Topic Wiki

I figured that even this thread can have a wiki.
If your computer or phone is giving you issues:

• Please read this before posting: 4 Reasons Why IT People Ignore Your Requests for Help
• Restart the computer. Hopefully this will take care of any issues
• If your problem has not yet been solved, try to Google it. There may be a very simple solution
• On a Windows computer, a system restore may do the trick.
(This is a work in progress, please feel free to add whatever you may feel is helpful)

Please post whether or not the problem was fixed

Apple iPhone Master Thread
« Last edited by Thingywingy on May 07, 2019, 08:00:02 PM »

DansDeals Forum > Tech Talk

Computer Troubleshooting/Help Master Thread

<< < (1034/1256) > >>

Yisroel Tech:

--- Quote from: yoshyosh on March 24, 2019, 07:22:57 PM ---use a different device to create a bootable drive with an antivirus os https://www.lifewire.com/free-bootable-antivirus-tools-2625785

--- End quote ---
The issue is unlikely to be the active virus (which is ransomware that encrypts files) but rather files already affected by it. Unlikely that an Antivirus can help.

cozmohoot:
What's strange is that this ransom has been there at least 10 days and didnt ask for money.
Last week her google drive all of a sudden got way over quota so we deleted basically everything to bring it back down.
I remember seeing promorad2 at the time but didnt think anything of it.

After we cleared it I only set her desktop to be backed up and not other files...

Is there a way to recover fully deleted items from google drive?

DanH:

--- Quote from: cozmohoot on March 25, 2019, 10:43:23 AM ---Is there a way to recover fully deleted items from google drive?

--- End quote ---
Contact Google

sky121:
My computer is turning on. I hear the startup sounds and the screen is lighting up but it's black. Any ideas of how to fix it? Windows 7 pro if that helps.

Yisroel Tech:

--- Quote from: sky121 on March 26, 2019, 09:55:02 AM ---My computer is turning on. I hear the startup sounds and the screen is lighting up but it's black. Any ideas of how to fix it? Windows 7 pro if that helps.

--- End quote ---
Laptop or desktop?
Any connected peripherals?
If desktop, how many video outputs and which one are you using?
Is the mouse pointer visible on the black screen?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version