Author Topic: NBA Master Thread  (Read 740988 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Master Thread
« Reply #1240 on: June 17, 2015, 09:53:41 AM »
Better  question How does a guy who had to be taken out of the end of every close game bc he can't hit a free throw if his life depended on it win the MVP?
Or how about no matter how much you are in love with LeBron how does Curry not get one vote?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: DDF DO: SFO Edition
« Reply #1241 on: June 17, 2015, 10:00:57 AM »
I don't like the guy and think he is overrated. It has nothing to with Chicago or MJ. His numbers late in the game are not that great.
Maybe his numbers late aren't great bc he's completelywe worn down from carrying them the whole game. Here set record for combined points assists and rebounds in the finals how is that overrated

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1242 on: June 17, 2015, 10:03:12 AM »
I don't like the guy and think he is overrated. It has nothing to with Chicago or MJ. His numbers late in the game are not that great.
If you can't admit you are biased the conversation is over.
Maybe his numbers late aren't great bc he's completelywe worn down from carrying them the whole game. Here set record for combined points assists and rebounds in the finals how is that overrated
He had record number specifically because his team did nothing. Put MJ on his team and his numbers decrease this series no increase. Even with Love and Irving his numbers would have decreased.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline skyguy918

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: June 17, 2015, 10:03:26 AM »
Better  question How does a guy who had to be taken out of the end of every close game bc he can't hit a free throw if his life depended on it win the MVP?
Shouldn't be that surprising.

MPG     PTS/RB/AST     STL/BLK/TO    FG%/3P%/FT%
Player A: 33.4     17.8/6.4/2.0     1.6/1.2/1.8     .612/.579/.783
Player B: 37.1     16.3/5.8/4.0     1.3/0.3/1.0     .521/.400/.357

Those stat lines aren't so different, I'll leave it to you to figure out whose they are.

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: June 17, 2015, 10:06:26 AM »
If you can't admit you are biased the conversation is over. He had record number specifically because his team did nothing. Put MJ on his team and his numbers decrease this series no increase. Even with Love and Irving his numbers would have decreased.
Not sure what your therefore is

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: June 17, 2015, 10:06:51 AM »
He had the ball for almost every play. Put any of the greats in his position and the numbers would be off the charts. How many points you think Wilt would have?

I have a question about assists. Basically a assist is when you pass the ball because your teammate has a better shot. When your teammates consistently show they are not hitting the shots why are you passing the ball off?

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: June 17, 2015, 10:09:43 AM »

He had the ball for almost every play. Put any of the greats in his position and the numbers would be off the charts. How many points you think Wilt would have?

I have a question about assists. Basically a assist is when you pass the ball because your teammate has a better shot. When your teammates consistently show they are not hitting the shots why are you passing the ball off?

A)What do you think LeBron would've done with the players Jordan has around him?
B)bc it's physically impossible to bring the ball up every play and create a shot for yourself every single play. The breaks he took was being the point guard instead of the shooter

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1247 on: June 17, 2015, 10:10:37 AM »
Not sure what your therefore is

This:

If we threw MJ in the finals without his sidekicks like Lebron had this year, he would of has insane numbers as well, looking at numbers and saying how this is an all time high numbers doesn't tell a whole story.

Winning 2 games was impressive, but he needed to win 4, and losing 2 at home, this "record" will not be remembered as anything special.

Offline elit

• View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: June 17, 2015, 10:12:42 AM »
This:
If we threw MJ in the finals without his sidekicks like Lebron had this year, he would of has insane numbers as well, looking at numbers and saying how this is an all time high numbers doesn't tell a whole story.

Winning 2 games was impressive, but he needed to win 4, and losing 2 at home, this "record" will not be remembered as anything special.
Oh. I Agree but that doesn't make him overrated...you have to look at the flip slide as well- what he would've done with a better team

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: June 17, 2015, 10:13:31 AM »
If you can't admit you are biased the conversation is over. He had record number specifically because his team did nothing. Put MJ on his team and his numbers decrease this series no increase. Even with Love and Irving his numbers would have decreased.
So I am biased and you are not? Look I don't like this guy. He is a quitter at times and does not give 100%. He can be traded to Chicago and my opinion would not change.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: June 17, 2015, 10:15:43 AM »
So I am biased and you are not? Look I don't like this guy. He is a quitter at times and does not give 100%. He can be traded to Chicago and my opinion would not change.
Of course I am and I admit it. Do you?

Eta: the reason an assist is something awarded is because in theory your good pass directly led to a shot being made. Meaning you set up the play to have the guy open to make a good shot. For example if Lebron drives to the hole and has 3 guys on him then passes to JR for a 3 he deserves credit for getting JR open.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: June 17, 2015, 10:17:37 AM »
LeBron was CLE's MVP hands down. I just don't understand this "he" won the games. If anything won the games it was their defense and one player does not make up a defense.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 17, 2015, 10:20:25 AM »
LeBron was CLE's MVP hands down. I just don't understand this "he" won the games. If anything won the games it was their defense and one player does not make up a defense.
He's the leader, he led the D in those games with Delly being a star, and defense is also dependent on offence which was all him. Hence he won the games.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 17, 2015, 10:24:19 AM »
Of course I am and I admit it. Do you?

Eta: the reason an assist is something awarded is because in theory your good pass directly led to a shot being made. Meaning you set up the play to have the guy open to make a good shot. For example if Lebron drives to the hole and has 3 guys on him then passes to JR for a 3 he deserves credit for getting JR open.
My bias comes from his attitude toward the game and has nothing to do with MJ. Swap Magic and LB for this series and Magic numbers would be off the charts.

I agree with your assist assessment. My point is if your teammates are not making these open shots you are getting them (JR) then I don't care if you have three defenders on you. The better shot would be you. Now here is a big problem for LB. He has a hard time beating a double team and a triple is out of the question.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 17, 2015, 10:30:35 AM »
He's the leader, he led the D in those games with Delly being a star, and defense is also dependent on offence which was all him. Hence he won the games.
LB? Who was he guarding or who did he double team? Was that him I saw diving on the ground for the ball? All I seen was him getting a kiss from his Mom during the game because of a little cut on his head.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 17, 2015, 10:40:01 AM »
Oh. I Agree but that doesn't make him overrated...you have to look at the flip slide as well- what he would've done with a better team
You mean like with Bosh and Wade? What did he do when that went south? This among other things is why I don't like him.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 17, 2015, 10:54:54 AM »
Those stat lines aren't so different, I'll leave it to you to figure out whose they are.
I give, who?

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 17, 2015, 11:11:55 AM »
LB? Who was he guarding or who did he double team? Was that him I saw diving on the ground for the ball? All I seen was him getting a kiss from his Mom during the game because of a little cut on his head.
everytime you mention the little cut, you prove you're biased.
Maybe your too old to remember. But I was a kid 2 decades ago - and I still remember. When you fall hard into someting that causes a laceration on your skull - your head kills - absolutely kills - for hours. You get weak and off balanced.
 Grow up about the fall and the kiss, what should he do about the fact that his Momma loves him?

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 17, 2015, 11:13:52 AM »
I give, who?
Player A: Kawhi Leonard, 2014 NBA Finals MVP
Player B: Andre Iguodala, 2015 NBA Finals MVP

I'm being a bit facetious, Leonard's MVP was actually a much easier case to make, which I'll do in a moment. But my point was that all this talk about the no-stats MVP makes it sound like it's unheard of, when it just happened last year.

Leonard's MVP was less contentious because the Spurs played such a team game, and they lacked another player with the kind of stat line Curry finished with. On top of that, Lebron had a less impressive stat line (mostly because he wasn't doing it all himself) and therefore there was no talk of him winning it in defeat.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 17, 2015, 11:21:08 AM »
everytime you mention the little cut, you prove you're biased.
Maybe your too old to remember. But I was a kid 2 decades ago - and I still remember. When you fall hard into someting that causes a laceration on your skull - your head kills - absolutely kills - for hours. You get weak and off balanced.
 Grow up about the fall and the kiss, what should he do about the fact that his Momma loves him?
Maybe you should watch a sport were they play with broken hands and a torn groin and you might understand what I am talking about. Also I know all to well about head injuries.

Having your Mom give you a kiss during a championship game because you have a boo boo shows she loves you? It was called something else when I was growing up.  :)