Author Topic: NBA Master Thread  (Read 740974 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Master Thread
« Reply #1100 on: June 12, 2015, 10:48:43 AM »
I admit to comparing the 2 of them. It's you and that other guy that said in basic terms that you don't care about Lebron passing Jordan because you don't think it's even possible.

I wouldn't even think of saying Lebron is better than MJ until he wins a couple in Cle. But I appreciate Lebron's playing ability for what it is now.
I do care because he does not deserve it. If some said Magic is better than MJ I would also care. Lebron talent wise has peaked. He can keep this level for maybe a couple of years but he will not get any better. He can win four titles with CLE and that still doesn't change anything. Only thing that will change my mind is if his level of play increases and I don't see that happening but maybe he will prove me wrong. I still won't like him but I will admit I was wrong.

I love the way this guy plays when he gives 100%. Tell with a straight face he gave 100% on the last play of the 3rd. Tell me he gave 100% in the finals last year when the writing was on the wall. Tell me he gave 100% when he turned his back on CLE the first time.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 10:52:23 AM by ChaimMoskowitz »
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: June 12, 2015, 11:00:39 AM »

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1102 on: June 12, 2015, 11:04:10 AM »
I do care because he does not deserve it. If some said Magic is better than MJ I would also care. Lebron talent wise has peaked. He can keep this level for maybe a couple of years but he will not get any better. He can win four titles with CLE and that still doesn't change anything. Only thing that will change my mind is if his level of play increases and I don't see that happening but maybe he will prove me wrong. I still won't like him but I will admit I was wrong.

I love the way this guy plays when he gives 100%. Tell with a straight face he gave 100% on the last play of the 3rd. Tell me he gave 100% in the finals last year when the writing was on the wall. Tell me he gave 100% when he turned his back on CLE the first time.
I hear ya. I do not think you can count that game because of the head injury. And that's why I said IF he wins in cleveland becuase there is no way a finals is coming easy for him in cle. He was giving 100% for 3 games, I give him a pass for game 4, and will wait to see what happens the next games.

I do hope JR smith goes down as the new John Starks, if the series goes sour from here.

its not a formal injury report thing (ahem belichik)
why does he have to be honest about his starting lineup before the game
Does he get points for honesty? Did I just ask that?  :) :-[ :-X
If I thought what he did was cheating it would bother me, I think he outplayed Blatt and it cost the Cavs dearly. You'd think an Israeli would assume people are lying all the time.

No points for honesty, that was gloating.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Online skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 12, 2015, 11:08:00 AM »

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 12, 2015, 11:08:28 AM »
If I thought what he did was cheating it would bother me, I think he outplayed Blatt and it cost the Cavs dearly. You'd think an Israeli would assume people are lying all the time.
If Blatt believed a word he said he is an idiot. I don't take Blatt as an idiot but his comment at half time that they have four more games to play wasn't to bright.

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 12, 2015, 11:10:54 AM »
Pippen was a cry baby. If not for Jordan he would be an average player.
No that is not what I said. You seem to have a hard time with facts.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1106 on: June 12, 2015, 11:12:31 AM »
His comment at half time that they have four more games to play wasn't to bright.
I yelled at the screen when I heard it lol.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 12, 2015, 11:15:52 AM »

Maybe you will learn the difference between saving someone IS average and commenting on what they would be under a what if situation. Pippen was a very good player for his time with the bulls but not great. I am not counting the two years with out MJ where he pulled his cry baby act in the playoffs.  :)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1108 on: June 12, 2015, 11:21:59 AM »
I don't take Blatt as an idiot but his comment at half time that they have four more games to play wasn't to bright.
#ProofTheNBAIsRigged ;)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Sport

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 12, 2015, 11:24:18 AM »
Maybe you will learn the difference between saving someone IS average and commenting on what they would be under a what if situation. Pippen was a very good player for his time with the bulls but not great. I am not counting the two years with out MJ where he pulled his cry baby act in the playoffs.  :)
we've been through this before, this ends the discussion:
http://www.slamonline.com/nba/karl-malone-would-start-a-team-with-scottie-pippen-instead-of-michael-jordan/

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: June 12, 2015, 11:24:31 AM »
If Blatt believed a word he said he is an idiot. I don't take Blatt as an idiot but his comment at half time that they have four more games to play wasn't to bright.
This is not why it's a non-story. It's a non-story because there's really not much they could have done with days notice that they couldn't do when they saw Igoudala on the floor for tipoff. Forget about starting or not starting, he already played 36 minutes in each of the prior 2 games. He played 40 last night. Not that much of a change. Maybe they did a better job of lining his minutes up with Lebron's, but that's about it.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 12, 2015, 11:30:41 AM »
we've been through this before, this ends the discussion:
That just starts it.  :)
Karl is an idiot and the only reason he never won was because of MJ not Pippen. So his first pick would be a cry baby?  :P

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 12, 2015, 11:32:30 AM »
This is not why it's a non-story. It's a non-story because there's really not much they could have done with days notice that they couldn't do when they saw Igoudala on the floor for tipoff. Forget about starting or not starting, he already played 36 minutes in each of the prior 2 games. He played 40 last night. Not that much of a change. Maybe they did a better job of lining his minutes up with Lebron's, but that's about it.
They went small and quick and CLE didn't know how to handle it. I expect better from them (CLE) next game.

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 12, 2015, 11:32:59 AM »
That just starts it.  :)
Karl is an idiot and the only reason he never won was because of MJ not Pippen. So his first pick would be a cry baby?  :P
He wants to be the alpha on his team, plain and simple. It means he cares more about his ego than winning, but I think we already knew that.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 12, 2015, 11:36:09 AM »
He wants to be the alpha on his team, plain and simple. It means he cares more about his ego than winning, but I think we already knew that.
I actual like Karl. How can I not like someone who delivers the mail? Championships is another story.  :)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 12, 2015, 11:38:55 AM »
Are these odds right for the series? Game five is GS -8 1/2.
GS -380
CLE + 300

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1116 on: June 12, 2015, 11:44:01 AM »
Wow.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 12, 2015, 11:45:00 AM »
They went small and quick and CLE didn't know how to handle it. I expect better from them (CLE) next game.
Well... smaller. They already didn't have a traditional big in their top 5 in minutes played, but in this game their true bigs basically didn't play.

My point is that the starting lineup doesn't dictate the strategy. Total minutes, and to a lesser extent, matchups, are what's important. Bogut started the first 3 games, but only averaged 24 minutes. That's why the lying thing is a non-issue. Kerr made a strategic change, and Blatt didn't (or if you want to be generous, couldn't given his personnel) counter appropriately.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 12, 2015, 11:47:46 AM »
Wow.
You got to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky, well do ya punk?  :)

ML (money line) for next game.
GS -400
CLE +325
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:53:24 AM by ChaimMoskowitz »

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 12, 2015, 01:25:27 PM »
When do we get the camera footage from the camera Lebron fell on?