Poll

Is the revis trade smart?

Yes.  They will be much better off now.
5 (45.5%)
No. Its a horrible trade. They shouldve kept him.
6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Revis Traded  (Read 8388 times)

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
Re: Revis Traded
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 04:25:12 PM »
and I was there to see it live :)
if im not mistaken i think most of the jewish pop was there :-) it was one of those games, i was watching it
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline dhalpern1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 04:26:12 PM »
i personally dis agree, yes, he got better season 2,3 but not every great qb has great recievers.

why is cruz still sitting on his 4 million dollar contract and not getting the big numbers? bec hes not really that good, manning makes him that good though! yes, brady had branch, elway had davis, rothesberger had holmes and ward, farve had sharp,

but all these players are good bec of the great qb's...i think we can all say jerry rice was top 5 wr;s of all time, very few like him

I think the distinction to be made is that great QBs can make the players around him better while good ones need surrounding talent.

Offline robi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 04:27:06 PM »
if im not mistaken i think most of the jewish pop was there :-) it was one of those games, i was watching it
it's different when your team comes home with the win, but jet fans probably don't know that feeling. ;)
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not"

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013, 04:27:28 PM »
and I was there to see it live :)

I was also at that game. I remember the halftime show being better than the game, and Im not much of a Lenny Kravitz fan.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2013, 04:33:09 PM »
it's different when your team comes home with the win, but jet fans probably don't know that feeling. ;)
was that the new england game? u a front runner? laker fan too? jk 

I think the distinction to be made is that great QBs can make the players around him better while good ones need surrounding talent.

my point exactly why cruz wont get big money, manning is so good he makes everyone around him better. its like brady, and peyton, just so calm in the pocket. sanchez was not really ever that. i believe it comes down to the west coast O,

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2013, 04:45:21 PM »
my point exactly why cruz wont get big money, manning is so good he makes everyone around him better. its like brady, and peyton, just so calm in the pocket. sanchez was not really ever that. i believe it comes down to the west coast O,

Right, which was my point that with the investment that they made to Sanchez (both in the draft and contract), they need appropriate players around him and an OC who can highlight whatever he can do.

Offline judahk88

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 04:45:51 PM »
Are you really going to put Eli in the same league as Brady and Peyton?

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 04:46:21 PM »
+1
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2013, 04:48:02 PM »

As much as I dislike Eli (Eagles fan here), he isnt as good as Peyton or Brady, but he is in the tier right below them.

Offline judahk88

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2013, 04:50:37 PM »
As much as I dislike Eli (Eagles fan here), he isnt as good as Peyton or Brady, but he is in the tier right below them.
Yes, but the tier below is a big difference.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2013, 04:51:30 PM »
when i am a fan of my NY team i was taught a famous saying..tamus nafshi im pilishtim, i hate the yankees, giants, devils (who are the islanders) and the knicks. so youll never catch me saying anything good about those teams (lol eli and tyce tnight) but yes i think eli is a very good qb, he happens to have 2 rings. Is he amongst the greats? no, but hes not in the league yet 10 yrs, so give him some more time,

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2013, 04:53:43 PM »
when i am a fan of my NY team i was taught a famous saying..tamus nafshi im pilishtim, i hate the yankees, giants, devils (who are the islanders) and the knicks. so youll never catch me saying anything good about those teams (lol eli and tyce tnight) but yes i think eli is a very good qb, he happens to have 2 rings. Is he amongst the greats? no, but hes not in the league yet 10 yrs, so give him some more time,

For me- as an Eagles fan I dislike him, but as a football fan I have to admit what hes done.

Offline judahk88

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2013, 04:59:38 PM »
Yes he is a very good QB but he will never be as good as Peyton or Brady. He will have more rings, but so will Roethlisberger and he is not in that league of QBs. Winning a super bowl is not necessarily the QB.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2013, 05:07:33 PM »
Yes he is a very good QB but he will never be as good as Peyton or Brady. He will have more rings, but so will Roethlisberger and he is not in that league of QBs. Winning a super bowl is not necessarily the QB.
marino?

Offline judahk88

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2013, 05:09:21 PM »
marino?
Exactly my point winning a super is not necessarily the QB. Marino is one of the greats, are you going to put Eli or big Ben in his league bec of their rings?

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2013, 05:16:21 PM »
Exactly my point winning a super is not necessarily the QB. Marino is one of the greats, are you going to put Eli or big Ben in his league bec of his rings?

Still too early, but at the end their careers maybe. The anti-Marino example is Joe Namath. We respect him (and he made the HOF) because of his playoff runs. He even ranked in the top 100 players of all time, but if you look at his stats, his TD/Int Ratio and completion %s are terrible. His stats are not pretty (even if you deflate current days inflated passing stats), but he is remembered for maybe 4 good years and good playoff runs.

Offline judahk88

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2013, 05:20:35 PM »
Still too early, but at the end their careers maybe. The anti-Marino example is Joe Namath. We respect him (and he made the HOF) because of his playoff runs. He even ranked in the top 100 players of all time, but if you look at his stats, his TD/Int Ratio and completion %s are terrible. His stats are not pretty (even if you deflate current days inflated passing stats), but he is remembered for maybe 4 good years and good playoff runs.
Not too early at all. Big Ben and Eli are not and will not be as good as Marino, Brady or Peyton ever. I dont like bringing up Namath because I happen to think he was super overrated also.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2013, 05:26:20 PM »
but i think what sets the greats apart is the rings, marino is a great. the fact that eli won makes it easier to include him in the top qbs in the league. this was the big fight a few weeks ago on mike frenseca, and it continued from B & C and joe and even, does winning a ring subtract from your greatness. the big talk was lebron, till he won he was good, and maybe even great, but not enough in the league to be on kobe, Duncan levels.

Offline judahk88

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2013, 05:27:25 PM »
but i think what sets the greats apart is the rings, marino is a great. the fact that eli won makes it easier to include him in the top qbs in the league. this was the big fight a few weeks ago on mike frenseca, and it continued from B & C and joe and even, does winning a ring subtract from your greatness. the big talk was lebron, till he won he was good, and maybe even great, but not enough in the league to be on kobe, Duncan levels.
ok there are 2 levels of top QBs. Eli is in the 2nd level.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2013, 05:36:14 PM »
ok there are 2 levels of top QBs. Eli is in the 2nd level.
deal!

by the way, tampa is going to be a scary team this yr!