Author Topic: NBA Master Thread  (Read 750047 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: NBA Master Thread
« Reply #5580 on: July 25, 2021, 11:37:45 PM »
yes I did. I’m still taking KD over him. I love the overreaction to one game.
Two games in crunch time.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #5581 on: July 25, 2021, 11:41:28 PM »
Two games in crunch time.
At least he’s not scared to take the shot in crunch time. Giannis doesn’t even touch the ball during crunch time because he will get hacked and sent to the line. So according to your logic he’s not even the best player on his team

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: July 25, 2021, 11:56:18 PM »
At least he’s not scared to take the shot in crunch time. Giannis doesn’t even touch the ball during crunch time because he will get hacked and sent to the line. So according to your logic he’s not even the best player on his team
I never said Giannis was the best player.
You are really defensive about KD. Hopefully he can turn it around and bring the gold home for USA. This is his team.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #5583 on: July 26, 2021, 12:10:44 AM »
I never said Giannis was the best player.
You are really defensive about KD. Hopefully he can turn it around and bring the gold home for USA. This is his team.
you definitely implied that you’d take him over KD based on KDs last 2 crunch times (of course the end of regulation doesn’t count as crunch time for you)
Since you love to be vague: please tell us who you think the best player in the NBA is?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: July 26, 2021, 12:15:12 AM »
Since you love to be vague: please tell us who you think the best player in the NBA is?
I have not watched much basketball this year so can't really say.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: July 26, 2021, 12:18:02 AM »
I have not watched much basketball this year so can't really say.
I saw that one coming from a mile away

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: July 26, 2021, 12:25:38 AM »
I saw that one coming from a mile away
I already stated I have not watched much this year.
Ok I will base it on what I have seen. Giannis blows KD away. You happy now?  :)

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: July 26, 2021, 12:27:57 AM »
I already stated I have not watched much this year.
Ok I will base it on what I have seen. Giannis blows KD away. You happy now?  :)
Yes I am very happy. You admitted that you don’t watch much basketball anymore. That explains a lot of your silly takes. It’s all coming together now….

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: July 26, 2021, 12:32:57 AM »
Yes I am very happy. You admitted that you don’t watch much basketball anymore. That explains a lot of your silly takes. It’s all coming together now….
No I said I didn't watch much "this" year.
If you want to be considered the best you better come through in crunch time. KD failed and Giannis came through.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: July 26, 2021, 12:34:15 AM »
No I said I didn't watch much "this" year.
If you want to be considered the best you better come through in crunch time. KD failed and Giannis came through.
came through by not touching the ball in crunch time and letting Middleton take over?

Offline davidjw0914

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: July 26, 2021, 12:35:02 AM »
This is all a dumb argument many will say Durant and he came up short because he played alone the whole series against 3 all stars and was one ft away at the end of the game from beating them.

For next 5 years I take Giannis right now Durant. Not even close and I’m a Lebrun fan

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: July 26, 2021, 12:40:45 AM »
came through by not touching the ball in crunch time and letting Middleton take over?
What did you want him to do, score 100?  :)
I guess you and Stephen A Smith know more than the rest of the basketball community.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: July 26, 2021, 12:45:37 AM »
What did you want him to do, score 100?  :)
I guess you and Stephen A Smith know more than the rest of the basketball community.
you can’t keep switching arguments. First you were talking about coming through in crunch time and now you’re talking about points scored? Oh btw KD had 48 and Giannis had 40 so did you want KD to score 100? I don’t even know why I waste my time going back and forth with your trolling

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: July 26, 2021, 01:07:01 AM »
you can’t keep switching arguments. First you were talking about coming through in crunch time and now you’re talking about points scored? Oh btw KD had 48 and Giannis had 40 so did you want KD to score 100? I don’t even know why I waste my time going back and forth with your trolling
The facts are Giannis came through in the final game (championship) and KD didn't (game 7). If you want to go by just game 7 stats there is not much difference except KD could not even score in OT when they needed it.

I have nothing against KD except he needed to go to a super team to win a championship. Giannis did it the hard way.
I hope KD plays well and brings home the gold for USA.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: July 26, 2021, 07:00:10 AM »
The facts are Giannis came through in the final game (championship) and KD didn't (game 7). If you want to go by just game 7 stats there is not much difference except KD could not even score in OT when they needed it.

I have nothing against KD except he needed to go to a super team to win a championship. Giannis did it the hard way.
I hope KD plays well and brings home the gold for USA.
I never disputed the outcome or the facts. I am just answering based on YOUR requirements that YOU keep changing with every post. I have been consistent with my takes.

I am not putting Giannis down either I am a fan of his as well. But to say he’s better then KD based on the outcome of a series where everyone agrees including Giannis himself that KD was the best player in the series is wrong.

Again I agree that KD took the easy way out in Golden state. But he still won 2 final MVPs and was the best player on the team. But this whole Giannis took the hard way is a bunch of BS too. He caught break after break, I do not call that the hard way.

The hard way: that was LeBron in 2016 beating a 72 win team fresh off a championship the year before. Giannis beating the Nets without 3 of their top 4 players and Atlanta without their best player is NOT the hard way. That was the lucky way.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #5595 on: July 26, 2021, 08:31:45 AM »
Giannis can only control what he does and not others. By staying with the Bucks and not going to or making a super team IMHO is/was the hard way. I gave LeBron credit for going back to CLE.

Now you want to say he was "lucky" to win the championship still does not change the fact which road he took.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: July 26, 2021, 08:35:12 AM »
Giannis can only control what he does and not others. By staying with the Bucks and not going to or making a super team IMHO is/was the hard way. I gave LeBron credit for going back to CLE.

Now you want to say he was "lucky" to win the championship still does not change the fact which road he took.
I agree with that. But how does that make him a better player? Is it a better story? Sure but that doesn’t make you better.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: July 26, 2021, 08:46:21 AM »
I agree with that. But how does that make him a better player? Is it a better story? Sure but that doesn’t make you better.
Lets remember I never said he was a better player or best in the league. That came about after your snide remark to my honest answer.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: July 26, 2021, 08:55:13 AM »
Lets remember I never said he was a better player or best in the league. That came about after your snide remark to my honest answer.
you can’t have it both ways…. You just like to be vague and then I call you out on it and you say you weren’t serious when you said it. Then I ask you point blank to take a stand and give a take and you cop out and I say I didn’t watch enough

So I don’t know what you are trying to accomplish 

I don’t hide my colors. I admitted I am a Nets fan from the suffering days. There is proof on the forums   (I helped them get where they are today as everything changed once I sat Sean Marks down and had dinner with him you can search for my TR)

But I am not biased. I will criticize a player even on my team if I feel he could have played better. I am not criticizing KD after the Milwaukee series. He gave it everything he had and left it all on the floor and ran out of gas in OT. If you can criticize that, good for you. I applaud that.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: July 26, 2021, 09:05:16 AM »
I am not having it both ways. I gave an honest answer that you didn't like. Before his injury I would have probably picked him as best in the league. I watched very little basketball this year and if you say he is better now than pre-injury then so be it.

Now I hope in a week or so you will be posting how great he is for leading "his" team to the gold!!!