Topic Wiki

I figured that even this thread can have a wiki.
If your computer or phone is giving you issues:

• Please read this before posting: 4 Reasons Why IT People Ignore Your Requests for Help
• Restart the computer. Hopefully this will take care of any issues
• If your problem has not yet been solved, try to Google it. There may be a very simple solution
• On a Windows computer, a system restore may do the trick.
(This is a work in progress, please feel free to add whatever you may feel is helpful)

Please post whether or not the problem was fixed

Apple iPhone Master Thread
« Last edited by Thingywingy on May 07, 2019, 08:00:02 PM »

DansDeals Forum > Tech Talk

Computer Troubleshooting/Help Master Thread

<< < (1035/1256) > >>

sky121:

--- Quote from: Yisroel Tech on March 26, 2019, 01:22:22 PM ---Laptop or desktop?
Any connected peripherals?
If desktop, how many video outputs and which one are you using?
Is the mouse pointer visible on the black screen?

--- End quote ---
This was on a laptop. I did get it to turn on after unplugging it from the power adapter and taking out the battery. I did that a few times and then it finally turned on the right way. I'm just trying to figure out what happened and I'm concerned that I may need a new computer soon. Any ideas what might have caused it?

Boruch999:
Any reason this won't work for an SSD taken out of a laptop?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Centechia-4-Colors-2-5-inch-USB-2-0-SATA-HD-Box-HDD-Hard-Drive-External/32833297904.html

DanH:

--- Quote from: Boruch999 on April 07, 2019, 03:19:24 PM ---Any reason this won't work for an SSD taken out of a laptop?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Centechia-4-Colors-2-5-inch-USB-2-0-SATA-HD-Box-HDD-Hard-Drive-External/32833297904.html

--- End quote ---
Should work.  Scary though, too cheap.

Boruch999:

--- Quote from: DanH on April 07, 2019, 03:21:28 PM ---Should work.  Scary though, too cheap.

--- End quote ---

Currently using it for an old HDD, no issues.

Boruch999:
I have an Acer Aspire 5 laptop.  Some of the keys stop working intermittently. p, u, t, j.  Restart sometimes helps. Other times have hitting the key repeatedly or hard it starts working.  Is this fixable?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version