Topic Wiki

I figured that even this thread can have a wiki.
If your computer or phone is giving you issues:

Please read this before posting: 4 Reasons Why IT People Ignore Your Requests for Help
Restart the computer. Hopefully this will take care of any issues
If your problem has not yet been solved, try to Google it. There may be a very simple solution
On a Windows computer, a system restore may do the trick.
(This is a work in progress, please feel free to add whatever you may feel is helpful)

Please post whether or not the problem was fixed
« Last edited by yesitsme on May 25, 2018, 03:22:44 PM »

DansDeals Forum > Tech Talk

Computer Troubleshooting/Help Master Thread

<< < (1034/1037) > >>

Yisroel Tech:

--- Quote from: yoshyosh on March 24, 2019, 07:22:57 PM ---use a different device to create a bootable drive with an antivirus os https://www.lifewire.com/free-bootable-antivirus-tools-2625785

--- End quote ---
The issue is unlikely to be the active virus (which is ransomware that encrypts files) but rather files already affected by it. Unlikely that an Antivirus can help.

cozmohoot:
What's strange is that this ransom has been there at least 10 days and didnt ask for money.
Last week her google drive all of a sudden got way over quota so we deleted basically everything to bring it back down.
I remember seeing promorad2 at the time but didnt think anything of it.

After we cleared it I only set her desktop to be backed up and not other files...

Is there a way to recover fully deleted items from google drive?

DanH:

--- Quote from: cozmohoot on March 25, 2019, 10:43:23 AM ---Is there a way to recover fully deleted items from google drive?

--- End quote ---
Contact Google

sky121:
My computer is turning on. I hear the startup sounds and the screen is lighting up but it's black. Any ideas of how to fix it? Windows 7 pro if that helps.

Yisroel Tech:

--- Quote from: sky121 on March 26, 2019, 09:55:02 AM ---My computer is turning on. I hear the startup sounds and the screen is lighting up but it's black. Any ideas of how to fix it? Windows 7 pro if that helps.

--- End quote ---
Laptop or desktop?
Any connected peripherals?
If desktop, how many video outputs and which one are you using?
Is the mouse pointer visible on the black screen?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version