Topic Wiki

I figured that even this thread can have a wiki.
If your computer or phone is giving you issues:

• Please read this before posting: 4 Reasons Why IT People Ignore Your Requests for Help
• Restart the computer. Hopefully this will take care of any issues
• If your problem has not yet been solved, try to Google it. There may be a very simple solution
• On a Windows computer, a system restore may do the trick.
(This is a work in progress, please feel free to add whatever you may feel is helpful)

Please post whether or not the problem was fixed

Apple iPhone Master Thread
« Last edited by Thingywingy on May 07, 2019, 08:00:02 PM »

DansDeals Forum > Tech Talk

Computer Troubleshooting/Help Master Thread

<< < (1032/1256) > >>

yesitsme:

--- Quote from: Definitions on February 27, 2019, 11:05:22 PM ---What did you try that didn't work?

--- End quote ---
I disconnected the built in screen, to get the bios to open on the external VGA port

Thingywingy:
A bit off topic but I thought it’s better than starting a separate thread....I was locked out of my twitter account for “unusual activity”. I assume it was triggered by being very active yesterday. They wanted me to confirm my identity with a code sent via text, but despite repeated attempts I wasn’t getting code on my phone. Now I’m getting message that “You have exceeded the number of allowed attempts to verify your phone. Please try again later.” any suggestions?

Live N Learn:

--- Quote from: Thingywingy on March 07, 2019, 12:39:04 AM ---A bit off topic but I thought it’s better than starting a separate thread....I was locked out of my twitter account for “unusual activity”. I assume it was triggered by being very active yesterday. They wanted me to confirm my identity with a code sent via text, but despite repeated attempts I wasn’t getting code on my phone. Now I’m getting message that “You have exceeded the number of allowed attempts to verify your phone. Please try again later.” any suggestions?

--- End quote ---
Try again later.  :)

cozmohoot:
Anyone hear of a promorad2 virus that adds its name to file extension? Coworker or mine in Israel has it so she ran malwarebytes cleaned up stuff but is still having issues...
Any ideas?

Yisroel Tech:

--- Quote from: cozmohoot on March 24, 2019, 04:42:13 PM ---Anyone hear of a promorad2 virus that adds its name to file extension? Coworker or mine in Israel has it so she ran malwarebytes cleaned up stuff but is still having issues...
Any ideas?

--- End quote ---
It is one of the currently very active ransomware viruses. See here for details: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/671473/stop-ransomware-promorad-promorad2-promok-readmetxt-support-topic/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version