the ball out of the best player's hand. Basketball 101.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 08, 2015, 12:14:04 AM »

Who ever else is on the court. You take the ball out of the best player's hand. Basketball 101.

At the hs level, maybe. This is the nba. Kerr can live w lbj scoring 30 of no one else scores over 10-15. Lebrons one of the best passers at his position in the game. The more attention he's given, the less attention the others are given. And he will find them open. That leaves jr and shumpert open at the wing, Mozgov open by the hoop, etc. the cavs didn't win tonight Bc of their offense - the Warriors did a good job of handling them at that end. It was their defense that earned them the w.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 08, 2015, 08:16:28 AM »
At the hs level, maybe. This is the nba. Kerr can live w lbj scoring 30 of no one else scores over 10-15. Lebrons one of the best passers at his position in the game. The more attention he's given, the less attention the others are given. And he will find them open. That leaves jr and shumpert open at the wing, Mozgov open by the hoop, etc. the cavs didn't win tonight Bc of their offense - the Warriors did a good job of handling them at that end. It was their defense that earned them the w.
It does not matter if it is grammar school you don't let the best player just do what he wants. As far as Kerr living with LB scoring 30 how is that working out? He is averaging over 40 and the series is tied 1-1 to team that is decimated with injuries and should not be on the same court as GS.

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: June 08, 2015, 08:21:58 AM »
I dont really follow basketball but all i have been hearing is the Cavs have no chance against GS yet they are a shot away from being up 2-0

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 08, 2015, 08:23:36 AM »
I dont really follow basketball but all i have been hearing is the Cavs have no chance against GS yet they are a shot away from being up 2-0
You are exactly right but the big question is why?

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 08, 2015, 08:26:43 AM »
You are exactly right but the big question is why?
I only watched the last 5 min of regulation but it reminded me a lot of that series against Detroit years ago.  Ugly but LeBron literally willed and dragged his team to a win..

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 08, 2015, 08:28:02 AM »
I only watched the last 5 min of regulation but it reminded me a lot of that series against Detroit years ago.  Ugly but LeBron literally willed and dragged his team to a win..
...it sure looks that way.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #874 on: June 08, 2015, 09:05:06 AM »
...it sure looks that way.
Well duh... What Lebron needs to be great is a perimeter shooter. That's what Love and Kyrie did. Otherwise they guard him too well under the hoop. James Jones and Smith made some huge shots too take that pressure off Lebron. If the other cavs player can continue to make 3's and open the paint for lebron, they have a small chance of winning this. But still sometimes a team will have an off night, but one player has never won a title by himself afaik.

And whoever said Delly for mvp that game is nuts, Curry had a horrible shooting night and he lost the ball every time he went under the hoop, not to mention missing almost every 3.

As a cleveland fan I just hope Curry stays this bad and Thompson gets into foul trouble more.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 08, 2015, 09:12:33 AM »

As a cleveland fan I just hope Curry stays this bad and Thompson gets into foul trouble more.
Check out the +/- from last night, re Mozgov & Thompson.

I can't say I'm convinced Blatt belongs on this stage. Lebron basically barks orders to him at this point.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 08, 2015, 09:15:34 AM »
So you are one of the those fans that would rather just have the title and not beat the best?
But still sometimes a team will have an off night, but one player has never won a title by himself afaik.
Then put a fork in CLE because that is all they have at this point.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #877 on: June 08, 2015, 09:22:49 AM »
Check out the +/- from last night, re Mozgov & Thompson.

I can't say I'm convinced Blatt belongs on this stage. Lebron basically barks orders to him at this point.
My entire family whatsapp was going crazy asking where Mazgov was, he was having a career night until Blatt took him out. And the morons at ABC didn't even mention it.

So you are one of the those fans that would rather just have the title and not beat the best? Then put a fork in CLE because that is all they have at this point.
Not even a question. Indeed that is basically all they have but like I said if a couple guys are shooting 3's they can do it, although I agree they still have a very slim chance.

If the cavs were up 2-0 I bet national media would still favorite GS.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 08, 2015, 09:28:36 AM »
Not even a question.
Why?

If the cavs were up 2-0 I bet national media would still favorite GS.
Probably yes but I don't think Vegas would. Next game is very interesting. CLE is +1 or -1 depending on who you book with.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 08, 2015, 09:34:10 AM »
Why?
1. Because in this case if Curry stays off it will be credited to Delly paying amazing D, curry scored a big goose egg while being guarded by delly last night.

2. It's been enough years of stupid mistakes and plays that I want cleveland to have a championship however it comes. I don't care right now about building Lebron's legacy or having an amazing story, with our number 2 and 3 guys gone, I'll take the win however it comes.

As a cleveland fan you learn nothing matters at the end of the day, not the story, the calls by refs, or who played a better game, all that matters is who wins it all.