Author Topic: OU Relocation Fair  (Read 1901 times)

Offline dhalpern1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
OU Relocation Fair
« on: April 22, 2013, 01:51:07 PM »
Anyone go to the OU relocation fair yesterday? If so, which towns were the most convincing?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: OU Relocation Fair
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 02:00:08 PM »
If CLE were smart they would've asked me to help :)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »
That would be a smart/different marketing angle.

They were there, but I didnt check them out since it would be a rough commute to Manhattan for me.

Offline chaimmayer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 04:51:22 PM »
That would be a smart/different marketing angle.

They were there, but I didnt check them out since it would be a rough commute to Manhattan for me.
for those of us who "really" live out of town we find it comical how many ny and nj places there were there.
I was thinking about posting the fair to the thread about convincing everyone to move out of town but it probably deserves its own thread.

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 05:07:01 PM »
for those of us who "really" live out of town we find it comical how many ny and nj places there were there.
I was thinking about posting the fair to the thread about convincing everyone to move out of town but it probably deserves its own thread.

The fact of the matter is that the fair took place in NY. The majority of people who live in NY/NJ will stay somewhat within that area, and wont likely move to Milwaukee or Denver or some of the other places advertising.  For that reason, I don't think its weird that most of the places here were NY/NJ. If this fair was near Los Angeles, you would get more LA centric communities.

Most of the areas represented in the fair were places that felt like they need to recruit people (whether in or out of state) and already popular places like Teaneck, 5 towns, KGH, etc etc didnt feel the need to be represented. All of these places are just trying to get their names out there and into the conversation of places to move. Along the same lines. your location says Florida, but you dont see Miami Beach or Aventura represented there, just Jax and Delray.

Offline chaimmayer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 05:48:54 PM »
The fact of the matter is that the fair took place in NY. The majority of people who live in NY/NJ will stay somewhat within that area, and wont likely move to Milwaukee or Denver or some of the other places advertising.  For that reason, I don't think its weird that most of the places here were NY/NJ. If this fair was near Los Angeles, you would get more LA centric communities.

Most of the areas represented in the fair were places that felt like they need to recruit people (whether in or out of state) and already popular places like Teaneck, 5 towns, KGH, etc etc didnt feel the need to be represented. All of these places are just trying to get their names out there and into the conversation of places to move. Along the same lines. your location says Florida, but you dont see Miami Beach or Aventura represented there, just Jax and Delray.
It is not called a "relocation" fair, but rather an "emerging communities" fair. Popular places like Teaneck, 5 Towns, KGH etc are not emerging. They have already emerged, and are well established.

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 05:50:57 PM »
It is not called a "relocation" fair, but rather an "emerging communities" fair. Popular places like Teaneck, 5 Towns, KGH etc are not emerging. They have already emerged, and are well established.

-1 to your -1, the title is "OU Community home and Job relocation fair," so I think it might be safe to call it a relocation fair.

http://www.ou.org/events/ous-community-home-and-job-relocation-fair#.UXWwkjfYGLo
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 06:01:39 PM by dhalpern1 »

Offline chaimmayer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 06:05:08 PM »
-1 to your -1, the title is "OU Community home and Job relocation fair," so I think it might be safe to call it a relocation fair.

http://www.ou.org/events/ous-community-home-and-job-relocation-fair#.UXWwkjfYGLo
i didn't realize they changed the name this year.  Two years ago it was called emerging communities.  See here

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 06:40:11 PM »
i didn't realize they changed the name this year.  Two years ago it was called emerging communities.  See here

Emerging or growing would make sense.

Offline chaimmayer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 09:08:57 PM »
So how was it? A big crowd?

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 12:47:54 AM »
So how was it? A big crowd?

It seems pretty full when I was there, but it was an open house for 6 hours so tough to tell. The communities seemed to have solid presentations.