Author Topic: NBA Master Thread  (Read 749036 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Master Thread
« Reply #1260 on: June 17, 2015, 11:21:48 AM »
Player A: Kawhi Leonard, 2014 NBA Finals MVP
Player B: Andre Iguodala, 2015 NBA Finals MVP
Had B but no idea on A.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: DDF DO: SFO Edition
« Reply #1261 on: June 17, 2015, 11:27:43 AM »
Maybe you should watch a sport were they play with broken hands and a torn groin and you might understand what I am talking about. Also I know all to well about head injuries.

He played thru the injury. He just couldn't dominate.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 17, 2015, 11:29:11 AM »
Had B but no idea on A.
Yeah, it wasn't really meant to be a guessing game. The idea is to show the comparison without the context of the names, and make the point about their similarity.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 17, 2015, 11:33:32 AM »
He played thru the injury. He just couldn't dominate.
Did he say anything about this injury effecting his play?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 17, 2015, 11:38:36 AM »
Since I am biased can someone explain how LB gets four votes and Curry does not get even one? Take Curry out with an injury and does GS win?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1265 on: June 17, 2015, 12:17:06 PM »
Since I am biased can someone explain how LB gets four votes and Curry does not get even one? Take Curry out with an injury and does GS win?

Because your biased there is nothing to explain, hopefully you can look at outsiders like those votes and at least realize you are biased.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Baruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 17, 2015, 12:57:02 PM »
Did he say anything about this injury effecting his play?
If it did effect his play - would he?

At the end of the half he was asked if his head was hurting and he said "what do you think?"

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 17, 2015, 04:09:43 PM »
Because your biased there is nothing to explain, hopefully you can look at outsiders like those votes and at least realize you are biased.
Actually I do look at outsiders and those who do it for a living. Vegas baby! If this was between Curry and LeBron only, then Curry wins it. Also think about what you just said. According to these outsiders by an overwhelming majority an off the bench player was better than LB. I guess according to these unbiased outsiders I am right that LB is overrated?

I will show you how biased I am when it comes to sports. Before game six (switching sports) TB was +350 to win the Cup. I put a nice hunk of change down on TB because I think with my head not with my heart. Even if I explained it so a five year old could understand most Hawk fans still would not. I see this LeBron discussion the same way.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 17, 2015, 04:11:45 PM »
If it did effect his play - would he?
From I guy who is losing the NBA Championship and claims he is the best in the world I would say yes he would tell us.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 17, 2015, 04:13:59 PM »
Actually I do look at outsiders and those who do it for a living. Vegas baby! If this was between Curry and LeBron only, then Curry wins it. Also think about what you just said. According to these outsiders by an overwhelming majority an off the bench player was better than LB. I guess according to these unbiased outsiders I am right that LB is overrated?

I will show you how biased I am when it comes to sports. Before game six (switching sports) TB was +350 to win the Cup. I put a nice hunk of change down on TB because I think with my head not with my heart. Even if I explained it so a five year old could understand most Hawk fans still would not. I see this LeBron discussion the same way.
Maybe you bet against your team to give yourself a consolation prize if they lost :P

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 17, 2015, 04:18:08 PM »
Maybe you bet against your team to give yourself a consolation prize if they lost :P
No, before game six against the Ducks the Hawks were +600 to win the Cup and I went all in. I know you will understand the logic.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #1271 on: June 17, 2015, 04:25:37 PM »

This is filled with so many logical errors and conclusions I don't even know where to start.

-Vegas bet on GS not curry vs Lebron
-Lebron may be the first player to ever win a finals game with no other all stars on his team.
-The outsiders will 99.9% of the time choose a player from the winning team the fact that a player form the losing team receives any votes shows how good that player really is.
-Your last example shows nothing to do with anything of this discussion, other than you couldn't predict the winner of the cup this year.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 17, 2015, 04:33:50 PM »
JJ you just don't get it and I fully understand why but let me try and help you out.
1 - Yes Vegas had Curry/LeBron bets for MVP.
2 - LeBron never won a Finals game by himself and never will. 
3 - A bench player was considered better than LB by these outsiders who you used as a yardstick for me being biased. Can't have it both ways.
4 - You might want to learn about betting before making an idiotic statement like that.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 17, 2015, 05:00:40 PM »
JJ you just don't get it and I fully understand why but let me try and help you out.
1 - Yes Vegas had Curry/LeBron bets for MVP.
2 - LeBron never won a Finals game by himself and never will. 
3 - A bench player was considered better than LB by these outsiders who you used as a yardstick for me being biased. Can't have it both ways.
4 - You might want to learn about betting before making an idiotic statement like that.
1. Didn't know which odds you were referring to, and same logic applies Curry was winning team.
2. Correct. Did I say he won all by himself? He won without other all stars on the team.
3. MVP of finals has no relation to whether a player is overrated or not.
4. I get it you listen to what others tell you and don't think for yourself. Vegas tells you do this you do this, they tell you do that you do that.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 17, 2015, 05:24:23 PM »
4. I get it you listen to what others tell you and don't think for yourself. Vegas tells you do this you do this, they tell you do that you do that.
You just went from an idiotic statement to I am speechless. I know many years of defeat has blurred your vision but hopefully it hasn't diminished your math skills.

What happens when you bet on two teams playing each other and one is +600 and the other is +350? Hint: Something is impossible to happen if you bet proportionately.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1275 on: June 17, 2015, 05:48:32 PM »
You just went from an idiotic statement to I am speechless. I know many years of defeat has blurred your vision but hopefully it hasn't diminished your math skills.

What happens when you bet on two teams playing each other and one is +600 and the other is +350? Hint: Something is impossible to happen if you bet proportionately.
Who mentioned betting proportionately?

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: June 17, 2015, 05:53:01 PM »
Vegas (who I follow blindly) has CLE at the top of the list at 5/2 to win it all next year. They have it just about right. CLE should be the favorite but at higher odds.

So the player I dislike so much and am so biased against his team is the favorite and I agree. That must mean one of two things.
1 - I worship Vegas and will never go against what they say.
2 - Even with my biased position I can look at things fairly unlike some who have been suffering for so many years.  :)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: June 17, 2015, 05:55:19 PM »
Who mentioned betting proportionately?
I did and assumed you knew that. Now do you now understand what I did with the bet?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 17, 2015, 06:06:15 PM »
I did and assumed you knew that. Now do you now understand what I did with the bet?
Did not know that. I get it now as much as I care to get odds for now.

Vegas (who I follow blindly) has CLE at the top of the list at 5/2 to win it all next year. They have it just about right. CLE should be the favorite but at higher odds.

So the player I dislike so much and am so biased against his team is the favorite and I agree. That must mean one of two things.
1 - I worship Vegas and will never go against what they say.
2 - Even with my biased position I can look at things fairly unlike some who have been suffering for so many years.  :)
I'm going with the Vegas theory.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 17, 2015, 06:10:12 PM »
I'm going with the Vegas theory.
:)