Author Topic: no cell phone service in basement  (Read 1343 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 285
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: no cell phone service in basement
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 05:20:51 PM »
Yes, they don't work as well as the ones you attach to a router but you can get one. Usually the carrier gives them for free, in this case you can buy one from eBay or something
It usually comes with two units One you put where the signal is good and second where it  needs a boost
The one I just got from T-Mobile was 2 pieces, one placed by the window and one in the room ,or rather on another floor in a room, as far apart in the home they suggested, and all I did was plug then into the outlet and that's about it.
   Sometimes they recommend you to call the carrier and register the phone with the booster.
Don't try to be someone else , be who you are because everyone else is taken.

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2019, 06:45:43 PM »
My father has an iphone 5 with PagePlus service. (verizon)
He lives in an old apartment building.
He has a signal near the windows, but really bad service everywhere else.

I want to get a cell phone signal booster.
I can't put an antenna on the roof and string down a cable to his apartment.
He doesn't have an internet box - he uses Optimum wifi. (He has a booster by his window to catch the signal and strengthen it to reach his laptop. )

I need something that goes by the window, but doesn't need to be plugged into a cable box.

Is there such a thing?
Perhaps a newer iphone can help. The 5 is most likely missing frequencies that can help.
Anyone with a newer verizon iphone test out the service in the same apartment?

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2019, 07:17:09 PM »
Perhaps a newer iphone can help. The 5 is most likely missing frequencies that can help.
Anyone with a newer verizon iphone test out the service in the same apartment?
None of us have the same carrier.
My iphone 6 works well; my sister's non-Apple is spotty, but not as bad as my father.

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2019, 07:27:04 PM »
The one I just got from T-Mobile was 2 pieces, one placed by the window and one in the room ,or rather on another floor in a room, as far apart in the home they suggested, and all I did was plug then into the outlet and that's about it.
   Sometimes they recommend you to call the carrier and register the phone with the booster.
That's the way the one I think I should get works. WeBoost Home 4G LTE Desktop Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit #470101
But I have until after YomTov to get it set up, so I'll wait a bit to see if anyone has more solid information about this.

Offline Eliyohu

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2019, 12:28:19 AM »
The one I got from T-Mobile barely worked, for voice it helped a drop but data almost not at all.. (iirc it showed 4g lte, but the speeds were horrible)
That's the way the one I think I should get works. WeBoost Home 4G LTE Desktop Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit #470101
But I have until after YomTov to get it set up, so I'll wait a bit to see if anyone has more solid information about this.